• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Btw, internet cafes and those big open air shops will have people offering to take bets before and during match. DON’T!!!!!!!!!

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a stretch of Cafe along the lane next to Power Buy @ Central Pattaya. This lane connects to the backdoor of Index Living Mall.

It's not your usual StarBucks, Coffee World or Amazons. The cafes are pretty unique in design, and it seems like it aspires to be the Coffee Alley of Pattaya.

Unfortunately, it's too far from where I stay. It's also not convenient for baht bus lovers to travel to Central Pattaya near Harbor Mall. If they start a Coffee Alley in Jomtien, I think it will be popular with Farangs.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Back in Bangkok Sunday morning.

Knn very sian with ahan farang liao

A6829722-6ABD-4807-9556-2E39C5E5252C.jpeg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is a stretch of Cafe along the lane next to Power Buy @ Central Pattaya. This lane connects to the backdoor of Index Living Mall.

It's not your usual StarBucks, Coffee World or Amazons. The cafes are pretty unique in design, and it seems like it aspires to be the Coffee Alley of Pattaya.

Unfortunately, it's too far from where I stay. It's also not convenient for baht bus lovers to travel to Central Pattaya near Harbor Mall. If they start a Coffee Alley in Jomtien, I think it will be popular with Farangs.
The place you mentioned is call “welcome town”, not to be confused with “Soi Town in Town” which is just the next soi. Think this Welcome Town hard to survive. Tenants come and go.
If want big screen around jontiem, Baek Kan Din@jomtien second road (my regular jim joom steamboat place) but only Thai channels and probably nescafe only. Beer and whisky confirm have.

แบกะดิน
Pattaya City, Bang Lamung District, Chon Buri 20150
https://goo.gl/maps/ctjVEsrfxcM2

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The Farang man's shirt very nice, machiam DAKS brand. Somehow when AMDK wear it, the "feel" is so different from Chinese.

May I caution anyone who visit Thailand about the brands DAKS and Lacoste. You may notice they are relatively cheaper than if you buy in Singapore or rather anywhere else. Please note that Thailand DAKS and Lacoste are different from the other countries and the material is inferior. It's made and sold in Thailand under license. The shops do carry some originals from UK and France and you will immediately notice the prices are much higher. Touch them and you can immediately tell the difference. Not worth I must say if go these I'd rather go for Giodano.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
May I caution anyone who visit Thailand about the brands DAKS and Lacoste. You may notice they are relatively cheaper than if you buy in Singapore or rather anywhere else. Please note that Thailand DAKS and Lacoste are different from the other countries and the material is inferior. It's made and sold in Thailand under license. The shops do carry some originals from UK and France and you will immediately notice the prices are much higher. Touch them and you can immediately tell the difference. Not worth I must say if go these I'd rather go for Giodano.
Sibei high Ses, wear DAKS. Lol :biggrin:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many openair joints now offer world cup promotion, 3 big bottle chang or leo only 199 baht. Since first day of world cup, everyday drink about 7-9 bottles. 1 match drink average 2-3 bottles , 3 matches a night is 6-9 bottles. Zhabor no drink beer, drink barcardi breezer and cocktail. Plus food and snacks, knn, one night easily 1000 baht gone. Knn, at this rate, come in one also not enough to cover go out one.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
The material used is still pretty good compared to brands like Hazard, Pierre Cardin and Cheq. The DAKS polo shirt is 3,000 baht. It's not cheap too.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many openair joints now offer world cup promotion, 3 big bottle chang or leo only 199 baht. Since first day of world cup, everyday drink about 7-9 bottles. 1 match drink average 2-3 bottles , 3 matches a night is 6-9 bottles. Zhabor no drink beer, drink barcardi breezer and cocktail. Plus food and snacks, knn, one night easily 1000 baht gone. Knn, at this rate, come in one also not enough to cover go out one.
Take pictures lah.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Siao boh?tai loop? Think me really P Yai here, arh with all soi 9 matas. Oredi got warning before hand liaoz, if kenna world cup case, cannot “tow” by normal contact. Have to find own lawyer to settle.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Three *fastest means of communication* :

1) Tele phone
2) Tele vision
3) *Tell a woman*

Still need *faster communication* ??

*Tell her NOT to Tell anyone* !!
That is *5G*

The radius of *Wifi* is limited. But radius of *Wife-Eye* is *unlimited*