• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Moo Ka Ta delivery. For 400B, they come to your house, along with meat, vegetables, soup stock and free bottle of Coke.

photo2_zps915f184b.jpg

photo1_zpsd30cda55.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Today out of the blue I was being called

• a person who buys friendship,
  • need companionship
  • a pimp
  • have to be nice to people because I’m afraid they will expose me
  • that I give away freebies
  • dogs feeder
  • Mother Theresa
  • shameless to be buying friendship
  • low class
  • that I need to go flowerpod to discuss about juicing
  • showing expensive wine

What is the problem here? So may I ask Leongsam the owner of the forum what can I or should I post and what should I not post? For all of you who had met me before do I always pay for meals? Just last weekend we had an expensive meal and one of you paid for it now me.

By the way has anyone here who had met me in Bangkok ever go Poseidon with me? Own up its ok. Since when a forummer here had done that?

When have I ever been afraid of being exposed that I have to be nice to people?

And just because of me I wish to apologise to all my friends who had been called dogs.

About posting expensive wine – all the wine I posted here are less than $100 because I don’t normally drink wine that is more than $100. Is $100 wine expensive for Singaporeans?

So discussing about health and juicing is it not allowed in Sammyboy and got to go to Flowerpod? What is this?

I am not going to be drawn into posting in those two threads. Let the posts there speak for itself. Let me continue to post here.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hibiki 17 sells for around 8000yen in Japan. Suntory also makes the Hibiki 12 and 21. Nikka also makes whisky

Went to a supermarket in Thonglor this afternoon and surprised that Hibiki 17 is sold in supermarket here.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

• need companionship
  • a pimp
  • dogs feeder
  • Mother Theresa
  • low class
  • showing expensive wine

What is the problem here? So may I ask Leongsam the owner of the forum what can I or should I post and what should I not post? For all of you who had met me before do I always pay for meals? Just last weekend we had an expensive meal and one of you paid for it now me.

By the way has anyone here who had met me in Bangkok ever go Poseidon with me? Own up its ok. Since when a forummer here had done that?

And just because of me I wish to apologise to all my friends who had been called dogs.

About posting expensive wine – all the wine I posted here are less than $100 because I don’t normally drink wine that is more than $100. Is $100 wine expensive for Singaporeans?

I am not going to be drawn into posting in those two threads. Let the posts there speak for itself. Let me continue to post here.

何必為爛鳥人說的爛鳥話生氣?

不必當他一回事,他跟本就是眼紅你的成就。

你的存在讓這個論談更有人性化。

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pii joetys ,

When I visit City of Angels , please bring me to Poseidon to select a few angels :biggrin:
Can call me a loser but I always believe in paying ( don't wanna owe people ) and no karma also
:p

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

• need companionship
  • a pimp
  • dogs feeder
  • Mother Theresa
  • low class
  • showing expensive wine

So discussing about health and juicing is it not allowed in Sammyboy and got to go to Flowerpod? What is this?

Bro, don't let that close minded, close hearted person affects you. The best thing that has happened to me is your introduction of juicing here. Now my health improves tremendously because of juicing, much more than my current good health status from the meatless diet that i have. Thank you.

You are only displaying the traits of a successful person in which an unsuccessful person do not understand and do not have. Successful traits like good networking and having the character to develop successful networking for all and everyone benefits from it.

Last edited:

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Just be yourself and know what an embittered person is, Joe, unhappy, hate everybody and obnoxious to the Nth degree. He will set his sights on anyone and this time it is you for no reason except your popularity and apparent success. Remember jw5, erection, myself included, alamaking, ramseth and many many others since Delphi days. He has made some clones of late and there are his supporters too to ensure his survival in this forum. As others pointed out, just ignore him and not participate in his threads nor engage him in any way and I suggest to all members to do the same.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hey I thought I was the holder of that title. I guess I'll have to try harder.

What title, most obnoxious? No, you can be obnoxious at times, and neither are you an embittered and vicious person. You, however, had an agenda initially I would dare to say which has mellowed overtime after so many years overseeing this forum. No doubt many have been turned off and not a few left the forum because of you. Those who are thick-skinned and impervious will continue as members.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mon's slice of thai (political) mango. Thought this was quite a self-look (and balanced) piece on what afflicts the colored divide on democracy :p

Let’s admit this is not democracy
Bangkok Post Published: 13/07/2014 at 12:32 AM

For decades we have been telling ourselves we are a democracy. We tell our people that elections mean we are a democracy. This is hammered home repeatedly. Consequently, we tell the world we are a democracy. But in reality, we are not. We have never been. We want it, but we don’t have it.

Since 1932, we have gone through the same repetitive process of governments being elected and then toppled, charters ripped up and rewritten. It wasn’t about democracy. It was about traditional vested interests.

As we developed economically from the 1980s, demands for a greater say in how we are governed emerged and intensified. The traditional elite, the bureaucracy, politicians and business had to listen. And the only time where there was a determined effort to let the people have their say was in the drafting of the 1997 charter. But that’s as far as it went.

Enter Thaksin Shinawatra and Thai Rak Thai. He made promises to the voters and delivered. And with successive populist policies he endeared himself to voters who repeatedly supported him, no matter how many times he had to change the name of his party and despite the 2006 coup that ousted him. Love him or hate him, the fact is rural Thailand has discovered their voice; that their vote counts.

But make no mistake, Thaksin is no democrat. Like other politicians and parties he used patronage — deeply ingrained in virtually all segments of Thai society — to his advantage. He ran Thailand like a company and took cronyism to a higher level than those before him.

His party’s steadfast adherence to majority rule, completely ignoring the voices of the minority, clearly illustrates the lack of understanding of the democratic process. But Thaksin is not solely to blame for the recent protracted political impasses that prompted the coup.

Over the past decade the Democrats failed dismally to reform themselves as an alternative to Thaksin. After 2010, Pheu Thai and the Democrats played politics of the extreme, virtually pushing the middle to choose sides and further aggravating the political divide.

The Democrats were right to oppose the amnesty bill. But Suthep Thaugsuban strayed from the democratic path in the way and manner in which he attempted to “Restart Thailand”. Worse, the Democrat leadership, especially Abhisit Vejjajiva, failed to provide leadership in telling Mr Suthep: “No, this is not the way.” And like Pheu Thai, the Democrats took the political fight from parliament to the streets. Sadly, we have no political leadership among any of the political parties.
So where do we go from here?

Since the coup, I have heard many comments from a number of people asking whether Thais are ready for democracy and whether Thais (especially those upcountry) truly understand what it means. There have been suggestions, for example, that candidates for elected MPs should only come from the “knowledgeable and educated”. Another is that only taxpayers should be allowed to vote, or that voters should at least be given a test on what democracy means before they are allowed to vote.

These comments reinforce my view that for a start we should be honest with ourselves and admit that we are not yet a democracy. Let’s admit that we will never have a democracy like countries in the West. There’s nothing wrong with that since our history, our culture and our traditions are different.

Can we admit that we are still finding our way towards a form of democratic governance that allows the people, stakeholders, each political group and vested interests to have their space and be involved in the running of the country?

Even if it means adopting, for example, a system where all senators are appointed and seats allocated to the military and bureaucracy in which places are filled by rotation, then so be it. This does not mean that a fully appointed Senate should supersede the elected representatives of the people. This idea may run counter to the democratic principle of elected senators, but past experience has shown that the bureaucracy and the military have and will play a role in governance.
Let’s be honest — is this democratic? No, it is not. But unless we find a political structure that allows all stakeholders their space and say in governance, we will once again be back to where we were before.

Pichai Chuensuksawadi is Editor-in-Chief of Post Publishing, contact him at [email protected]

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

• need companionship
  • a pimp
  • dogs feeder
  • Mother Theresa
  • low class
  • showing expensive wine

Brother, remember fluff, nut and my beauty.

They bark when they feel neglected.

They will eventually stop.

Last edited: