• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
i now realised i love no. 2 more. i am business partner with no. 1. i will give up my business interest here. no big deal, i originally came here with nothing. :smile:

Go with your heart bro. Life is too short to be living your life for someone else. Make yourself happy first. Chok dee na.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Tonight dinner at Suang Grenvil Seafood Restaurant

[video=youtube;RVvG0POnQUU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVvG0POnQUU[/video]

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal

The explosion occurred at a roadside stall at the mouth of Ramkhamhaeng Soi 43/1, at 8.50pm. Seven people, including passers-by, were injured.

This is a little scary. As you know, I frequent Ram a fair bit - the Major cinema there between the Mall and the BigC is where I go a lot, especially when it is half-price Wednesdays.
Very local area - very few tourists (thanchart nor farang come her). Soi 43 is a little beyond the perimeter of where I jalan jalan but I've certainly walked there before, trying to either get to the stadium or suan nak suek sa, or eat Burmese food (the only place in BKK with good concentration of Burmese restaurants)

Like all of you, I follow bad luck when I come to Bangkok: the tsunami I was there, coup '91 and coup 2006 I was there, redshirt fighting in Ratchaprasong I was there, the time the bang fai rocket set my GF's father's cockfighting barn on fire I was there, the time the Burmese Wa army fighting in Mae Sai (mortar attack!) I was there.

The only time I not there but should have been was when the mae baan stole 5000Baht from my room at the Millennium Hilton

I might have dodged a bullet on my bad luck. Next Bangkok stay I was going to reserve this swank hotel when I somehow found out my ex-GF was staying there at the same time. Don't know how I found out (FB? email warning?) but luck was definitely on my side when I kancheong changed to a different hotel. Otherwise, there will be scenes of chickens fighting in the elevator.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
. . . . . . . Like all of you, I follow bad luck when I come to Bangkok: the tsunami I was there, coup '91 and coup 2006 I was there, redshirt fighting in Ratchaprasong I was there, the time the bang fai rocket set my GF's father's cockfighting barn on fire I was there, the time the Burmese Wa army fighting in Mae Sai (mortar attack!) I was there. . . . .

Waaaaa your life is so exciting bro many sinkies will pay big money for it I am sure

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like the bros mentioned you can try the AEON ATMs....no B150 charge.
Another way is to go to bank counter withdraw in person....no charge but this way there's slight difference (lower) in exchange rate.
Also you can use oub sg card to withdraw from oub ATMs there.

Not all atms B20k per transactions btw....some banks ATMs dispense 25k....AEON Atms dispense 40k per transaction.

Yes I found that out today this morning thanks to the posts by bros here but still too late when I wanted to withdraw 25k and didn't know some ATMs allowed more if not I would not have chosen Siam bank.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Here are the close ups of the food

Kangkong from Bali, really different very fragrant and crunchy

Grilled giant prawns with herbs

Black pepper Crab

Mussels

Steamed Groupa

Grilled Seabass

Last edited:

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Waaaaa your life is so exciting bro many sinkies will pay big money for it I am sure

I left out Santika - I was there too, outside not inside but saw the flames burning. Later found out my hotel was the base for Singapore journalists from dunno what wanbao.
All want to ask me, "got see or not", I siamed instead. Why talk to reporters when they don't compensate me for my time :biggrin:

Less exciting things that I see involve Nana girls raging on their dates in front of the JW Marriott. Nana and JW are relatively close to each other. There was a long stretch I was staying at JW for work - a month - so every night I'd go down to the lobby to smoke outside late late night. Without fail, you'd see girls chasing farang into the hotel or kicking farang out of the hotel. I cannot help but laughing seeing farang big body hide behind small Thai guard, telling him to protect me from this mad woman.

Nobody will pay money for this lah. Bros want to pay money when got lot of down-blous or upskirts happen to me. Guys heads can think only pussy not danger.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Nobody will pay money for this lah. Bros want to pay money when got lot of down-blous or upskirts happen to me. Guys heads can think only pussy not danger.

Joking u know however our lives outside Sinkieland is sometimes almost unbeliable and to the envy of many I'm sure.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro roti you machiam witness to modern thai history..........i followed your timeline.......lucky i managed to find one significant event that i was present that was not listed by you..........leave one incident for me to write about.......

I joined the protesters outside singapore embassy....burn effigies of pap scums........song ah! though protest was technically against thaksin.......the lure of fucking Leegime was too tempting......felt so liberating man....

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
bro roti you machiam witness to modern thai history..........i followed your timeline.......lucky i managed to find one significant event that i was present that was not listed by you..........leave one incident for me to write about.......

I joined the protesters outside singapore embassy....burn effigies of pap scums........song ah! though protest was technically against thaksin.......the lure of fucking Leegime was too tempting......felt so liberating man....

For me I was with the red shirts in front of Lap Sip Et (11th Calvary) almost a 100,000 of them. We were having a great party there. Me wearing a cowboy hat with a red ribbon around the hat reading คิดถึงทักษิณ, was very closed to a spiritual experience I must say.

Tamdeedaidee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Left Bangkok a day b4 Yellows took over Swampy coz friend heard "wind sound" so advised me leave earlier. On hindsight should have juz stayed and enjoy free hotel stay courtesy of Thai government. Next was Red vs Army... juz finished shopping for groceries at Big C when firsted noticed no traffic on road. Shops were also closing early... when reach home realized it was first day of curfew. Strange times seeing a once bustling city so quiet at night.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I left out Santika - I was there too, outside not inside but saw the flames burning. Later found out my hotel was the base for Singapore journalists from dunno what wanbao.
Santika holds out some unfortunate memory of 2 sinkie acquaintances who perished (RIP). I'd left Phuket just a day before the tsunami (to Bangers), and all hell broke loose on my mobile after. I barely escaped the yellow airport ambush, and on arrival to Changi to be met by local tv crew (CNA or C5?). Even if I'd acceded to comment, probably left on cutting floor on news.
.. found out my ex-GF was staying there at the same time. Don't know how I found out (FB? email warning?) but luck was definitely on my side when I kancheong changed to a different hotel. Otherwise, there will be scenes of chickens fighting in the elevator
Close call, else living dangerously :p

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yet another slice of the thai mango :wink:

Sit comfortably with new loo laws

loo.jpg

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/health/352319/are-you-sitting-comfortably

Capital controls on mighty baht?

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/352281/government-seeks-capital-flow-crackdown

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/news/352227/

panzer

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a little scary. As you know, I frequent Ram a fair bit - the Major cinema there between the Mall and the BigC is where I go a lot, especially when it is half-price Wednesdays.
Very local area - very few tourists (thanchart nor farang come her). Soi 43 is a little beyond the perimeter of where I jalan jalan but I've certainly walked there before, trying to either get to the stadium or suan nak suek sa, or eat Burmese food (the only place in BKK with good concentration of Burmese restaurants)

Like all of you, I follow bad luck when I come to Bangkok: the tsunami I was there, coup '91 and coup 2006 I was there, redshirt fighting in Ratchaprasong I was there, the time the bang fai rocket set my GF's father's cockfighting barn on fire I was there, the time the Burmese Wa army fighting in Mae Sai (mortar attack!) I was there.

The only time I not there but should have been was when the mae baan stole 5000Baht from my room at the Millennium Hilton

I might have dodged a bullet on my bad luck. Next Bangkok stay I was going to reserve this swank hotel when I somehow found out my ex-GF was staying there at the same time. Don't know how I found out (FB? email warning?) but luck was definitely on my side when I kancheong changed to a different hotel. Otherwise, there will be scenes of chickens fighting in the elevator.

Pii rotikosong

Sometimes it's all fated... Live one day at a time and carpe diem, "seize the day!".

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i remember the time i first move to BKK.. there was the olympic relay which passes through bangkok yaowarat.

these are the photos i took at that time:

i chase after the torch and took this pic

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
feeling much better now. took a stroll at the beach and had few cans of chang beer.

jomtien beach

even the dogs are enjoying life.

i like the color of the sea.

another one.

ang mohs tcss here.

no fireworks. sign in russian too.

this beach chair operators pay about 200K per year rental. but very good biz. bao jia one. hard to find people who want to let go.

walked along this foot path and return to my shop. cannot remember when was the last time i walked that far. must be about 2-3 km.

beach volleyball

night market here. day time close.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pii chon

Pattaya tar lae suak mak

Pattaya beach looks quite nice...

Next time bpai tieaw muang tai ja bpai Pattaya khrap
hi panzer, actually this is jomtien beach which is about 15 mins drive from pattaya if no traffic jam. moved from patt. south to jomtien about 6 months ago. yes, jomtien is a nice place to be in.

not sure how long will i be around as i no longer involve in any of my businesses. but i am sure if you come before july, i will still be around.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Another good and cheap seafood dinner

Chili crab
null-149.jpg

Barkar fish
null-151.jpg

Barkar prawns
null-152.jpg

Barkar sotong
null-150.jpg