• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Tamdeedaidee

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes johnny, really crowded since the floodings. its low season but everywhere seems to be traffic jam. good for businesses but no good for residents. if u prefer quieter location, jomtiem is highly recommended.
Same here in Sinkiepor! Only where can we go for "quiter" locations? Iskandar? LOL

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Diesel pump price this morning

null-47.jpg

I think it's not much cheaper than Singapore. Pumped this amount 10mins ago for my Isuzu truck on the way to airport.

JWNY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand ? Feasible?

BANGKOK, May 11 - A smart card and barcode system is to be introduced by the end of this year at Suvarnabhumi Airport to facilitate processing at immigration for Thai citizens.

Board chairman of Airports of Thailand (AoT) Plc Sita Divari said today that he had discussed with Immigration Bureau and Foreign Affairs Ministry on the use of such technology which is to replace passport use.

He said with a smart card, it will take a Thai passenger less than 10 seconds at the immigration checkpoint. He added that the use of immigration documents for departure and arrival will also be phased out, which would help save printing cost of the documents at around Bt20-30 million/year.

Sita said the number of passengers expected to reach over 50 million this year, where Suvarnabhumi Airport's maximum capacity supports only 45 million passengers per year. However, passenger circulation is currently manageable.

In the long run, AoT has a plan to expand the airport in its second phase under a budget of Bt65 billion. The progress in now in the design stage, which will take about 10 months. Construction will begin next March and finish by 2016. (MCOT online news)

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
got to know this family of 6 at the dongtan beach when taking a stroll there last evening. the family sat together on the straw mats with simple food and drinks. not the beach chair type cos' the beach chair type need to pay.

before i left, the father refused to accept my contributions as the son went to 7-11 to buy another bottle of hong thong whisky, ice and soda and redbull and also some food. the father told me they are there every saturday and invited me to join them next saturday afternoon.

what's wrong here? they might not be rich but they are very very happy. and yet, i am so unhappy for the past few weeks over a zha bor. was so jealous of the family last night that i downed another bottle of sang som at my own shop.

anyway, feel much better now. think i should learn from this family. don't worry and be happy.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
bro, have a pleasant trip.

Thanks buddy. Now in High Speed Rail HSR from Taipei's Taoyuan Station to Kaohsiung's Zuoying. Will take me about 1hr 39mins. Used to have daily direct flights between Kaohsiung and Bangkok by TG but a few years ago stopped. However China Air not long ago started to operate this direct flight buy not daily as I heard. Anyway I need the flexibility so no choice got to do it this way.

Here's how Taiwan's HSR look like

[

The interior - just normal
null-50.jpg

The ticket
null-49.jpg

the business class ticket has larger seats and they kept serving you coffee, tea, and cake.

It's almost a ritual now for me to buy a MOS Burger and bring on board to eat anyway its lunch time. Packaging is really cute
null-48.jpg

Woke up since 4.30am to catch my 7.10am flight this morning I'm very sleepy now kept nodding off while typing this.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Looks like agriculture still plays a big part in Taiwanese lives and its economy. Along the way in the HSR from north to south one sees endless farmland.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Today lucky, had a room with a nice view of Kaohsiung from the 36th floor, directly looking at Kaohsiung Harbour

[video=youtube;t7lsfAYalGQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7lsfAYalGQ[/video]

keiizumi

Alfrescian
Loyal
got to know this family of 6 at the dongtan beach when taking a stroll there last evening. the family sat together on the straw mats with simple food and drinks. not the beach chair type cos' the beach chair type need to pay.

before i left, the father refused to accept my contributions as the son went to 7-11 to buy another bottle of hong thong whisky, ice and soda and redbull and also some food. the father told me they are there every saturday and invited me to join them next saturday afternoon.

what's wrong here? they might not be rich but they are very very happy. and yet, i am so unhappy for the past few weeks over a zha bor. was so jealous of the family last night that i downed another bottle of sang som at my own shop.

anyway, feel much better now. think i should learn from this family. don't worry and be happy.

Yes. Don't worry be happy!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

why not go travel , maybe to taiwan and meet some taiwanese girls.. or malaysia to meet some malaysian chinese girls.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why not go travel , maybe to taiwan and meet some taiwanese girls.. or malaysia to meet some malaysian chinese girls.
tony, no more girls for me. now already very very headache. but i will still be travelling to the north and northeast. intend to spend 3 months there. to see if i can expand my current biz in those places.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
tony, no more girls for me. now already very very headache. but i will still be travelling to the north and northeast. intend to spend 3 months there. to see if i can expand my current biz in those places.

Good luck for that and wish you all the best.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Back to hotel at hotel's lobby listening to Taiwan songs Hokkien and Mandarin with my friend mr. Martell. Nice, relax.

null-51.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Back to hotel at hotel's lobby listening to Taiwan songs Hokkien and Mandarin with my friend mr. Martell. Nice, relax.

null-51.jpg

your friend name is call blue belt.:smile: hehehe. what is the latest hokkien song? must very sad type one. to go with blue belt.