• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Tamdeedaidee

Alfrescian
Loyal
JuZ back to Sinkieland. Great meeting Bros ChonburiFC and YY. Bro Chonburi u glaab baan nok leaw mai? Mai dtong kid mak naa... Bro YY fantastic bottle of Macallan. Scotch as it should be. Thank u both again for wonderful dinner & company.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
On my way back to Bangkok. Stopped by a popular pork soup stall in middle Pattaya. It's very similar to our tee-huang-giam-chye.

null-31.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Almost have heart attack after today's lunch at the bank of Chaophraya river.

Squid in lime sauce

Prawns with Thai herbs

Sliced catfish with Thai herbs

Asparagus with River Prawns Claws

River Prawns with I think its brain juice (I think cholesterol is damn high)

Another

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
knn chon, me next month coming patt and now u say u want to move out??!!

sai la, go nagnual never wait for me.. i got 5% discount card leh..
still around till end june, then i will get out. so pm me if you come before end june. :smile:

now, need to settle some mess which i created. after that, will travel to a few provinces in the north and northeast but will stay at each place for a longer period.

if i don't do it now, might not be able to do so in the future. might as well just do it now. also if able to learn a few things on fruit/vege farming, that will be a bonus.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm sure the topic of banks must have come up somewhere :smile:

Any recommendations on which of the Thai bank or bank(s) to open an account with:confused:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
any of the local banks are ok except bangkok bank which i dont have an account. all banks atm can be used interchangeably at other banks atm. take note there is a fee if you withdraw from other banks atm. if u travel to other provinces, u need to pay a small fee even using yoir own bank atm.

unless u are doing business in los, one bank is enough. my personal preference is scb and tfb.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
any of the local banks are ok except bangkok bank which i dont have an account. all banks atm can be used interchangeably at other banks atm. take note there is a fee if you withdraw from other banks atm. if u travel to other provinces, u need to pay a small fee even using yoir own bank atm.

unless u are doing business in los, one bank is enough. my personal preference is scb and tfb.

I was actually looking at Bangkok Bank because they seem to be the largest & I assume they also have the largest ATM network in LOS.
There's also a branch in Spore.

The biggest problem with this bank is that if one can't read thai it's not so convenient.:(

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was actually looking at Bangkok Bank because they seem to be the largest & I assume they also have the largest ATM network in LOS.
There's also a branch in Spore.

The biggest problem with this bank is that if one can't read thai it's not so convenient.:(
bbl do not have the largest atm network. 20 years ago, maybe
now its either scb or kasikorn. none of my twenty over local and foreign staff are using bbl, u shud know how popular it is.

Tamdeedaidee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I opened with Kasikorn and they seem to be everywhere! No probs finding a K Bank ATM anywhere. K Bank's has an English menu option after u key in your pin. Like Bro ChonFC mentioned there will be extra charges involved if u withdraw money even from your own bank if its in another province. Like my K Bank a/c opened in Bangkok but they charge me BHT15 if I withdraw in Patts. Not sure if its the same or different charges depending on which province u are in. Bangkok Bank may have a branch in Sinkiepor but I think "not related".
Like I have a Sinkiepor UOB a/c here but Thai UOB treat me as foreign bank so charge me same.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...now its either scb or kasikorn. none of my twenty over local and foreign staff are using bbl, u shud know how popular it is.

...there will be extra charges involved if u withdraw money even from your own bank if its in another province. Like my K Bank a/c opened in Bangkok but they charge me BHT15 if I withdraw in Patts. .....

Was going to open an account however now I will wait until I've had a chance to visited Chiangmai which I've heard many good things about.
Initially I was looking at Bkk or Pattaya but I've noticed that Pattaya is pretty crowded now. I've seen jams on Beach Rd, 2nd Rd & the surrounding Rds. It's also pretty hot even though the sea is only next door.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was going to open an account however now I will wait until I've had a chance to visited Chiangmai which I've heard many good things about.
Initially I was looking at Bkk or Pattaya but I've noticed that Pattaya is pretty crowded now. I've seen jams on Beach Rd, 2nd Rd & the surrounding Rds. It's also pretty hot even though the sea is only next door.
yes johnny, really crowded since the floodings. its low season but everywhere seems to be traffic jam. good for businesses but no good for residents.

if u prefer quieter location, jomtiem is highly recommended.