• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Slice of big mango today

Just got mine this morning, nicely sitting my office desk. A bloody 1 month wait, got a staff who asked her sister in states to send 6 Furbys to office. In Huay Khwang on street side it's going for 5,000-7,000 each take it or leave it. Heard official price in malls are less than 3,000 but no stock can queue for long long time. Mine is a white one will power it up tonight and download the app into my iphone to feed Furby.

AD3225C5-68D1-4ED2-8BC2-42BA772B40AC-16966-0000047CB5B8DD71.jpg
You old gay.....

iamfree

Alfrescian
Loyal
groovy73,
I visited CM twice in the past 3 years and love the place!

I stayed at Takham Village which is just outside the old town. I think the rate is about $30/night. Check it out at Agoda. Clean and it come with brakfast in a nice courtyard.

Why don't you try visiting the nearby area around CM? Sunrise at the mountain? Border town like Mae Sai or Chiang Kong? Elephant camp etc.

sorry cannot write more. Limit of 500 chars.

ypres

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand ? Feasible?

been weeks since i went to my old office. think last time went there is brought one bro go jalan jalan. nothong change much. neighbothood still the same. neighbors thought i balek kampong.

Pi Chonburic I just realised that you pm me two mails on visa matters. Khop khun mak krap. When is a good time to visit you? Khun wang mai? Sarwadee krap.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey nigger, why you always asking about class and race questions ah?

This piqued my curiousity nothing more nothing less. Mind you that question borders on class system and if i need to actually feel guilty or ashamed in asking such a question even though such a system exists that would be terrible.

You can read up on sakdina to get an idea.
I've posted on the sakdina system previously and relationships with the amart in Thai society.
Let me try to dig it up.

He is SBF resident race chauvinist....
Always mistaken as a racist....but it's a fine thin line

Nope it isn't a fine thin line. Btw who exactly isn't a race chauvinist? Ask a thai and he will most likely say thailand is number 1 and thais are good. Ask a malay and he will say the same about malays.

No no no that's far from being a racist. I have to differentiate and showcase how come there is a double standard like somehow chinese people are the only ones penalized for being proud of their race or at least expressing some interest with it. The other ppl see the younger generation being made to feel guilty of being chinese and being ashamed of their culture and they exploit it so you will see some chinese ppl acting like dogs among their malay,indian, ang moh friends like literally kissing their ass or how it is somehow ok to only positively stereotype one race and it's racist if you negatively stereotype them just like how andyfisher was trolling me after i debunked the myth that malays are the toughest cunts.

You see how willingly someone like television would positively stereotype malays but yet cry out racism when it was a negative one but yet both stereotypes whether positive or negative are false yet somehow is willing to promote one stereotype over the other cos it makes his ppl look in a good light and how fast someone like andy who is most likely his clone would want to quarrel with me when i disagreed.

I'm racially aware about this and know how these types of ppl think while there are many chinese people that are unaware of it like somehow some minorities think the majority owes them a debt and how some chinese ppl are just so willing to bend over and take it in the ass. How some minorities know that some chinese see them in a positive light (cos it's racist to see otherwise :rolleyes:) and use that to be condescending to them while these chinese ppl still continue to kiss their ass.

ZenRyder

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Bros,
another personal favorite Thai slow rock song to share.
I must confess that I don't know what's the meaning of the song, but I just enjoy and have not get bored listening to it.
The song is by Bird Thonchai & Sek Loso, the song title is Naan Tow Rai Gaw Raw (Will still be waiting for you) I hope the translation is right. Khorp Khun krub na.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sbFOtfpcsHM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The only bird and sek loso song i like and know is om pradd ma something.
om pra ma pood. means even quote buddha name also no believe.

Hello Bros,
I must confess that I don't know what's the meaning of the song, but I just enjoy and have not get bored listening to it.
The song is by Bird Thonchai & Sek Loso, the song title is Naan Tow Rai Gaw Raw (Will still be waiting for you) I hope the translation is right. Khorp Khun krub na.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sbFOtfpcsHM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
this one means 'no matter how long also wait'

just dropping by as i busy with internal affairs. think more less settle liapz. thanks to bro joetys for calling, dun worry, i promise will not hoot my cook. :smile:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Dinner alone after work. At Huay Khwang roadside market off the infamous Ratchada Road. Felt having teochew style porridge so ordered 4 freshly prepared to go with porridge.

Khai Jiao Moo Saab (omelette minced pork)
DEB851DE-2E9B-4F96-95F3-2AD135D1CF36-27167-000004EF4497A24A.jpg

Yam Pla Kapong (literally fish in can yam - it's actually sardine with lots of Thai herbs)
21B4AAD5-5C8B-4B7B-ACEA-AC4EF416B6FC-27167-000004F2CC815D36.jpg

Bean sprouts with egg tofu and minced meat
9C9A9E21-D492-4B6A-8F50-C8BC1CA459C4-27167-000004F307A43C73.jpg

Vege fried with deep fried pork
E9DFF7DE-95BF-4F23-A2B6-98B16B80848C-27167-000004F263C48C23.jpg

the spread
7D2C4763-3672-4980-9AD3-E089CD3E0926-27167-000004EFE9F069B3.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hehehe. after weeks of intensive training, i must say i can cook yhe dishes above but a little slow on the yam. yam is something i am still weak. trust me, look easy but not easy. the ingredient/sauces combinations most difficult.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
guys, if you wonder where i runroad last few days, me busy creating a good batter for fish fingers and chips and fish and chips. fish fingers pass liaoz accordind to my england staffs. fish and chips batter still cmi. :(

heres a pic of my fish fingers and chips.

20130304_162417_zpsb32a3c40.jpg

and luckily one of my england staff guide me to do the proper england tartar sauce.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro, sorry to say this but the fingers don't look right leh.

bobian lah. cannot find right size of fish in market lah. either very big or very small. no fish prawn also good. just try first lah. sell first, then say. :smile:

ZenRyder

Alfrescian
Loyal
om pra ma pood. means even quote buddha name also no believe.

this one means 'no matter how long also wait'

Pi Chon, thank you for the correction.

Pi Jah, Om Pra Ma Pood is also one of my all time favorite by Bird-Sek.
I'm glad to know that you enjoy listening to some Thai songs too.

Allow me to share one more favorite from Bird-Sek , titled Som Sarn.
Hope you like this one as well na.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wAFf3sEGqbw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
guys, if you wonder where i runroad last few days, me busy creating a good batter for fish fingers and chips and fish and chips. fish fingers pass liaoz accordind to my england staffs. fish and chips batter still cmi. :(.

Pi Chon, since yr tartar okey then I'll input on the batter.

1). Sieve flour first.
2). Mix cold beer with flour. ( yes, beer. Don't drink most of the beer).
3). Don't beat the hell out of the flour (use fork to blend flour into the beer, will be lumpy but okey).

Fish
1). Use fish with a more solid texture - UK uses cod. Sinkie uses Dory (so called - actually Vietnamese catfish)
2). Rinse the fish first.
3). Pat dry with kitchen towel.
4). Dust both sides with flour.
5). Can either egg wash it or direct dunk into batter.

Important thing!! Oil temp must be enuff. Then fry till crispy, sprinkle salt and malt vinegar.

Collect money. :biggrin:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2uApOypvnZI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Follow this.....

Batter is very important when doing fish and chips. Ingredients for the batter are salt, beer/soda water, and baking soda. Beer or soda will make the batter fluffy, thus when fried will have crunchiness in it.

Never put an egg into the batter, it will harden the batter, if you want, just use the white egg, not the egg yolk.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello Bros,
this is rehashed classic from bird. Bird Sek album was a collaboration where both sang each others song....wonder if bro yy got inspiration from the album cover.
Many good songs in the album another is Korb jai jing jing (another bird classic).

The only bird and sek loso song i like and know is om pradd ma something.
Like Pii Chon mentioned, this is the practice whereby Thais put Buddha amulet in mouth to make an oath.....towards end of song there's this line 'om wat maa pood' literally means putting entire temple into mouth....I know coz sao sao always use this line on me :biggrin:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is rehashed classic from bird. Bird Sek album was a collaboration where both sang each others song....wonder if bro yy got inspiration from the album cover.
Many good songs in the album another is Korb jai jing jing (another bird classic).
Only inspiration's from puying singers, with my ignorance on thai music (I enjoy thai pop, melodies but little or no clue on lyrics :o) :p. Favourably biased towards milf Mai, Jennnifer Kim and exotic Prik Thai.

As for Loso, I met his brother (forgot his name laew) plying his trade in Tawandeng Raminthra years back. Had a wet evening with puying singer, and her mini entourage including a dark comedian singer (apt nick mot dum or black ant). Loso's brother was grateful for sharing the JW black, and he gave me his personally signed off CD (mostly luk tung music). Exact looks as his sibling, with hair locks then.

Also recall Loso did a vid duet with Bird on that reknown Sabai2. Bird's also popular with taiwan (maybe Japan too) chabor fans?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Like Pii Chon mentioned, this is the practice whereby Thais put Buddha amulet in mouth to make an oath.....towards end of song there's this line 'om wat maa pood' literally means putting entire temple into mouth....I know coz sao sao always use this line on me :biggrin:

so the whole point of the song is that people still tell lies despite the fact that they swear in the name of buddha like literally putting a buddha amulet into their mouths not to lie hence the song means that ppl still tell lies to their lovers even though they swear not to do so in the name of their religion? I put in the lover bit cos most thai songs mostly focus on love.