• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sawadeekarp !

Today is 冬至.
Hope everyone spend some time with family members and close friends.
It is also considered a reunion
:smile:

panzer

Alfrescian
Loyal
What more need a man ask for every morning - a nice pickup truck, Thai country music, the freeway and maybe a ciggie between his fingers . . . . . . . . this is life

Bro joetys

Didn't know there's Thai country music?! :-)

The roads look very good.

panzer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Chonburific

Your new office quite nice. Bigger than mine...haha.... My office can only put 2 chairs in front of my desk.
Khun Chonburific borisat suay mak, ao suay sao/puying thi gao yi?
(loose translation of my thai: bro chonburific, office very nice, want pretty girl on chair)
Sawatdee khrap

Last edited:

Fusoh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Very nice indeed.... would u recommend one bro? I need someone like like that to motivate me,hahaha. Anyway in pattaya now,phone no credit,so fast,jst one day. Need to top up,will be calling chonburi.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very nice indeed.... would u recommend one bro? I need someone like like that to motivate me,hahaha. Anyway in pattaya now,phone no credit,so fast,jst one day. Need to top up,will be calling chonburi.
Hehehe. You come at the right time. I need help to move things. Poot Len La (joking lah).

Which hotel?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro Chonburific

Your new office quite nice. Bigger than mine...haha.... My office can only put 2 chairs in front of my desk.
Khun Chonburific borisat suay mak, ao suay sao/puying thi gao yi?
(loose translation of my thai: bro chonburific, office very nice, want pretty girl on chair)
Sawatdee khrap
Sawatsdee.

Hehehe. For me, most important thing I expect from my staff is results. Pretty or handsome, is secondary. Used to vomit blood when I hired one pretty one. KNN, in the end, I better do the job myself.

panzer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sawadeekarp !

Today is 冬至.
Hope everyone spend some time with family members and close friends.
It is also considered a reunion
:smile:

bro spotter542

Noticed that your signature is Thai for 542?

Any tips for learning how to read Thai? :-) Am trying to find the best way to read short of going over to LOS and finding a long-haired walking dictionary.....555555

khorp khun khrap
sawatdee khrap

Last edited:

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro spotter542

Noticed that your signature is Thai for 542?

Any tips for learning how to read Thai? :-) Am trying to find the best way to read short of going over to LOS and finding a long-haired walking dictionary.....555555

khorp khun khrap
sawatdee khrap

Karp.
I believe Kampong Glam CC ( opposite Golden Mile Complex ) has got native Thai teaching speech and writing lessons.

Chok dee !

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CCs, Golden Mile, NUS Extension, Inlingua.......there are plenty of avenues to learn thai here.
But end of the day these are preparatory in nature only........
Want to pick up still must immense and practice in LOS.

Karp.
I believe Kampong Glam CC ( opposite Golden Mile Complex ) has got native Thai teaching speech and writing lessons.

Chok dee !

panzer

Alfrescian
Loyal
CCs, Golden Mile, NUS Extension, Inlingua.......there are plenty of avenues to learn thai here.
But end of the day these are preparatory in nature only........
Want to pick up still must immense and practice in LOS.

Bro Narong

Thanks, yes agree. Nothing beats immersion. :-)

My plan to settle in LOS is still in the future, so now doing the prep work whilst in SG.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
paiseh to bro fusoh for missing the lunch as i kena stuck in new shop. as usual, 15 mins is actually 50 mins. :*:

contractor did turn up but 1.5 hrs.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
flooring work at old office finally completed. swee mai?

20121221_173659.jpg

20121221_172908.jpg

but need to go back new shop now cos' appointment with carpenter at 7pm. kns, today overwork and underpay again, have not take lunch.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro Narong

Thanks, yes agree. Nothing beats immersion. :-)

My plan to settle in LOS is still in the future, so now doing the prep work whilst in SG.

hehehe. imho, best way to learn the language is to be here. what you learn in school or text book does not cover the local slangs and phrases. slangs and phrases are very popular here among the locals. benefits of speaking slang is they will treat u as kaki lang and not khon tang chat(foreigner). buy things or getting things done also easier.

paiseh to say, my formal thai no good, but the real thai street/market language, me 'yiam' or 'jeng' (formal is geng for good).

just my 2baht.