• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hehehe. moving house again liaoz. signed contract for new shop and will try to move before new year. current apartment still got 5 months contract. most likely let one of my staff stay for free till contract ends. but need to buy lots of deodoriser to clear the cigarette smell.:p

some of you might already know. i also intend to take over another shop in p. north but pae jia is 300k per year and monthly rental is thb 80k. pae jia is known as key money. also known as 白吃. a little to heavy on me and partner cash flow so we decide to kiv till feb 2013.

new shop got monk chant and bless? lion dance? :p

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hehehe. moving house again liaoz. signed contract for new shop and will try to move before new year. current apartment still got 5 months contract. most likely let one of my staff stay for free till contract ends. but need to buy lots of deodoriser to clear the cigarette smell.:p

some of you might already know. i also intend to take over another shop in p. north but pae jia is 300k per year and monthly rental is thb 80k. pae jia is known as key money. also known as 白吃. a little to heavy on me and partner cash flow so we decide to kiv till feb 2013.

It is very very difficult to eliminate the smell of cigarettes and tobacco from the house, walls and wood.

Fusoh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
joetys,i will be here for 5 nites infact,leaving on x'mas eve(mon) afternoon flight,will be in in pattaya either tmr or fri for 2 nites,then back to bkk for another nite,been LOS 10times,every time almost every meal big feast in restaurant,now i wanna try all the authentic local food,like u and chonburifc always do,old already,must be careful of diet.joetys,too bad u not around but its ok,i will be back in a few months time,hope to stay for good,cant wait man,so sick of sinkyland liao,politically,affordability and .......haiz,mai kong toh tio la!

donkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMG_1076[1].jpg

Suzuki Cup : Red(Singapore) vs Blue(Thailand)

I support Thailand....5555

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hehehe. at fren place but fren not around but fren sister around. :smile:
went to dinner with a prc couple. they have been my client for almost 2 year liaoz. bought me a carton of shuangxi and bottle of maotai but we finish the mao tai on the spot. here's the shuangxi.

20121219_202338.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hehehe. now outside buffalo bar inside my car with hokkien song loud loud. beng enough? must let sao sao know i arrive. but i still inside car cos' heart want to go opposite bar. :smile:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Last time there was 2 years ago....see if i can find the photos to post.....at my age i cannot tahan the long winding trip.......next time go must take helicopter.

On Narong and the rest of you here. Give you a feel on the journey between Chiang Mai and Pai.

Direct distance is 86km, buy actual on the road is 133km. From Chiang Mai to Pai the first about 35km is normal roads, thereafter it going up the mountains then down for almost 100km. It took me about 5 hours and thats because stopped twice a total of 1.5hrs so if drive without stop should take 3.5hrs. But then there are many beautiful stops worth to take a nice rest. Here's the video.

[video=youtube;7v8pcBEWChM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v8pcBEWChM[/video]

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
You may not know but Thailand does have a baby geyser. Found it along my way back to Chiang Mai today at I thinbk kilometer 75

[video=youtube;DPRnruRXM1w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPRnruRXM1w[/video]

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Morning to all. Too excited to ZZzz further as will be collecting keys of new shop today and start moving my things from apartment to new shop. Will need to apply for various permits. Will post pics of the the items I bought over. Not sure if they are of any use and maybe will do a lelong sale for items I don't need. Thinking of setting up a planted tank aquarium too. :smile:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wow, bro chonburific work hard and play hard :-)

Have a good rest bro!

Hehehe. Have to get to work liaoz. I relax 'Nam Nua' for a long long time liaoz. Think good thing about new biz is at least now I will have no time to go out find love. :p

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyway, the sao sao I was talking about in earlier post is from Ubon. Suay mak mak and only 23. Offered her a job at my new shop but she considering cos' new shop is quite far from where she is staying now.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Suay mak mak and only 23. ... but she considering cos' new shop is quite far from where she is staying now.
relax 'Nam Nua' for a long long time liaoz. Think good thing about new biz is at least now I will have no time to go out find love.
So wai lun.. and compliment you on good HR/hiring policy. :p

Good to know you biting into new venture ..keep you out of trouble hehehe :wink: