• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Fusoh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Joetys, u and chonburifc always post this kinda seductive food,i see already beh tahan liao,u 2 very sinful,too bad i very junior here,if not i angry i up u......:0 but its ok,will compensate with mak mak beer. Hows the weather like in thailand now? any diff for bkk and pattaya? will be there in 2 weeks time,already book tkt but havent find hotel yet.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Joetys, u and chonburifc always post this kinda seductive food,i see already beh tahan liao,u 2 very sinful,too bad i very junior here,if not i angry i up u......:0 but its ok,will compensate with mak mak beer. Hows the weather like in thailand now? any diff for bkk and pattaya? will be there in 2 weeks time,already book tkt but havent find hotel yet.
Hehehe. Weather is slightly cool in the morning and evening in Pattaya. Hot as usual in the afternoon. BKK should be same same.

For hotels, can try IBIS if you prefer staying in North Pattaya.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehehe. Weather is slightly cool in the morning and evening in Pattaya. Hot as usual in the afternoon. BKK should be same same.

For hotels, can try IBIS if you prefer staying in North Pattaya.

How cool is cool?

Two weeks ago, Toronto was about minus 12C with windchill,
but on Dec 3, it was a record high of 15C.

Today, Dec 8, the high was about 4C with showers, and when I went to St Lawrence Market to buy fresh salmon and bread before lunch, I wore corduroy pants, a t shirt, shirt, and a light cotton jacket.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How cool is cool?

Two weeks ago, Toronto was about minus 12C with windchill,
but on Dec 3, it was a record high of 15C.

Today, Dec 8, the high was about 4C with showers, and when I went to St Lawrence Market to buy fresh salmon and bread before lunch, I wore corduroy pants, a t shirt, shirt, and a light cotton jacket.
Hehehe. around 24-25 in the morning. Anything less than 20 will have problems with knees/joints. :(

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehehe. around 24-25 in the morning. Anything less than 20 will have problems with knees/joints. :(

24 to 25C will be hot for me in Toronto, even in June.

I prefer a day time high of 20 to 23C, and overnight low of 15C,
which makes it comfortable to wear a suit to work, and cool and comfortable to sleep in the evening without air conditioning.
For the weekend, a high of 25C and sunny is sufficient for swimming or water sports / activities.

When it is close to 30C during the heat wave in the summer, it is too hot, which is the reason that I find SG weather very hot, humid and uncomfortable.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I went to ROC for Ex Starlight in Feb mid 1970's, up in the mountains, it was a cool 10C, and I only had one pullover, whereas my fellow OCT's were wearing 2 wool pullovers.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when not feeling well in sinking land, will have mee tai mak soup. here hard to find so settle for kuay tiow soup.

20121209_071411.jpg
I miss fishball soup in BKK, my fav :biggrin:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tonight friend birthday and jio me go to the bar we went that night. my throat still pain but have to go cos' boss of bar also eyeing friend.

think i already leading by sime distance liaoz. but if don't go, mund end up trailing.:(

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Another street food dinner. Most Singaporeans will know this place, just beside Emerald Hotel, Hway Kwang night market. This stall is probably the same one Alamaking likes its fresh oysters.

Lets start with the Somtam with fresh raw flower crab
null-181.jpg

This is a whole crab, see the raw meat at the bottom?

null-184.jpg

The stall

null-182.jpg

Had 2 plates of this vege fried with garlic and sio-bak

null-183.jpg

Pak Ka-chat

null-185.jpg

Sea Bass filling it up with lime herb soup

null-186.jpg

Its a huge Sea Bass about 1.1kg

Together with 3 bottles of Singha beer - 855baht ($34) - Cheap, Good, Clean, Delicious, nice environment what more can I ask?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another street food dinner. Most Singaporeans will know this place, just beside Emerald Hotel, Hway Kwang night market. This stall is probably the same one Alamaking likes its fresh oysters.

Together with 3 bottles of Singha beer - 855baht ($34) - Cheap, Good, Clean, Delicious, nice environment what more can I ask?

That is a very reasonable price for the delicious food plus 3 bottles of beer.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You won't miss Seoul -15C then. Family jewels frozen :p Gimme LOS anytime (in less 3 weeks)

View from hotel window 0730.
Guess we are getting old liaoz. Was in the north weeks ago. Day time OK, night time quite terok. But think it's more due to my hong sip.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rheumatism?

If the temperature is minus 15C or lower, I wear my down filled parka and sheep skin hat.
Hehehe. You are really fit. I do have lots of Russian clients and after spending years in LOS, they have a problem going back to Russia during the winter.

Funny thing is I can adjust really well during the first few days, after that, I will feel uncomfortable, first one to hit me will be my lips and ears.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehehe. You are really fit. I do have lots of Russian clients and after spending years in LOS, they have a problem going back to Russia during the winter.

Funny thing is I can adjust really well during the first few days, after that, I will feel uncomfortable, first one to hit me will be my lips and ears.

When I studied in the us and first experienced the minus zero temp my lungs hurt. The cold air was hurting my lungs man. I remember my thighs and hands had dried skin cos I didn't wear my gloves and long johns my Friend asked me if I got into a fight.