• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: A slice of big mango

northern adventure funds is originally intended for the clothing store. Now clothing store not going to happen so use the money to take a long break.
Wah, got this cash flow strategy ..abort investment, then go meditate up in mountains:p

Your heart got many rooms (as 1 puying once told me)

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wah, got this cash flow strategy ..abort investment, then go meditate up in mountains:p

Your heart got many rooms (as 1 puying once told me)
Chiangmai, here i come! :smile: Collected passport and on the way to bus terminal to buy ticket. Last bus depart sin city at 7:30 pm.

Originally planned for tomorrow evening departure but friend advice not to depart on weekends. :smile:

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Chiangmai, here i come! :smile: Collected passport and on the way to bus terminal to buy ticket. Last bus depart sin city at 7:30 pm.

Originally planned for tomorrow evening departure but friend advice not to depart on weekends. :smile:

I hope it turn out to be a romantic adventure in Chiangmai :smile:

This song is for you :

陰天 傍晚 車窗外 未來有一個人在等待
向左 向右 向前看 愛要拐幾個彎才來

我遇見誰 會有怎樣的對白
我等的人 他在多遠的未來
我聽見風來自地鐵和人海
我排著隊 拿著愛的號碼牌

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tHizEjsc_6k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Have fun bro!

stevefranken617

blabla.gif

We moved from the Philippines to Singapore about four years ago. Since we’ve been here, we’ve moved apartments twice, picked up some new sports, started Chinese lessons, paid taxes online, filed for Permanent Residence, and figured out which supermarkets are best for online delivery (a lifesaver when you don’t have a car!).

This site is written by people who’ve moved from another country and are now living in Singapore. Whether you’re moving on your own or arriving on a corporate expat package – learn from our discoveries, mistakes, and the tips we’ve received from those who arrived ahead of us.

Getting ready to make the big leap? Check out our tips for moving to Singapore – what to do before you arrive. Check out the cost of living in Singapore, and find out how to see if you’re eligible for an employment pass. If you’re wondering what Singapore is like, read our impressions of Life in Singapore or check out stories from expat bloggers.
If you’ve just arrived, read our tips for moving to Singapore – what to do after you arrive – or take a look at our advice on house hunting and property guides. Then see Getting Around for tips on public transport, taxis, and driving in Singapore.

Living in Singapore, 11th Edition Reference Guide.
(Kindle Edition).
Published by the American Association of Singapore.

Visiting or just starting to get your bearings? See Getting Around for tips on navigating the bus and train systems, and how to make sense of all the different kinds of taxi surcharges.
Look at the Things to Do page for ideas on classes, sports, arts and culture. And then explore the quick weekend breaks you can take, to destinations within a couple of hours’ travel time from Singapore by plane, bus, train and ferry.
Hungry? Take a look at the Food page for recommendations on eating out. If you’re homesick for familiar flavors, try the International Food page for a list of restaurants serving various countries’ cuisines.
If you’re already living in Singapore, you might want to check out the Practicalities page, which has tips for day-to-day living. Read about food, shopping, taxes, and how to register for free wi-fi.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Stevefranken, is this a commercial break for induction to red dot? :confused: Pls get your bearings right, wrong thread too.

Husasa, what's with your way belated reply on critical mass thingy?. If you haven't noticed, this has since become a sticky by bossy.

And being your virgin post at that (both)

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

A great, relaxing 2hrs head to toe massage in Chiangmai on a lazy afternoon ...for a princely thb590.

Lanna style ambience in north

ddbb007e.jpg

fb2afea7.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

8 pm lights off liaoz. My last singha beer and ciggie before i Zzzz.
No dtac or ais signal in house. Nearest gsm signal can get is outside the house where i am sitting now.

Nice cool evening and starry night but too bad, going to bed soon. Paiseh to let friend family wait for me cos' will be locking the main door soon.

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thailand has turned to protecting merchants in Patpong and MBK.:wink:

Passengers to get fake-goods warning
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Airline passengers flying into Thailand will soon receive on-board warnings against bringing counterfeit products into the Kingdom, otherwise they risk being fined and seeing their goods confiscated.

The move is part of a serious crackdown on counterfeit and pirated goods.

Commercial airlines will be required to warn their passengers that carrying counterfeit products into the Kingdom is a violation of Thai copyright law and subject to punishment.

The Commerce Ministry’s Intellectual Property Department, in cooperation with the Transport Ministry's Civil Aviation Department, will impose the requirement on commercial airlines.

Pajchima Tanasanti, director-general of the Intellectual Property Department, said yesterday that the ban would cover products that violate intellectual property rights.

The department will also ask the Customs Department and the Information and Communications Technology Ministry to amend concerned laws for better suppression of fake products.

The ICT Ministry will also focus more on blocking websites that sell fake or pirated products.

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's coming again !

DDPM: Flash floods to hit most of Thailand on Sep 2-5

BANGKOK, 31 August 2012 (NNT) - The Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation (DDPM) has issued a warning for residents in the North, Northeast, East and central region to brace for flash floods, forest runoffs and heavy rain during September 2-5.

DDPM chief Wiboon Sanguanpong said widespread heavy rains and scattered thunder showers across most of the country could trigger flash floods, wild floods and mudslides.

Residents living near hillsides and waterways are advised to closely follow the weather forecasts and alerts as well as to be prepared to evacuate as soon as the floods hit.

Mr Wiboon said the department is coordinating with local DDPM offices nationwide in preparing rescue and emergency gear as well as closely monitoring the situation.

Flood victims are urged to contact their local DDPM office or to call their 1784 hotline for further assistance.

-- NNT 2012-08-31

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

So its tomorrow to Wednesday. Good, if it really happens at least I don't feel stupid buying that pickup truck for flood purpose.

It's coming again !

DDPM: Flash floods to hit most of Thailand on Sep 2-5

BANGKOK, 31 August 2012 (NNT) - The Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation (DDPM) has issued a warning for residents in the North, Northeast, East and central region to brace for flash floods, forest runoffs and heavy rain during September 2-5.

DDPM chief Wiboon Sanguanpong said widespread heavy rains and scattered thunder showers across most of the country could trigger flash floods, wild floods and mudslides.

Residents living near hillsides and waterways are advised to closely follow the weather forecasts and alerts as well as to be prepared to evacuate as soon as the floods hit.

Mr Wiboon said the department is coordinating with local DDPM offices nationwide in preparing rescue and emergency gear as well as closely monitoring the situation.

Flood victims are urged to contact their local DDPM office or to call their 1784 hotline for further assistance.

-- NNT 2012-08-31

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal

So its tomorrow to Wednesday. Good, if it really happens at least I don't feel stupid buying that pickup truck for flood purpose.

You're funny. If I spend money to see a doctor, I'd be very happy if doctor says I'm not sick. :smile:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Just came back from nearest town(about 30 mins). Sit behind the pickup with friend cos' not enough space in the front. Hehehehe. Very romantic sia. :smile:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

YY, paiseh, will be going east into chiangrai instead of south (cnx) cos' friend long time no see granny liao.

I will rent a pickup next time and come down from mountain. Having my last can of singha before lights off. Have a pleasant journey.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Hey guys I discovered a nice wine place near my place called Viti

D47E2042-5469-454C-8745-F2EF0557DC97-1921-000001F1B6F9E570.jpg

BB644060-11AA-46D8-8A3A-BFE8BAB10803-1921-000001F1BF33E407.jpg

Look at all the wine

2E415BB9-0A74-430D-9F9F-0FA5C996E9C1-1921-000001F1C8B901C5.jpg

Where they stored the more exclusive wine

B4F10667-9E86-4D0D-AC7E-32E783DD3D1B-1921-000001F08C158522.jpg

My wine for the night

F4CC1067-5605-49F1-94A9-D9104E89ADA8-1921-000001F094FAEFC1.jpg

Escargot on peeled tomatoes

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

paiseh, will be going east into chiangrai instead of south (cnx) cos' friend long time no see granny liao. I will rent a pickup next time and come down from mountain. Having my last can of singha before lights off..
No worries, mate. Stayed 1st time in Nimmanhaemin area, with many coffee bars and cafes (near Chiangmai university with many sao saos). Went to Monkey Pub, very Zoukish with 'in crowd'.

And here's a night shot of 1 place you guys will be interested in :p Notice bad spell. Sorry poor lighting, no flash on iPad

4cb3193e.jpg

Famous Doi Suthep, up in mountain

ecce2be5.jpg

Overlooking city, but overcast with mist so not clear shot

dd863f3a.jpg

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
7C10AB8D-819C-4F13-8E9A-7926119704B9-685-000000C26577DFAA.jpg

I the above Indinesian restaurant now near my condo. Food damn shiok man

69333CED-40DE-4EF6-9F96-DE0204A2AEB5-1921-0000024891F70647.jpg