• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Re: A slice of big mango

Confirm. Not only DTAC E service, 3G also down.

Service just restored about an hour ago. Can try again.

Side track a little, China Mobile here very good. In Beijing Airport back to Bkk at 9.15pm.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Side track a little, China Mobile here very good. In Beijing Airport back to Bkk at 9.15pm.
Hehehehe. Have a pleasant journey. My northern adventure will start on 1st september after i renew my visa on 31st this month.

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal

MP urges Thai women: Marry a farang for an easier life
By Coconuts Bangkok on 28.08.2012 at 5:28 pm

A Thai MP has gotten into hot water over his controversial suggestion for poor Thai women who want an easy life: “find a farang husband.”

Pheu Thai MP Sunai Julphongsathorn’s words caused a barrage of complaints on Thai web forums after a clip of his comments (embedded below) surfaced on YouTube recently.

The 12-minute video was apparently shot on August 19 at a seminar at a school in Samut Prakan.

Sunai tells the audience of around 1,000 red shirts to find a farang husband for an easy life “because European governments give you everything for free.”

Sunai went on: “Get a German husband. Get a Swedish husband. Get a Norwegian husband. People used to love [Thailand] unreservedly. But the more they loved the country, the poorer they got. The more they loved the country, the stupider they got.”

“All you need is a farang husband and their government will pay you to study,” he said.

Even more controversially, he then implied that the best way to study a foreign language was by sleeping with a foreigner.

“Sitting studying is too slow. Lie down to study, then go to the hospital. They will pay you to have the baby… It’s all free, right up to the shitty diapers.”

Many web users were furious at Sunai’s comments. They said they were highly inappropriate coming from an MP, particularly one in the Pheu Thai Party whose prime minister, Yingluck Shinawatra, had become the first woman to administer the country.

Sunai later told reporters that he had never meant to insult Thai women. He just wanted to show Thais how far behind their welfare state was when compared with European countries.

He said he had been saying such things for some time and it was because he wanted Thailand to have a welfare system that was the equal of those in other countries, where education and maternity services are free.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I'm surprised that he was actually insulting thai women for asking them to marry a farang when most of them actually do that to escape poverty. The thai woman marrying or dating a foreigner is so commonplace that it's really nothing.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Are you ang moh or not?

If not never mind lah you can pretend to be thai.

This really insults ang moh men cos it shows that thai ladies marry them not cos of love.
Jah, honestly speaking, my thinking more or less Thai liaoz. There is this girl that I like but rejected me cos' me already have gf liaoz. I even offer to open a clothing store for her but she die die also don't want. How? Me heartbroken lah. No one has ever rejected me like this. And because of this girl, I will be going for a long holiday in the North.

No choice, need to forget. However, it's nice to be heartbroken. Make me feel young once again.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Jah, honestly speaking, my thinking more or less Thai liaoz. There is this girl that I like but rejected me cos' me already have gf liaoz. I even offer to open a clothing store for her but she die die also don't want. How? Me heartbroken lah. No one has ever rejected me like this. And because of this girl, I will be going for a long holiday in the North.

No choice, need to forget. However, it's nice to be heartbroken. Make me feel young once again.

What? She has gf liao? So she's a lesbian? Why not you try and dress like a girl maybe can win her.

Anyway i just find it laughable that they find that insulting to thai women. I mean if thai women don't want ot marry or date ang moh what can they do? It's weird that he's condemned for speaking the truth.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What? She has gf liao? So she's a lesbian? Why not you try and dress like a girl maybe can win her.

Anyway i just find it laughable that they find that insulting to thai women. I mean if thai women don't want ot marry or date ang moh what can they do? It's weird that he's condemned for speaking the truth.
I have gf liaoz

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

I also looking for sponsor to open clothing store leh pii

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Jah Jah Jah read properly la. Con said the girl rejected him because she knows he already have girlfriend liao la. Alamak!

ok lah i admit i read wrongly cos i didn't see the word "me" i admit it ok.

Anyway after your great wall of china walk what else will you be doing?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

I'm back in my bedroom now chatting with AK and donkey. Thursday go Jakarta for 2 weeks.

ok lah i admit i read wrongly cos i didn't see the word "me" i admit it ok.

Anyway after your great wall of china walk what else will you be doing?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I also looking for sponsor to open clothing store leh pii
Pai Seh lah, cannot sponsor cos' the northern adventure funds is originally intended for the clothing store. Now clothing store not going to happen so use the money to take a long break.

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal

JHow? Me heartbroken lah. No one has ever rejected me like this. And because of this girl, I will be going for a long holiday in the North.

Dedicated to ... a soul in Pattaya

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cNARz-8jVfg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Dedicated to ... a soul in Pattaya
Hehehe. Thanks. You know me well. Have been listening to Jacky's song last few weeks. This one is favorite. Another 2 favorite is "Heart Broken till no line" and "This life only want to follow you go" and "One thousand heart broken reasons".

Very cham now. :(

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hehehe. Thanks. You know me well. Have been listening to Jacky's song last few weeks. This one is favorite. Another 2 favorite is "Heart Broken till no line" and "This life only want to follow you go" and "One thousand heart broken reasons".

Very cham now. :(

I wish I could translate the lyrics to Thai:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7m3vf1RI6dY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I wish I could translate the lyrics to Thai:
Thanks. This one I dedicated to myself and all the heart broken.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V3xoxCAgqpQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>