• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Update on travel between Pattaya and Sriracha.

I tried both - driving and by bus. Driving is straightforward and it's straight all the way from Sukhumvit. You just need to be careful NOT to turn into motorway, and don't trust the lady's voice in Google Map. You will see Robinsons on your left, and you cannot miss it, just as you will not miss Tukcom on your right. I would say the most visible landmark you will see on your right is Laemtong Serviced Apartments which is the tall building behind Tukcom.

To travel by bus, you need to flag a white minivan at Outlet Mall, under the bridge near Tesco along Sukhumvit. Coming back is easier. The white minivans are right in front of Robinsons, but you need to cross the road to get those travelling to Pattaya. The fare is 40 baht. The ones in front of Robinsons will bring you to Ekkamai station in Bangkok for 120 baht. No luggage, or you will have to pay for extra seat to accommodate your luggage.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sriracha is a breath of fresh air compared to Pattaya. I think where ever the Japanese congregate they enhance the neighborhood with their orderly presence and somewhat "hiso" ambience. The downside is property prices are more expensive, and that applies to the hotel accommodation as well.

I have yet to venture into the seaside but I think I will try the much touted Moom Aroi of Siracha the next time when I visit Sriracha again. For first timers, I suggest you stay at one of the Pacific Park properties - they have regular hotel, service apartments and budget rooms housed in separate buildings. Pacific Park properties are just next to Robinsons.

Last edited:

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
A friend/client brought me here during my recent trip. According to her, it's for the ambience, and not so much the food. I wish to recommend this place to Froggy if he has not already been there:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
A friend/client brought me here during my recent trip. According to her, it's for the ambience, and not so much the food. I wish to recommend this place to Froggy if he has not already been there:

Been there years ago and yes not for the food

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Patts T21 to open
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30354796
131EEC7A-910B-4F5C-BECC-A5AF4393D241.jpeg

JustLikeThis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Faster immigration clearance for your Thai wife, gf and mistresses

Faster immigration clearance for Thais arriving in Singapore
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...pore-automated-immigration-clearance-10739344

Starting next Monday (Sep 24), Thai passport holders aged six and above who have visited Singapore at least twice in the past two years can apply to use the automated clearance facilities at Singapore checkpoints, the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) announced on Thursday. The Frequent Traveller Programme allows eligible travellers to clear immigration via automated clearance facilities, also known as the enhanced immigration automated clearance system or eIACS. Enrolment is voluntary and free.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
On Monday night I cooked my own dinner before leaving for the Suvarnabhumi Airport for Munich

EeZCo04.jpg

Lor bak
79XS5U1.jpg

Thai kangkong with sambal chili and hay-bee
VjddLA0.jpg

Steamed deep sea pomfret with soya sauce
9qV5UM3.jpg

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
On Monday night I cooked my own dinner before leaving for the Suvarnabhumi Airport for Munich

EeZCo04.jpg

Lor bak
79XS5U1.jpg

Thai kangkong with sambal chili and hay-bee
VjddLA0.jpg

Steamed deep sea pomfret with soya sauce
9qV5UM3.jpg
Home cook food looks and tastes a million times better than high ses food :smile: