• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
cbb653772eeb39b9a4f2d5297c04371e.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Motorway 7 having problems with the tolls due to poor design especially going into Pattaya from Sri Racha, Laem, Bang Saen and Chonburi. Also read going towards Rayong also having problems with road congestion. Me no go out of Pattaya so cannot verify how bad the problem is but a mata big dog came out to explain and escalate the problem, means quite serious. Matas usually dont get involve in motorway and tolls unless so bad until affect the areas they in charge.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Weather update. BKK next few days 11-15 Jan lowest temp will be 18 degree. Huat arh!

Pattaya today also very cool. Nice day to go out jalan jalan.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just now say today good weather to go jalan jalan. KNNBCCB, mata also good weather to catch motorsai.

KNN, die die also cannot cham seong. Cheong Kong my license ask me go soi 9 settle fine then come back to collect license.
Went there almost immediately and take queue number 69 (really)Luckily I went there immediately, cos about 15 minutes after I got my queue, have about 20 over people came after that. Recognise some of them were caught same time as me.the queue was 52. Went to eat kuay tiow.

this is the summon aka Bai Sang

400 baht for making a left turn without waiting green light.

Most common offense is pillon never wear helmet.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
@chonburifc this red light left turn thing in Thailand still baffles me. Sometimes can sometimes cannot also sometimes have sign sometimes no signs. Worst for me even have sign I cannot read.

So you got your license back?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By the way, dont be afraid of siam lor mata. As long as you did not commit any serious offense or take drugs, or got very drunk, go ahead and take down the mata particulars. What i usually does is cham seong first, if cham seong cannot work, just let him issue the summon. And also take a photo of him with the full name.

For minor traffic offenses, other than drunk driving, you can have up to seven days to pay the fine. After that, quite troublesome as they consolidate all outstanding summons into JangWat (province) administration. And will enter into the national database. Paying the fine after that will be more troublesome and probably a penalty for late payment plus administrative fee.

For drunk driving, its a seizable offence if fail the blow detector. Means they will make arrest on the spot and impound your vehicle if you are the only driver in the car.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
@chonburifc this red light left turn thing in Thailand still baffles me. Sometimes can sometimes cannot also sometimes have sign sometimes no signs. Worst for me even have sign I cannot read.

Yeah got back already. Have sign but usually everyone turn left at red.
Just that someday enforce someday dont enforce. Today good weather, not hot so they enforce.

Actually my fault, as I approach red traffic light, i saw if go straight have mata, so kek kiang turn left lor. Alamak, turn already buay hu liaoz. Uncle and auntie also kenna. Uncle kenna same as me plus auntie pillon no wear helmet.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

KNN, go read Thai highway code properly. The Thai highway code makes exceptions for Lexus. As for Zoomer X, sorry lor.:wink:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
DIY Khao Tom Kung (prawn rice soup)
(Cheat a little as I used the fish soup broth from a famous Khao Tom Pla shop. Requested for extra soup when I tabao khao tom the last time and freeze the broth).

Remember the prawns I bought 2 weeks ago and stored using the method taught by the fish stall owner at Naklua seafood market? Yes, it works! Prawns still as fresh as day 1. My only little mistake is I did not defrost a little bit more before cooking the prawns. And also didnt add fried flat fish. Else this prawn rice soup can easily sell in sinkieland food court at sgd 4 to 5 a bowl.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yakuza fugitive 74 year old grandpa arrested in lopburi. Wanted for murder case in jitpoon 16 years ago.

notice the missing little finger and traces of tattoo removal.

Think no choice have to go back jit poon to spend his remaining years in prison. If linpeh, rather die here than go back.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Allow me to explain what this cartoon is about for those who blur sotong about what this is about.

Just few days ago, when pm prayut was about to face questions from reporters, suddenly he ask his runner to bring out a lifesize cardboard poster of himself and told the reporters got any question “ask him”, pointing to the cardboard poster and conveniently walk away. Obviously, he is having troubles answering questions about branded watches as he only know seiko.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..400 baht for making a left turn without waiting green light..
Consolation is yours -20% cheaper than mine 2 months back, for knocking over the (strategically placed) cone with my legitimate turning right. In the day, saw it was 'back' in original position kns:rolleyes: