• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand ? Feasible?

Hello everyone, this is my first post in this thread....may I ask if there are many Singaporeans here who are retired in Thailand? How do you guys do it?

So far not encountered any retiree that I know of in this thread

They all started from a MP in Ratchada.

Sorry, what is MP and Ratchada?

I think he meant massage parlour, not sure though.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

So far not encountered any retiree that I know of in this thread

I think he meant massage parlour, not sure though.

So are there Singaporeans here who live in Thailand? Do they work in Thailand?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hello everyone, this is my first post in this thread....may I ask if there are many Singaporeans here who are retired in Thailand? How do you guys do it?

You have to be at least 50 years old & can show that you have an 800,000 baht each year to qualify for a retirement visa.
A cheaper way is to live there as a student studying the thai language & as a student age is not a barrier.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Speak for yourself.....I got my start in an agogo bar.....:cool:
They all started from a MP in Ratchada.
Can be very well be for innocuous (or less sinister) reasons :p. Like business, work-related and even relationships (not necessarily with floozies). Any sampling of local delights, be it night life or soapies is only incidental :wink:

Believe there are sinkie ninjas (even lurking here) who have probably made their "base" in LOS

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Can be very well be for innocuous (or less sinister) reasons :p. Like business, work-related and even relationships (not necessarily with floozies). Any sampling of local delights, be it night life or soapies is only incidental :wink:

Believe there are sinkie ninjas (even lurking here) who have probably made their "base" in LOS

If memory serves me right.....
Esteem bro YY got his start in the legendary Thermae.
Your analogy post on the famous institution....drawing parallels with the star war film franchise......is etched vividly in my mind.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

...his start in the legendary Thermae. Your analogy post on the famous institution....drawing parallels with the star war film franchise......is etched vividly in my mind.
Oi, Sarong Narong .. there's such a thing called privileged info :p. Yo, Star Wars Cantina with strange characters (you might kena likes of Chewbacca etc) :eek:

Thought you were part of furniture at Claudia at H Kwang? :biggrin:

LOS is more than sleaze (as we all know). Above board and "legit" reasons for visiting, or staying.
For farangs, a 2 week holiday can become extended stay (like years):wink:

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Oi, Sarong Narong .. there's such a thing called privileged info :p. Yo, Star Wars Cantina with strange characters (you might kena likes of Chewbacca etc) :eek:

Thought you were part of furniture at Claudia at H Kwang? :biggrin:

LOS is more than sleaze (as we all know). Above board and "legit" reasons for visiting, or staying.
For farangs, a 2 week holiday can become extended stay (like years):wink:

I'm humbled you took notice of my ramblings.
Yes the homeground used to be at Claudia's....usually after dinner at somboon next door.
My bachelor pad is just a hop away diagonally one street across.....
Wanted to move into the nearer and more hiso rhythm condo directly opposite Claudia.....I practically saw that development being built the ground up from the top deck VIP room of claudia's but alas man proposes but God disposes.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I'm humbled you took notice of my ramblings.
Yes the homeground used to be at Claudia's....usually after dinner at somboon next door.
My bachelor pad is just a hop away diagonally one street across.....
Wanted to move into the nearer and more hiso rhythm condo directly opposite Claudia.....I practically saw that development being built the ground up from the top deck VIP room of claudia's but alas man proposes but God disposes.

https://www.google.com.sg/maps/plac...1!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0xb6a322863132c7aa

It's just next to hway khwang night market and the phra pikanet statue. I been to that place a few times and i didn't notice claudia or the somboon restaurant.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

...next to hway khwang night market ...been to that place a few times and i didn't notice claudia or the somboon restaurant.
Ah Jah, you are excused for missing out on Somboon's but not Claudia :p. Claudia's a kinda G-club, with GROs all dressed in nines. And lined up even on staircase, parade for your eyeballing. Not too bad live music, but unkind to your wallet.

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thaksin sends photo book to Thailand foreign press corps

c1_826224_160114141122_620x413.jpg

Former premier Thaksin Shinawatra sent his self-published "Life & Times" photo book to foreign media in Thailand this week. This copy was received by Agence France-Presse's Bangkok correspondent Jerome Taylor, who tweeted the picture. (Photo by Jerome Taylor / AFP)

Fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra sent a photo book to foreign media in the country on Wednesday, expressing his hope of ending his exile abroad and returning to Thailand.

A thousand copies of the 279-page Life & Times hardcover book were published in December in Thailand, detailing his private life and career in photographs, speeches and memoirs and highlighting some of the successes of the five years he spent in office before being ousted by a military coup in 2006.

"Thaksin intentionally published and delivered the commemorative photo book to foreign media as New Year's gift. The special memoir publication is not for sale," a source close to Thaksin told Kyodo News.

The former prime minister's intended aim in sending the publication, however, is unclear. Enclosed with the book was a New Year's greeting letter signed by "Dr Thaksin Shinawatra -- 23rd Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Thailand."

Thaksin faced allegations of corruption following the coup on Sept. 19 2006, and now lives in self-imposed exile in Dubai, avoiding a jail sentence in Thailand following a conviction for abuse of power while prime minister.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thaksin sends photo book to Thailand foreign press corps

c1_826224_160114141122_620x413.jpg

Former premier Thaksin Shinawatra sent his self-published "Life & Times" photo book to foreign media in Thailand this week. This copy was received by Agence France-Presse's Bangkok correspondent Jerome Taylor, who tweeted the picture. (Photo by Jerome Taylor / AFP)

Fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra sent a photo book to foreign media in the country on Wednesday, expressing his hope of ending his exile abroad and returning to Thailand.

A thousand copies of the 279-page Life & Times hardcover book were published in December in Thailand, detailing his private life and career in photographs, speeches and memoirs and highlighting some of the successes of the five years he spent in office before being ousted by a military coup in 2006.

"Thaksin intentionally published and delivered the commemorative photo book to foreign media as New Year's gift. The special memoir publication is not for sale," a source close to Thaksin told Kyodo News.

The former prime minister's intended aim in sending the publication, however, is unclear. Enclosed with the book was a New Year's greeting letter signed by "Dr Thaksin Shinawatra -- 23rd Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Thailand."

Thaksin faced allegations of corruption following the coup on Sept. 19 2006, and now lives in self-imposed exile in Dubai, avoiding a jail sentence in Thailand following a conviction for abuse of power while prime minister.

Thaksin for President!!!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Btw any of you guys ever been to san jeung? ?????????????????

https://goo.gl/maps/cN7xud1armu

I been there like twice and it was like a more rowdy tanwandeng and they were playing issan type of music.

I wanted to visit on my last trip but forgot the name of the place and got it mixed up with rim beung was brought there by friends who i didn't meet this time the last 2 times.

Thank God for google map and street view i managed to find the location of the place.

example of one band performing there

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

My Gawd so many fatties!!!!! :eek:

Yes those fatties. I believe these fatties are actually from the audience and asked to go up stage to participate. Just for fun. Such Thai joints often get customers or audiences to go up stage.