• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never took off in Singapore probably due to triad image.

huh, u mean HK triad?

i tot HK triads like their hiace or L300.

anyway maybe because i like initial D, so i dont like the new car that suppose to replace the AE86. the look so different and like u said, it more a subaru than a toyota.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Camry Hybrid is out in RoC. The price starts from 1.06 million TWD = SGD44,000.

City driving @ 32.8 km/litre.

2012-Toyota-Camry-Hybrid-front-picture.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The Camry Hybrid is out in RoC. The price starts from 1.06 million TWD = SGD44,000.

2012-Toyota-Camry-Hybrid-front-picture.jpg

Toyota Thailand is also taking order for the Camry Hybrid now, delivery in March. Price similar to current ie 1.6-1.8mil. Some parts of this car is very Lexus like.

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Toyota Thailand is also taking order for the Camry Hybrid now, delivery in March. Price similar to current ie 1.6-1.8mil. Some parts of this car is very Lexus like.

Strangely in RoC, Camry Hybrid is cheaper than Prius, the latter going at 1.3 million TWD.

This Camry Hybrid will kill all its competitors, especially Honda Accord.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Strangely in RoC, Camry Hybrid is cheaper than Prius, the latter going at 1.3 million TWD.

This Camry Hybrid will kill all its competitors, especially Honda Accord.

Actually Toyota is very smart. The current Camry model is due to be change 2 years ago when new Accord was launched. Toyota released the Hybrid and this was able to extend the life of the Camry further until this year. I thought this was a master stroke. Camry Hybrid is a very popular car now in Thailand despite its high price also you see more and more Prius here too and Prius is the same cost as a Camry 2L. I mentioned this before most people's concern with hybrids is the battery life and Toyota had give a 10 years warranty for the battery so now this worry is no more.

OH shit I just saw the TV commercial in 中天新闻 -

35c874e7.jpg

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually Toyota is very smart. The current Camry model is due to be change 2 years ago when new Accord was launched. Toyota released the Hybrid and this was able to extend the life of the Camry further until this year. I thought this was a master stroke. Camry Hybrid is a very popular car now in Thailand despite its high price also you see more and more Prius here too and Prius is the same cost as a Camry 2L. I mentioned this before most people's concern with hybrids is the battery life and Toyota had give a 10 years warranty for the battery so now this worry is no more.

Yes, my last trip back to LoS, I came across many Prius on the roads. Is there any reason for the sudden surge in the number of Prius in LoS ?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Yes, my last trip back to LoS, I came across many Prius on the roads. Is there any reason for the sudden surge in the number of Prius in LoS ?

Seriously I'm not sure . . . I was very puzzled because interior is same size as Altis but cost 50% or 400k more at 1.2mil. Actually I suspect people here who buy the Prius are people who is on the high side of middle income not those normal middle management people.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously I'm not sure . . . I was very puzzled because interior is same size as Altis but cost 50% or 400k more at 1.2mil. Actually I suspect people here who buy the Prius are people who is on the high side of middle income not those normal middle management people.

Looks like RoC is "the" place to own cars. But Prius is going for $1.3 million, while Honda Insight $1.0 million. I think it'll be a good idea to get a Camry Hybrid for $1.06 million and "modify" it so that it looks like a Lexus.

You've driven both Camry and Lexus. I think you should know if there is any difference.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Looks like RoC is "the" place to own cars. But Prius is going for $1.3 million, while Honda Insight $1.0 million. I think it'll be a good idea to get a Camry Hybrid for $1.06 million and "modify" it so that it looks like a Lexus.

You've driven both Camry and Lexus. I think you should know if there is any difference.

Camry and Lexus cars? BIG BIG differences. First thing you notice is the indisputable sound insulation and the solid feel of a Lexus. Then of course the interior material is another big difference Lexus more luxurious. The transmission is also very smooth in Lexus. The the suspension is also a big difference. Actually if want to compare Camry must compare with Lexus' ES. GS is too sporty and more BMW like. My favourite drive is the GS but my aspiration is LS. Next month new GS will be launch here.

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Camry and Lexus cars? BIG BIG differences. First thing you notice is the indisputable sound insulation and the solid feel of a Lexus. Then of course the interior material is another big difference Lexus more luxurious. The transmission is also very smooth in Lexus. The the suspension is also a big difference. Actually if want to compare Camry must compare with Lexus' ES. GS is too sporty and more BMW like. My favourite drive is the GS but my aspiration is LS. Next month new GS will be launch here.

So is there a big difference between a Camry and a Lexus ES ? What about the ride ?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
So is there a big difference between a Camry and a Lexus ES ? What about the ride ?

I cann ot speak for ES cos I've never owned one, however after owning 2RXs and 1GS I can fairly say the Lexus ride is often very comfortable due to the setting on the suspension especially going over small humps at high speed is hardly noticeable. Quietness is without a doubt. GS is more fun to drive because it is sportier and able to handle corners (after one up the tyre size) effortlessly and don't feel much roll. One thing for sure Lexus cars' body built is very styurdy.

The new GS may be something very different because Lexus no long use words like quiet and comfort instead it's using words like exciting so I will expect the new car to be something like BMW. I would have gone to this GS is I did not buy the pickup (pickup is practical and for emergency like flood while GS is just something I want not need) perhaps end of the year la.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never took off in Singapore probably due to triad image.

Spotted many of them in Macau. All tinted windows.
It's a pity this car become associated with triads and Jack Neo. The Alphard is actually a very nice car. If I ever own one, I will renovate the interior to make it a mobile office with satellite receiver. Must also have a seat for 'secretary'. Also must partition the front seats from the rear seats. Aiyoh, 7 early 8 morning, I day dream liaoz.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

They should put a * (See Notes) regarding the 32.8 km/litre.
Tried and I tried. Was able to achieve 27km/litre at one point. Now, it's more like 15-18 km/litre. In order to achieve 20-30 km/litre, you need to drive so carefully, not to over accelerate and brake in advance. However, my conclusion is with a 1.8 civic, I visit the petrol station every week. For the 2.4 hybrid, it's more like 2 week once.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

35c874e7.jpg
Joe, which cable services you subscribe? The only Chinese channel I can get from the Pattaya cable TV is CCTV10 (PRC) and it's very boring.