• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Motorsai city..

b12491de.jpg

b76ec8e7.jpg

tallest building 60+ flrs, aka Lotus tower

8b6b3d1b.jpg

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Joetys, familiar with any renovation contractor in Bangkok who will not "kutoh" tangchak ?

Plan to give my condo a complete makeover. About 60 sqm.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ginfree, the multigrain refers to rice, wheat, barley,maize right? Are you Hakka?:p

Yeah something like that, include brown rice, oats, barley, etc. I added in the black soya bean. Is this related to Hakka? Me no Hakka lah. Haha btw the stewed pork, tau kwa etc is pre-cooked and given by my aunt.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nice dinner with business associate at a charming french restaurant district 1. Colonial style
c709cac6.jpg

357918c0.jpg

Smoked salmon salad starter, then 220g steak chunk done perfect medium well (not many can do it right). Sorry poor lighting

cfaff785.jpg

96a7dc85.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nice dinner with business associate at a charming french restaurant district 1. Colonial style

Smoked salmon salad starter, then 220g steak chunk done perfect medium well (not many can do it right). Sorry poor lighting
Hehehe. I like this type of setting. Very romantic! :smile:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah something like that, include brown rice, oats, barley, etc. I added in the black soya bean. Is this related to Hakka? Me no Hakka lah. Haha btw the stewed pork, tau kwa etc is pre-cooked and given by my aunt.
Hehehe. Just a guess. I might be wrong. Was searching Hakka recipes and found many ingredients used by Hakka food are other non-rice grains and beans.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK, I doubt so cos' their HQ is in Baan Chang, Rayong but I will check tomorrow. Used to did renovation works for my ex-company and my offices. Quality and delivery, no problem.

Is Baan Chang further away from BKK compared to Pattaya ?

Not sure if it's polite to ask you this. How much did they charge you for your 2nd office ? Excluding aircon.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Bro Joetys, familiar with any renovation contractor in Bangkok who will not "kutoh" tangchak ?

Plan to give my condo a complete makeover. About 60 sqm.

I am totally unfamiliar on this buddy.

This time choon choon kanna liao. Bro Jo, better give your KS supplier a call.

My supply schedule is still normal at this time, hope no major problem coming.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am totally unfamiliar on this buddy.

It's okay, bro.

I remember the first time I asked for a quotation for my kitchen cabinet, the Thai contractor recommended by my property agent offered to do it for 200,000 Thai baht. It's for a cabinet slightly bigger than the one you saw at ChFC's apartment. And when quizzed about how expensive it was compared to cabinets made in Singapore, he claimed he was offering me Black African granite. KNN, it's the usual black color granite you see anywhere. So I tell you when they know you're Tangchak, the Thais can be pretty ruthless !

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's okay, bro.

I remember the first time I asked for a quotation for my kitchen cabinet, the Thai contractor recommended by my property agent offered to do it for 200,000 Thai baht. It's for a cabinet slightly bigger than the one you saw at ChFC's apartment. And when quizzed about how expensive it was compared to cabinets made in Singapore, he claimed he was offering me Black African granite. KNN, it's the usual black color granite you see anywhere. So I tell you when they know you're Tangchak, the Thais can be pretty ruthless !

Seriously thais have been conning the likes out of foreigners and even their own kind. Their puyings do a good job of that too with the farang and so on.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hehehe. Just a guess. I might be wrong. Was searching Hakka recipes and found many ingredients used by Hakka food are other non-rice grains and beans.

Yup Hakka uses quite abit of other stuff in their cooking.

suan_pan_zi.jpg

This one with Yam.

DSC_1602.JPG

This one with pork, fish and abit of salted fish.

4007215023_76e4006c2c_o.jpg

This one is the one with nuts, veg and tea. Healthy healthy one then pls go for this.

big_tree_hakka_char_yoke.jpg

But i think this one is bestest. 1 serving can whack at least 3 bowls of rice. :biggrin: