• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
News just confirmed. Two earthquakes from Hualien, measured at 5.4 on the scale.

The worrying thing is the recent quakes were all shallow. The one I experienced just now was 10 km below the ground.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Ok. The news reported 7 consecutive earthquakes from Hualien.

Just that when the earth moves you just wonder how long it's going to last.

When I spoke to my Taiwanese partner 2 days ago like I'd said before he tried to brush it off and said these happened since they were growing up so no big deal and I guess its simply self consolation. If not how? Cannot move out of the country also. Living with it is not easy but no choice la.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I spoke to my Taiwanese partner 2 days ago like I'd said before he tried to brush it off and said these happened since they were growing up so no big deal and I guess its simply self consolation. If not how? Cannot move out of the country also. Living with it is not easy but no choice la.

It's true, especially after 921 earthquake these "small" earthquakes are no big deal. But we only know it's small after the earthquake, not during. That is the scary part !

More importantly, it's not a good feeling to have rainstorm and earthquake joining forces. The recent ones, as I have mentioned, are 淺層地震 meaning the epicenter is not far from the ground surface. A 6-degree earthquake that occurs within a depth of 5 km can move mountains.

btw, Bro do you use shoe horn ?

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
It's true, especially after 921 earthquake these "small" earthquakes are no big deal. But we only know it's small after the earthquake, not during. That is the scary part !

More importantly, it's not a good feeling to have rainstorm and earthquake joining forces. The recent ones, as I have mentioned, are 淺層地震 meaning the epicenter is not far from the ground surface. A 6-degree earthquake that occurs within a depth of 5 km can move mountains.

btw, Bro do you use shoe hom ?

Take care and be ready for anything bro. The only time I felt the earth shake was 6 years ago in Taiwan 士林夜市 just a little swaying, second time last year in Akan Lake area in Hokkaido again just gentle vibration still both times I was quite scared.

No I don't use show horn. I like to just slip into my shoes so I don't buy shoes with laces.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sawasdee krup everyone, its TGIF
Morning morning. Thanks to the salt - water solution remedy recommended by bros, think my throat is getting much better. Think also my 'use poison attack poison' method working too. Yes, drink Chang beer to counteract Sang Som.

Woke up a little late and was at a friend's pub till 2am. Got to know a Mauritius couple here to study Thai cooking. They operate a few restaurants back home and Sin City is their final leg in LOS. Saw the amazing scenery of Mauritius on their ipad and think it's a nice place to go for holiday.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehehe. A staff suggested I buy a color laser printer for the office as the inkjet printer are too slow. I have used color laser printer in my ex-company and not too impress with the printouts. Currently, we are using 3 canon-inkjets for color printing and 1 brother and 1 Fuji Xerox laser printers for B/W printing.

Any bros here knew of any good color laser printer with easily available consumables? Don't want to travel 60 km just to get a laser cartridge.

Personally, the best color printout I saw are from EPSON inkjet printers. However, speed too slow if my staff need to print 10-20 pages of color presentation materials.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Morning morning. Thanks to the salt - water solution remedy recommended by bros, think my throat is getting much better. Think also my 'use poison attack poison' method working too. Yes, drink Chang beer to counteract Sang Som.

Woke up a little late and was at a friend's pub till 2am. Got to know a Mauritius couple here to study Thai cooking. They operate a few restaurants back home and Sin City is their final leg in LOS. Saw the amazing scenery of Mauritius on their ipad and think it's a nice place to go for holiday.

I think you coma since last night, so quiet last night and so late this morning.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any bros here knew of any good color laser printer with easily available consumables? Don't want to travel 60 km just to get a laser cartridge.

Personally, the best color printout I saw are from EPSON inkjet printers. However, speed too slow if my staff need to print 10-20 pages of color presentation materials.

Once you move into laser, color or b/w, it's difficult to find "chiong" cartridges.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The quality of Epson inkjet printers is quite good. On rare occasions where you need to print colors in laser, get double A to do it for you.

Thanks KYP. Knew epson is the better one. I have a printing company for high volume print jobs.

Btw at my favorite chill out place.
b6d4f686.jpg