• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was at Seacon Bangkae's new food court again (which I wrote home about last). Had this special combo noodles with meat dumplings from a HK stall (authentic enough) for only bt399. Too big even for 2 pax

AB5885FB-8B67-476A-80C9-033D6D449457.jpeg
2551187B-2E8B-427E-8978-D331D4803210.jpeg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Come evening, only had room for this Thai salad.

Great live music by a really good lady singer Kate who has done some YouTube concert on famous pop Mot Huang (no worries) by Tak Siripon. Excuse poor quality pic
1C101AF4-07B3-4B6B-9229-A02E688B98AE.jpeg
CF25BE68-3869-45DC-BAD3-594290519CFD.jpeg

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
  • 727928474c7919e52f3247d289d5c9b7-sld.jpeg
  • 74e102fe4928d74852686fd4b8a4d67b-sld.jpeg
  • 727928474c7919e52f3247d289d5c9b7-sld.jpeg
  • 74e102fe4928d74852686fd4b8a4d67b-sld.jpeg
Mae Nak haunting Ayutthaya motorists
Breaking News April 08, 2019 12:59
By The Nation

Ayutthaya has a ghost haunting one of its traffic intersections – and she’s doing a howling trade selling grilled meat.

Nannapassorn Chalachainanpa, 23, certainly stands out among the hawkers selling wares to motorists waiting at red lights.
She wears ghoulish makeup and holds a fake baby in one arm. Drivers and their passengers are certain they’re seeing Mae Nak, one of the most famous ghosts on Thailand’s roster of spooks.

When they realise it’s just a vendor in costume, though, most will beckon her over, share a laugh and buy some of her grilled pork and sausages for Bt25.

“I dress like this to bring some colour to the intersection, and it’s great for business,” said Nannapassorn, who’s actually in the uniform of her other job.

She also plays Mae Nak at two different tourist attractions in Ayutthaya.
“In the evening I have free time, so I earn extra income here selling grilled pork and sausages,” she said.

Catch her moonlighting act at the Wat Phra Yat intersection any day from 5.30 to 9pm.
I was taken aback seeing her photos before reading the article. Lol :biggrin:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
I believe anyone who had visited Thailand will know krapow-moo-saab (Thai basils minced pork) rice is the favourite meal here in Thailand as its a simple dish with vegetable, meat and rice a full meal on a plate.

Another favourite that can also be found almost everywhere is khao-ka-moo or braised pork knuckle rice. This morning a friend introduced me to a shop thats very popular at the vicinity around it. Was told this shop had been around for more than 50 years.

Can hardly find this shop thats hidden behind the plants
ING9NtW.jpg

Shop
gaCYuIH.jpg

Big pot of braised pork knuckles, smells really good
sUeBpEt.jpg

Owner working on my breakfast
f4Hya09.jpg

Ordered a seaweed soup
KIoIYP3.jpg

Here's the breakfast
6WUdO05.jpg

This is probably one of the best I've had in Thailand

location - https://goo.gl/maps/NdHCMjJXeGN2
Like this dish. i have bookmark this! : D

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some sinkie flavour in Bkk.

Had this Michelin char siew hor fun in T21. Only bt100 in a mall, but really quiet.
Next is Boon Tong Kee chicken rice only bt65. Good rice, but chili failed
IMG_7384.JPG
IMG_7389.JPG

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
For those who like khao-kah-moo (braised pork knuckles rice) this is one of the best I've had for a very long time.

Went marketing this morning and found this stall for the first time

T0iCzrC.jpg

bJmGESp.jpg

Yummy
aitbJhm.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Dinner alone at a Chinese restaurant in Bangkok simple 2 dishes

hMO25At.jpg

Fish maw fry with crab meat, mushrooms and eggs
45A8pNM.jpg