• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Just arrived Bangkok and the pollution index is

pTogdni.png

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Missed Thai food so much after 10 days in Japan, on the way home stopped by a fish boiled rice stall

OPDXevm.jpg

uynMYhE.jpg

2 bowls of fish boiled rice and an omelette
VcukMgb.jpg

I love Thai omelette but then its super oily.
hQRr02J.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
IMG_6273.JPG

Last night hit my fave haunt Tawandeng Param III. Good for their beer sod and makan including signature pork knuckle or kar moo.
Couldn't resist my cockles with kanom jin, and crackers khao kiap.

I would give my right arm for this singer. Apologies for poor quality of pics, minus froggy,s gizmos
IMG_6268.JPG
IMG_6270.JPG
IMG_6272.JPG

Last edited:

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last night hit my fave haunt Tawandeng Param III. Good for their beer sod and makan including signature pork knuckle or kar moo. Yinyang
Couldn't resist my cockles with kanom jin, and crackers khao kiap.

I would give my right arm for this singer. Apologies for poor quality of pics, minus froggy,s gizmos

Looks like a great time. Thanks for the pics. I've been there (as well as multiple other Tawandengs - every big city seems to have one) but you really need to know Thai songs to enjoy fully. Or be drunk; both I don't do very well. There always seems to be a birthday party every time I'm there :biggrin:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like a great time. Thanks for the pics. I've been there (as well as multiple other Tawandengs - every big city seems to have one) but you really need to know Thai songs to enjoy fully. Or be drunk; both I don't do very well. There always seems to be a birthday party every time I'm there :biggrin:
Think other Tawandengs in other cities (like Chiangmai) are differently owned biz. Very distinct from krungthep’s Param III, Raminthra and last one in Chaeng Wattana. More here for urbanites, distinct also from in house brew and shows too.

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think other Tawandengs in other cities (like Chiangmai) are differently owned biz. Very distinct from krungthep’s Param III, Raminthra and last one in Chaeng Wattana. More here for urbanites, distinct also from in house brew and shows too.

Yes I know all different but same same. I’ve been to the Rama3 and Ramintra (hello Froggy!) one and 2 in Pattanakarn and several others upcountry. Upcountry no beer dam. But food nearly same same. People same same like (but no office parties upcountry is one difference). At the end, you need to know thai songs haha

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Froggy. Heads up. TK opening up new lounge at D next to SQ. I heard opening next month. If you’ve been to IST, that TK lounge there is perhaps the best star alliance lounge. I like the food. I hope there will be doner kebabs, Turkish tea, and simit (bagels). All TK lounges I’ve tried have these + lokum (sweet) + baklava.

Shower at BR (loccitane) and hope they have chicken rice or porridge. Laksa, ondeh2 and Haagen dazs at SQ and then Turkish food at TK. Heaven

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Froggy. Heads up. TK opening up new lounge at D next to SQ. I heard opening next month. If you’ve been to IST, that TK lounge there is perhaps the best star alliance lounge. I like the food. I hope there will be doner kebabs, Turkish tea, and simit (bagels). All TK lounges I’ve tried have these + lokum (sweet) + baklava.

Shower at BR (loccitane) and hope they have chicken rice or porridge. Laksa, ondeh2 and Haagen dazs at SQ and then Turkish food at TK. Heaven

Like a marriage made in heaven.

Good news.