• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Now in between the above meals and food there were some miscellaneous food and snacks which I will lump up in this last post of the trip:

Bak chor mee
zzRWLJl.jpg

Roti prata with mutton
8Spnhsg.jpg

Mutton
TgC9RA0.jpg

Kway Chap
F7mTn1A.jpg

xisdwHG.jpg

qAxzPTm.jpg

Lormee
qLS6cFl.jpg

H8jycnY.jpg

Reactions: jw5

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Yesterday was Saturday. Morning went to the market to buy some eggs and prawns and some vegetables for the new week ahead. Stopped for coffee and eggs for breakfast

fl0ocHk.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
While at the market passed by a stall selling curry puffs

8hBDiAk.jpg

M1MrtzR.jpg

Bought 3 boxes each box of 10 freshly made puffs costs only $3.75

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Next year, don't bother coming back to Singapore for CNY lah. It was hot as hell this year, and everything is so expensive during CNY, and nothing is open. Plus must give out angpow until green faced. Fucking little snots I have never met before must give minimum $10. Relatives kids not happy if u give only $20. WTF. Next year, I am going to a Muslim country like Bali to spend my CNY. At least everything is open and business as usual.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
All over Thailand one can find many delicious and clean street food. One of my favourite but rare item is bitter gourd chicken noodle or in Thai will be "kway teow gai mara"

It is basically noodles (of your choice) in soya sauce chicken soup with pieces of chicken boiled in soya sauce. At a side table are raw vegetables (including thin slices of bitter gourd of course) and sauces for customers to add themselves into the bowl of their noodle. Let me show you.

The stall
QPvTvKq.jpg

Open space eatery
kb4Pruy.jpg

Car park
rTgWTaX.jpg

Cutting chicken and inards
Vc7T75j.jpg

The said table with raw vegetables and sauces here you can find from left to right - Thai basil, bitter gourd, bean sprouts. From top to bottom - sour chili sauce, sugar, roasted chili flakes, un-roasted chili flakes, crushed peanuts.
LNmp5Io.jpg

Here you see customers topping up the their noodle at the "free flow" table
Ud2lF1d.jpg

My 50 baht ($1.90) lunch

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
While in Thailand if you are craving for Singapore food you really have to cook it yourself. This is my prawn noodle

without pork (for my maid)
UYMxjHs.jpg

with pork
GMtSh8v.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
FINALLY! Today I got a chance to use the new terminal in the Suvarnabhimbi Airport.

If you are familiar with this airport this is a video showing getting to the new terminal after immigration at the old terminal. Hope it helps.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
FINALLY! Today I got a chance to use the new terminal in the Suvarnabhimbi Airport.

If you are familiar with this airport this is a video showing getting to the new terminal after immigration at the old terminal. Hope it helps.

where you going boss?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
All over Thailand one can find many delicious and clean street food. One of my favourite but rare item is bitter gourd chicken noodle or in Thai will be "kway teow gai mara"

It is basically noodles (of your choice) in soya sauce chicken soup with pieces of chicken boiled in soya sauce. At a side table are raw vegetables (including thin slices of bitter gourd of course) and sauces for customers to add themselves into the bowl of their noodle. Let me show you.

The stall
QPvTvKq.jpg

Open space eatery
kb4Pruy.jpg

Car park
rTgWTaX.jpg

Cutting chicken and inards
Vc7T75j.jpg

The said table with raw vegetables and sauces here you can find from left to right - Thai basil, bitter gourd, bean sprouts. From top to bottom - sour chili sauce, sugar, roasted chili flakes, un-roasted chili flakes, crushed peanuts.
LNmp5Io.jpg

Here you see customers topping up the their noodle at the "free flow" table
Ud2lF1d.jpg

My 50 baht ($1.90) lunch
These kind of stalls next to the roadside, where got good to eat. The dust and fecal matter in the dust is spread by passing cars into the food.