• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Random Nostalgic Post After National Day

GoldenBellShield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you remember the time you could get hungry and then head down to the store by the roadside and buy yourself a bowl of noodles, sit down, and have the meal of your life watching people as they go by?

My grand father drove a taxi. He worked hard, bought a fleet and then earned enough to start a provision store and bought a piece of land to build his own house. He had his own opinion on things. He taught us to believe in ourselves, to do what we saw fit and to celebrate individualism.

Do you remember the National Library at Stamford road? This was where many of us met our first love. Me and her, we will visit MPH and then the library and spent hours studying (actually dating).

The noodles and the stall, my grand father's shophouse, the library at Stamford road are unfortunately gone. I wish they were still there. These were things that reminded me that I am a Singaporean, that Singapore is my home.

Happy National Day, it would have been better if I remember what it means to call Singapore my home. I can't, because each time I looked around me, all I saw was unfamiliar faces....

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>>>I can't, because each time I looked around me, all I saw was unfamiliar faces....<<<

Be more specific.

th_TV2008080822562300.jpg
<!-- / message -->

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boy we do miss the National Library huh? Can't believe it's become a tunnel.

The country's getting erased in our memories.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you remember the time you could get hungry and then head down to the store by the roadside and buy yourself a bowl of noodles, sit down, and have the meal of your life watching people as they go by?

My grand father drove a taxi. He worked hard, bought a fleet and then earned enough to start a provision store and bought a piece of land to build his own house. He had his own opinion on things. He taught us to believe in ourselves, to do what we saw fit and to celebrate individualism.

Do you remember the National Library at Stamford road? This was where many of us met our first love. Me and her, we will visit MPH and then the library and spent hours studying (actually dating).

The noodles and the stall, my grand father's shophouse, the library at Stamford road are unfortunately gone. I wish they were still there. These were things that reminded me that I am a Singaporean, that Singapore is my home.

things you miss from the past? (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
JWNY :biggrin::biggrin: