• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A police report has been file on PAP recent statement

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Citizen files police report on PAP’s statement about WP Sengkang GRC candidate Raeesah Khan
The Online Citizen
by The Online Citizen
7 July 2020
2 min read

pap-police-report-header-750x375.png

A police report has been filed on the People’s Action Party’s (PAP) recent press statement about Workers’ Party (WP) candidate Raeesah Khan.

A citizen on Facebook revealed on Monday (6 July) that he has filed this report to “hold the PAP accountable for an ‘offence of promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion or race under Section 298A of the Penal Code’ as well as the spreading of online falsehoods.”

This is in regards to the statement released by the PAP on the same day about WP’s Sengkang GRC candidate who has had two police reports lodged against her with regards to comments she allegedly made on social media.

Following news of the reports, the PAP released a statement urging the WP to state it’s stance on Ms Khan’s comments on social media which they allege promoted “enmity between different groups on grounds of religion or race”.

The netizen who filed the report against PAP’s statement said in his Facebook post: “The statement reads ‘In fairness to voters, both in Sengkang and elsewhere, the WP should state its stand on Ms Raeesah’s posts, since she has admitted to making highly derogatory statements about Chinese and Christians.’

“This is patently untrue, as Ms. Raeesah Khan’s statement states only that her statement was ‘insensitive’ and ‘improper’.”
He went on to say, “By falsely accusing Ms. Raeesah Khan of admitting to something she did not, this PAP statement itself promotes enmity between different groups on grounds of religion or race by promoting false narratives which seek to divide rather than unite Singaporeans.”

The netizen concluded, “I am proud to live in a country where everybody is equal in the eyes of the law, and the ruling party itself is not above the law.”
The post included photos of the police report filed, most of which was reproduced in the Facebook post.
Following the police reports lodged against her on 5 July, Ms Khan made a statement to reporters, alongside her fellow WP Sengkang GRC teammates, party chief Pritam Singh and party chairwoman Sylvia Lim.

She said, “My intention was never to cause any social division, but to raise awareness to minority concerns. I apologise to any racial group or community who have been hurt by my comments.”

“My remarks were insensitive, and I regret making them,” she added.

Ms Khan went on, “I feel passionate about minority issues, regardless of race, and in my passion, I made improper remarks, and I have to be accountable for them,” adding that she will fully cooperate with police investigations.
She made the same statement on the Facebook page later that night.

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore GE2020: Tan Cheng Bock calls police reports against WP's Raeesah Khan 'gutter politics'
PSP chief Tan Cheng Bock (left) described the controversy surrounding Ms Raeesah Khan's social media posts as gutter politics.
PSP chief Tan Cheng Bock (left) described the controversy surrounding Ms Raeesah Khan's social media posts as "gutter politics"

SINGAPORE - Progress Singapore Party chief Tan Cheng Bock on Tuesday (July 7) described the controversy surrounding Workers' Party (WP) candidate Raeesah Khan's social media posts as "gutter politics".

Ms Raeesah, 26, is being investigated after two police reports were made against her for two posts on Facebook in which she suggested that the authorities discriminated against minorities.

News of the police reports broke on Sunday, following which Ms Raeesah, who is on the WP's Sengkang GRC team, apologised for making "insensitive" and "improper" remarks.
Speaking to reporters on Tuesday, Dr Tan said he did not want to be involved in politics like that, adding that whoever made the police reports had timed them to coincide with the campaign period.

"(The posts were made) so long ago they should've taken action (earlier). Why wait until now? That's my question," said Dr Tan.
"When it comes to politicking of this nature, let us (take the high road), then the world will look at us and regard Singapore as a mature country."
In the posts, which were made in February 2018 and May this year, Ms Raeesah suggested that police officers discriminated against citizens, and that rich Chinese and white people were treated differently under the law. She also said that minorities and mosque leaders were given different treatment compared with church leaders.
Stay Informed | Singapore GE
Get breaking news and updates in the lead-up to Polling Day.

Dr Tan said parties shuld ask themselves if they have conducted their campaign in a "gentlemanly way".
"I don't want to pick an event that happened two years ago. That shows that they have been waiting for this moment and this is what I call gutter politics," he said in an interview after accompanying his party's Tanjong Pagar GRC walkabout.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That stupid citizen would soon be sued for defamation. What a stupid thing to do just to score political points. Lying and gutter politics is never the way to convince our residents that you have their interests at heart.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some chaps at FB said the one who lodged the report against Raeesah is a siao lang Mat chap right?

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That stupid citizen would soon be sued for defamation. What a stupid thing to do just to score political points. Lying and gutter politics is never the way to convince our residents that you have their interests at heart.

You sounded like Dr Tan Cheng Bock.:wink:. Your beloved PAP engages in lies, threats, intimidation and gutter politics. Raeesah Khan is a victim.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
next time i should file a police report against the one filing the police report and @glockman will file another police report reporting against my filed police report.
To my mind, modern societies are getting too soft and anal. In the old days, if you are not happy with what some fucker said, go and whack him up. What polis report? Jeez!:biggrin:

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Police report made against Ong Ye Kung for allegedly abetting primary school child to participate in election activity
12615767_1225835650764368_6774693662232785558_o-750x375-Copy.jpg

A police report has been said to be filed against People’s Action Party (PAP)’s Ong Ye Kung on Sunday (5 July) over the offence of abetting a primary school child to participate in an election activity.
As seen by TOC, a person said that that he had lodged a police report against Mr Ong over a “possible offence of having abetted a primary school child to participate in an election activity under s83 Parliamentary Elections Act rw s 107 Penal Code, punishable under s83(5) of the same Act”.
“Being an ‘arrestable offence’, if the police suspect the offence has been committed they have the discretion of arresting Mr Ong without a warrant,” the person wrote.
Noting that he was reluctant to make police report initially, the person however reasoned that, “it seems that there are people out there that seem intent on turning election campaigning into an exercise of fear.”
whatsapp_image_2020-07-05_at_22.30.27.jpg

According to the person who filed the police report, the police have also started to investigate the allegations against Mr Ong.
“I received a telephone call from one IO Lam from Tanglin Div who told me that my report was very detailed and that she would look into it – this means the police have started investigating my allegations against Mr Ong Ye Kung,” the person stated.
police_report_made_on_ong_ye_kung_-_theonlinecitizen_gmail_com_-_gmail.png

It was noted that the person was called for an interview at the police station yesterday, however there is no police statement issued about the matter thus far.
Earlier, it was reported that Mr Ong, who is PAP’s candidate in Sembawang Group GRC took down a video of him talking to a boy in school uniform from his Facebook page after being informed by authorities that it is not in line with electoral rules.
He then took to his Facebook on 2 July, stating that the video has been taken down and apologised on the matter.
“We have been informed by authorities that this is not in line with electoral rules. We have therefore taken down the video,” he wrote. “We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.”
In his post, he described that he had a “nice conversation” with the boy who lives in Sembawang and they spoke about “how it is a good place to grow up”.
“Jony is a great sport, we had a good chat, and we put up a short vid,” Mr Ong asserted.
Under the Parliamentary Elections Act, primary and secondary school students are prohibited to take part in any election activities. This means they are not allowed to appear in a video or take part in activities to promote a political party for the election.
Share this:

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Police report made against foreign commentator Critical Spectator for trying to influence GE2020
The Polish national had commented on the policies of political parties and their candidates.
CS-TOC.jpg

The Online Citizen editor Terry Xu has lodged a police report against the self-styled one-man-show commentary Facebook page, Critical Spectator.
Police report lodged over Facebook posts that commented on GE2020
In a July 7 Facebook post, Xu revealed that he made the police report over Critical Spectator's Facebook posts that commented on the ongoing 2020 General Election (GE).
In case you can't see the post:
Screen-Shot-2020-07-07-at-7.41.05-PM.png

Xu pointed out that the person behind the Facebook Page, Michael Petraeus, is a Polish national, as reported by CNA.
Xu's post has been shared over 250 times within three hours of posting.
Xu picked out Facebook posts where Petraeus commented on the GE
Xu further highlighted three Facebook posts as examples that Petraeus has "clear intent to influence the election by criticising a candidate from a particular party and on policies proposed by various parties".
In a recent post, he commented on new Workers' Party candidate Raeesah Khan's choice of a role model in American Marxist feminist Angela Davis, saying after "a bit of mulling", he had to comment as he could not let the issue slide since he is from "a communist country".
In another post that Xu mentioned, Petraeus questioned the rationale behind the support that Khan has received from Singaporeans after she apologised for her controversial comments on the judicial system in Singapore, while former PAP candidate Ivan Lim was condemned for his alleged "elitist" attitude.
In a third post that Xu raised, Petraeus argued for why he thinks GST should be raised in Singapore.
In the post, he said he does not think he can "stay silent" about the matter as in addition to the allegedly misguided ideas that he sees on the issue, he cares about Singapore very much despite not being a citizen.
Government agencies cautioned against foreign interference in Singapore's election
Xu concluded his post by citing Section 83(1)(d) of the Parliamentary Election Act, which states, "No person who is not a citizen of Singapore shall take part in any election activity."
He also cited the April 20 advisories issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs, the Cyber Security Agency of Singapore and the Elections Department that cautioned political parties and candidates against the threat of foreign interference in Singapore's election.
Law and Home Affairs Minister K. Shanmugam has also remarked on the threat of foreign interference in Singapore's elections that is made easy by the Internet to carry out, through "fake news" and "disinformation campaigns", The Straits Times reported.
He added that "it'll be foolish of us not to take steps to deal with it".
Mothership has reached out to the Singapore Police Force for more details on the police report that Xu made.
Petraeus' response
Petraeus has since responded to Xu's accusation, alleging that the latter employed Malaysians to write about "Singaporean politics" under TOC.
Top image adapted via Terry Xu & Critical Spectator's Facebook pages

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ownself investigate ownself .....

SINGAPORE — The police on Tuesday (July 7) said that it has consulted with the Attorney-General’s Chambers who deemed that Mr Heng Swee Keat’s remarks at a student’s forum last year had no intent to wound anyone’s racial feelings or promote enmity between different races.

In a statement, the police confirmed that reports had been lodged against Mr Heng, who is contesting in the East Coast Group Representation Constituency, in relation to his response to a question posed to him at a student’s forum at the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) on March 28, 2019.

Mr Heng had been asked whether Singaporeans were ready for a non-Chinese Prime Minister.