• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A must read (Singapore) story

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I saw this very well written family issue in a comment in Yahoo. It was posted in PM Lee's Facebook but his admin had it deleted. Below is the full Singapore Issue face by the Singaporeans:

Yang Yuwen: I have a family issue. I was part of a closely knitted single child family until my dad says "Let's adopt another brother for you" since he likes big families. As I was quite young at that time, I didn't have any say. Things was okay until my dad started showing favoritism towards my adopted brother.

My dad owns a company and immediately appointed my adopted brother as a manager in the company and paid him well, as for me, he said in order to train me well, I should start working from bottom up. So I became a warehouse assistant in the company, drawing a mere $480 a month. So I work 5 days a week and sometimes burning my weekends because our security guards in the company are limited, while my adopted brother is drawing a high salary and is always taunting me.

I tolled day and night for years and 1 day I broke down completely, accusing my dad of favoritism. That was about 3 years ago in 2011. He cried as well and said he was sorry for all the wrong things that he had done and asked me to give him another chance for him to put things right. Finally, I thought my dad had saw my plight and that would be the end of my misery. I was wrong. Very wrong.

Fast forward to now, 3 years on, I still live the same life working bottom level jobs in my dad's company, while my adopted brother is promoting his biological cousins to my dad so that my dad can adopt them as well.

The final straw is when my adopted brother decided to hold a birthday celebration for his BIOLOGICAL parents in my OWN house. My first reaction was to tell him off, telling him that it was obviously a disrespectful act to my family and my parents in particular. I complained to my dad and to my horror, he says that I should be ASHAMED of myself and he promptly gave the go-ahead for my adopted brother to hold the birthday celebration.

What would you do if you were me?

http://singapore-lighthouse.blogspo...rch+(Singapore+Social+and+Political+Thoughts)

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I saw this very well written family issue in a comment in Yahoo. It was posted in PM Lee's Facebook but his admin had it deleted. Below is the full Singapore Issue face by the Singaporeans:

Yang Yuwen: I have a family issue. I was part of a closely knitted single child family until my dad says "Let's adopt another brother for you" since he likes big families. As I was quite young at that time, I didn't have any say. Things was okay until my dad started showing favoritism towards my adopted brother.

My dad owns a company and immediately appointed my adopted brother as a manager in the company and paid him well, as for me, he said in order to train me well, I should start working from bottom up. So I became a warehouse assistant in the company, drawing a mere $480 a month. So I work 5 days a week and sometimes burning my weekends because our security guards in the company are limited, while my adopted brother is drawing a high salary and is always taunting me.

I tolled day and night for years and 1 day I broke down completely, accusing my dad of favoritism. That was about 3 years ago in 2011. He cried as well and said he was sorry for all the wrong things that he had done and asked me to give him another chance for him to put things right. Finally, I thought my dad had saw my plight and that would be the end of my misery. I was wrong. Very wrong.

Fast forward to now, 3 years on, I still live the same life working bottom level jobs in my dad's company, while my adopted brother is promoting his biological cousins to my dad so that my dad can adopt them as well.

The final straw is when my adopted brother decided to hold a birthday celebration for his BIOLOGICAL parents in my OWN house. My first reaction was to tell him off, telling him that it was obviously a disrespectful act to my family and my parents in particular. I complained to my dad and to my horror, he says that I should be ASHAMED of myself and he promptly gave the go-ahead for my adopted brother to hold the birthday celebration.

http://singapore-lighthouse.blogspo...rch+(Singapore+Social+and+Political+Thoughts)

disown you father?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't attend your father's funeral. Let the adopted brother take care of the mourning and logistics.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This is a family affair why post on PM's facebook? Family problem also can blame PAP meh? Chey.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have good skill at porlumpar is very important.

I like the Rod Stewart song

some guys get all the luck;

some guys get all the blame;

some guys get all the pain;

some guys get nothing but compliant

Or

handsome no use if you don't know how to sian charisma;
charisma no use if you cannot show off what you have;
Show off no use if you cannot lead.

Leadership wins all.

Yan tao su Xian tao
Xian tau su Kia tau
Kia tau su Pia tau

But if you have all these, your life is an oyster.

handsome yet know how to Xian yet born in rich family yet can lead.

Last edited:

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry for being harsh. It is a lousy story. The part on "father" turned me off. It was never a "father". It is just a housekeeper who managed to sweet talk my siblings to employ him.

Over the years, it has proved to be not very intelligent and its performance is so so. However, we were nice and tolerant. Unfortunately, it took our nicety as credit for a good job done and became bold. It started to bring friends to our house to play without our permission. Recently, one of its friends wanted to use our house to hold a funeral. We strongly objected and scolded his friend. The thick skull housekeeper could not see the reason for our strong disapproval and even when around bad mouthing us. It is a blessing in disguise because this episode wake up my neutral siblings who have now decided to kick him out when its contract expires in a few years time. :smile:

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry for being harsh. It is a lousy story. The part on "father" turned me off. It was never a "father". It is just a housekeeper who managed to sweet talk my siblings to employ him.

Over the years, it has proved to be not very intelligent and its performance is so so. However, we were nice and tolerant. Unfortunately, it took our nicety as credit for a good job done and became bold. It started to bring friends to our house to play without our permission. Recently, one of its friends wanted to use our house to hold a funeral. We strongly objected and scolded his friend. The thick skull housekeeper could not see the reason for our strong disapproval and even when around bad mouthing us. It is a blessing in disguise because this episode wake up my neutral siblings who have now decided to kick him out when its contract expires in a few years time. :smile:

yes LHL cannot be the father. A father will never favour adopted son over own son. The story should be the son thought he is the real son but actually he is just an adopter son that the father treat as a money tree and bluff him in the past. All lies about his love for the son. When the other adopted son come into the household, the father found this new kid more money tree potential and so showed his true colours.