• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Matter of English

jw5

Loyal
hah yeah that was what I was trying to hit at. If you say 'my bad' is wrong, then I think 'I'm good' is no better either? cos when someone asks 'how are you?', it's more like relating to your state of health or wellbeing. Whereas if you reply 'I'm good', it alludes more to your behaviour (well-behaved) or your ability (see beh zai).

as someone said, the butchering of the english language!! :confused:
It's probably more correct to say "I'm well", but I think "I'm good" is ok as well.
It has perhaps become a short form for "I'm in a good mood" or "I'm feeling good".
But saying "my bad" when you mean to say "my fault" is clearly wrong. :smile:
Just a humble opinion from a non-native English speaker. Hahaha.

jw5

Loyal
Just for humor:

Q: How do you do?
A: How do I do what? :confused:

Q: What's up?
A: Wait, let me look first (looking up to the sky...) :confused:

Q: Have you eaten?
A: Are you treating? :biggrin:

Q: Where're you going?
A: Are you giving me a lift? :biggrin:

Geylang M-Rated:

Q: 要去吗?:o
A: 去你妈!:oIo:
The next time a chiobu asks you "what's up", reply "my penis".
But be prepared for a slap or the police knocking on your door.
Or perhaps prepare to get laid. :smile:

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
The next time a chiobu asks you "what's up", reply "my penis".
But be prepared for a slap or the police knocking on your door.
Or perhaps prepare to get laid. :smile:

if there's even the slightest chance that the last scenario might eventuate, then i'll always use that reply of yours :wink:

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
How does one correctly reply to the greeting/question 'How are you?'? I've noticed that of late alot of impressionable youngsters quip, "I'm good" or simply, "good". Not very sure but this is not correct is it? Would 'very well, thanks' or 'not too bad' be the appropriate way to reply, from both a linguistic angle as well as a societal one?

not too bad...thank you..how about you? (when u feel like shit actually)

good ..thank you..how about you? (when u r really good)

great..thank you...how about you? (when u just had a great time)

good...tks...seeya (when you just reply for the sake of replying and gotta run)