• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Litmus Test Of The Depth Of Friendship.

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Consider this scenario. There you were, having a cup of coffee with a pal of many, many years. A pal whom you would be willing to stand in front of a knife for. Someone you consider to be closer than your own brother.
Then a guy came to the both of you holding a big stack of $100 bills and
declare that he wants to play a game. He will start putting a hundred dollar bill one at a time on the table until your friend punches you on the nose hard and hurl expletives about your mother. If he does that, he gets whatever is on the table, but with one caveat. The offer can be withdrawn any time as the amount piles up increasingly and your friend had not acted. And you are not allowed to give consent to your friend to go ahead. What do you think your best friend will do in this scenario? How much do you think your friend considers your friendship to be worth?:(

Last edited:

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
C What do you think your best friend will do in this scenario? How much do you think your friend considers your friendship to be worth?:(

I will punch at 10k and split the money 50-50 with my friend after explaining to him wat happened. Den we will go see doctor and after that, go drinking. :biggrin:

I hope he does the same thing to me. I can take it if 4k but below that... wah.

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will punch at 10k and split the money 50-50 with my friend after explaining to him wat happened. Den we will go see doctor and after that, go drinking. :biggrin:

I hope he does the same thing to me. I can take it if 4k but below that... wah.

The point is for your friend to do the punching. That's the litmus test.
It's about how much it will take to betray a friendship.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
punching your friend's nose is not an act of betrayal, you see Thai workers punching each others' noses at Golden Miles every Sat - Sun then the following week they hug and drink together again