• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Jiuhu Chiobu, Cathryn Li Yuanling...

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Malaysian Model Sparks Outrage for Calling a Size Medium ‘Sinful as Obesity’

cathrynlicomments-1-770x409.jpg

Malaysian pianist and actress Cathryn Li Yuanling has sparked a discussion about body image on social media after posting an Instagram Story saying that any size above a medium is “sinful.”

In the Story posted to Cathryn’s now-deleted Instagram page, the 30-year-old artist encouraged some of her close followers to go down to a size XS/XXS, and called a medium and above “as sinful as obesity.”

cathrynli6-e1569650652357.jpg
Image via Facebook / Cathrynlyl

“Girls, if you’re wearing size 6/S, it means you’re M. M = Fat. In Asia, S means M, M means L, anything above M is as sinful as obesity. Try to drop down to size 4/XS. I’m size 2/XXS. If your size 6 above, pls, stop eating and move your ass to the gym already,” she wrote.

Besides tickling the ivories on a piano, performing ballet and dabbling in acting, Cathryn also says she loves to keep fit as she posts videos of her workout regimen on her social media accounts, according to Good Times.

While she inspires everyone to live their best lives, social media users were left dumbfounded by her recent Instagram Story, with many people calling her out for body shaming and sharing their own experience with weight.

cathrynlicomment1.png

cathrynlicomment2.png

cathrynlicomment3.png

cathrynlicomment4.png

Xingxing@XingxingSoo

Don’t usually talk about stuff like this but this is so disgusting. A few years ago I remember seeing Cathryn Li leave a negative comment on Twenty3 founder, Sherlyn’s post as well. This chick has issues man.
See Xingxing's other Tweets

miss moi@frompublicskool

· Sep 26, 2019
Replying to @frompublicskool
I felt this shit on another level. I know a lot of people think I throw the word fat around lightly because I am far from fat. But I hate my body. Even after shedding 30kg I can’t look at myself without feeling utter disgust. So I make light of the situation to maybe help-

miss moi@frompublicskool

Myself not to feel overwhelmed. Cathryn Li, you won the genetic lottery. Is that not enough? Why must you insist on being such a vapid bitch? When I first discovered her I used to OBSESS over the way she looked-
11:32 PM - Sep 26, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
See miss moi's other Tweets

miss moi@frompublicskool

· Sep 26, 2019
Replying to @frompublicskool
But I am well aware that I am larger than the average petite Asian girl. I have never admitted this but every time I go into the clothing store and walk out empty handed, it’s only because the S size doesn’t fit and I refuse to go size up. Stupid I know-

miss moi@frompublicskool

Sometimes I’ll buy something in a M and I’ll feel awful about myself for days on end. So FUCK YOU CATHRYN LI
11:36 PM - Sep 26, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
See miss moi's other Tweets

Following the backlash, Cathryn took to the comments section to defend her Story. While she understands her “mistake,” she explained the current beauty standards of the modeling and fashion industry.

cathrynlicommenting.png

“It was actually meant for the girls in my close friend list who wanted to work in the modeling industry, which I accidentally posted it on public and was taken down 26 mins later after I realized it. I understand it was a terrible mistake, but its indeed what happening in the industry whether you like it or not cos the industry is not gonna accept all these ‘everyone is beautiful, every sizes are beautiful’ kinda theory, of course there are exceptional cases but the mainstream fashion market sill goes for the skinny girls,” she wrote.

cathrynli5-e1569650661423.jpg

Cathryn went on to describe her own struggles and being fat-shamed.

“I’ve been a fat-shamed victim for 5 years to the point I couldn’t take it anymore, finally gave in myself to follow the skinny rules and here I am, getting more job opportunities than I ever had when I was size 6,” she continued.

cathrynli7-e1569650639601.jpg

She further tried to justify her Story by saying it was all a “misunderstanding” and she only wanted to give some advice to her model friends trying to land a job.

“I honestly didn’t understand how size 6 considered fat in the industry, it’s cruel, saddening, but it is how it is, fashion industry is cruel, I’ve actually written a lot of complaints about how fashion industry is starving girls so they could get their dream jobs, it’s not changing anything, it’s not helping any of my friends model wannabe getting any jobs, so coming from my real life experience I think this piece of advice might carry some weight that could actually help my friends, I could be wrong but Its really up to them whether if they wanted to take it. Anyway, like I explained it earlier, my post was never meant for girls in general. It’s a misunderstanding, I sincerely apologize if you find it disturbing.”

The prevalence of negative body image continues to raise concerns for many young women, including U.K.-based body positivity activist and coach Michelle Elman, who has felt excluded from the fashion industry as a plus-size and Asian woman.

“The U.K. plus size community exclude Asian women. It’s largely due to the fact that Asian women are always stereotyped as petite but plus Asian women exist, and we deserve to be represented,” Elman said in an Instagram post in March.
Elman, who is half-Chinese, pointed out the rarity of images of Asian women on plus-size brand websites, campaigns or sponsored posts.

So she joined forces with photographer Linda Blacker in July to create a now-viral photoshoot featuring plus-size Asian women of all sizes and skin tones.

“PLUS SIZE ASIANS EXIST,” Elman wrote in her caption. “Despite the absence in the media, asian is actually the largest ethnic minority in the U.K. Asians deserve to be represented. Asians deserve to be seen. And all Asians aren’t the stereotype of being small and petite.”

NextShark has reached out to Cathryn Li for comment and will update this post when we hear back.
Featured Images Facebook / Cathrynlyl

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since all men are by definition teekopek and humsup, all your indiscretions are forgiven. We are just interested in ogling at your body looking out for cleavage cameltoe andab lines, in no particular order!:biggrin: Only the woem esp fat ones are giving you a hard time. Lol

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Gorgeous ‘Piano Goddess’ Impressed People Not Only By Her Talents…

As humans, we tend to learn more than one thing in order to excel in many things. We want to master everything that we can learn so that we have experience in everything. The ‘Piano Goddess’ did the same and she is not only good at playing Piano bit she sets a perfect example of equilibrium of beauty and talent.

Perfect blend of talents

Perfect blend of talents

Cathryn Lee is the Piano Goddess we are referring to and she is the perfect definition of beauty and talent blended together. Everyone wants to ace the task, and Cathryn is the best inspiration.

Multi-talented

Multi-talented

She is a multi-talented star who is considered one of the Gorgeous ones around. Cathryn Li Yuan ling is a skilled pianist, and even an excelling ballet dancer and an actor. So much talent in one human is really impressive.

Piano Goddess

Piano Goddess

She holds a masters degree in Piano from the Birmingham Conservatory of Music in the United Kingdom. The 29-year-old Piano Goddess is a trained classical pianist who always wins the heart of her audiences when she plays the piano.

Special Female Force

Special Female Force

Her talent as an actor is not less intriguing. Cathryn was seen in the blockbuster movie, Special Female Force, an action film based in Hong Kong. She never fails to amaze!

Ballet dancing

Ballet dancing

Cathryn is excelling in ballet as she has practised it since childhood. She loves to be perfect in everything which is why she has mastered this talent over the years and still practices in order to ace the talent. Her elegance and grace are mesmerizing.

Her fitness

Her fitness

A Pianist, An actor, and a ballet dancer, well that is not enough, she is also a fitness freak and loves her fitness routines. Even though she is slim, she continues to work towards her body. This story seriously motivates us to do so much more in life, never settle on one thing, keep learning, keep growing.

Last edited: