• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A bet with GMS over WP and AIM

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
It depends on what that $30M is for. If it is a contract with all town councils for all their IT needs for a long enough period of time, $30 mil is not outrageously expensive. If it is for anything less than that, then there will be a lot of question marks. That's roughly $2M for each town council. It illustrates that there was a real need for IT systems to be consolidated (although the way it was done served the dual purpose of fixing the opposition).

NCS is a GLC? It's like government paying a GLC for their services? Tax money being funnelled out to foreign reserves?

Maybe the $30M includes as part of its cost doing a study to spend that $30M. Haha.

I am really really uncomfortable with the way the gahment is splashing all the cash...a billion and a billion there...etc This $30m purchase prob never reach any ministers desk whereas in any top 20 MNC it will need CEO approval. The level of governance is really shocking!

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am really really uncomfortable with the way the gahment is splashing all the cash...a billion and a billion there...etc This $30m purchase prob never reach any ministers desk whereas in any top 20 MNC it will need CEO approval. The level of governance is really shocking!

If money is on the government's books, you probably need to have parliamentary oversight to "spend" a few billion dollars. If money is in foreign reserves, GIC / Temasek can just go "invest" it any old how. This will probably sound shocking but I think ministers will only be personally concerned about amounts of money on the scale of billions. Something like $30M will just be on the desk of an MP or something.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
:*:
If money is on the government's books, you probably need to have parliamentary oversight to "spend" a few billion dollars. If money is in foreign reserves, GIC / Temasek can just go "invest" it any old how. This will probably sound shocking but I think ministers will only be personally concerned about amounts of money on the scale of billions. Something like $30M will just be on the desk of an MP or something.

This again is really shocking. I remember one news report where Tharman was talking to his US counterpart and the guy mentioned something stuck in Congress or House off Rep (can't remember which) and Tharman innocently ask how much. When he found it was just tens of millions he was incredulous. Now I know why!! In Singapore it will be approved spent with the speed of a bullet!

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
:*:

This again is really shocking. I remember one news report where Tharman was talking to his US counterpart and the guy mentioned something stuck in Congress or House off Rep (can't remember which) and Tharman innocently ask how much. When he found it was just tens of millions he was incredulous. Now I know why!! In Singapore it will be approved spent with the speed of a bullet!

Depending on how you look at it, it's either a very very good thing or a very very bad thing.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Depending on how you look at it, it's either a very very good thing or a very very bad thing.

Whilst we don't want gridlock like in the US, we also got eyes to see. We see infrastructure works worth hundred of millions of $ and when we see the end result does not tally with the amt spent. We see overspending like gleaming office buildings that even one former Speaker in Parliament described them as wonders of the world! We see poor coordination and wastage..endless digging of roads.and now we find poor procurement governance..bromptongate and AIM. U tell me, do I feel comfortable in how our gahment is handling our money!