• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

97% of Covid-19 cases are good news stories but 97% of news coverage is about the 3% that die

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If the good news vs bad news was reported in the same ratio as the good outcomes vs the bad we'd all be able to get on with our lives even though the reality of the situation had not changed one iota.

Where are the stories about the 65% to 70% of 80+ year olds who have recovered and are now happily back to golfing, gardening and whoring?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
If the good news vs bad news was reported in the same ratio as the good outcomes vs the bad we'd all be able to get on with our lives even though the reality of the situation had not changed one iota.

Where are the stories about the 65% to 70% of 80+ year olds who have recovered and are now happily back to golfing, gardening and whoring?
Yes. I have said before a big part of this crisis is the fucking media.

I mean honestly is it really necessary to report how many fucking cases there are in a country? 80% will recover anyway!

Just report the hospital situation. ER situation.

Eg how many waiting in ER. Wait time to be seen at ER.

How many empty beds in hospital? How many ventilators still available.

The rest no need to say.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Just look at the chart. 85.2% of 80 year olds DID NOT DIE. That's fantastic news.

Most 80 year old sinkies are already half dead to begin with. The virus isn't even lethal to the vast majority of the 80+ category.

How about some follow up on all those 80+ who have been discharged and are now home, immune (for the time being at least) and getting on with life.

As for the 50 to 79 age categories the news gets even better! 92% of those in their 70s survive. That's fantastic odds way better than any cancer.

Below that the numbers are inconsequential. Of course some teens and early 20s will die too but then many are trying to kill themselves jumping off cliffs and dangling off tall buildings for an instagram opportunity so we can lose a few of them to Covid-19 without any major drama.

The coronavirus is killing a percentage of the population as does any disease. However this shutdown is killing WHOLE COUNTRIES! The tradeoff is ludicrous. The world has gone really mad in an effort to placate a small group of people who cannot see the bigger picture.

external-content.duckduckgo-2.jpg

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
The whole issue has never been about total deaths.

It has been about the overwhelming of the healthcare system. They want to prevent that.

In a population of 5 million. Say you have 2% above age 60. Say all lf this group of 100,000 maybe a third of them all kena covid19 at the same time. 25% if the group that kena at the same time will die.

The hard numbers are that 7500 will die. It also means likely more han 7500 will need ventilators at one time.

It is an incredible strain.

It is like if we compressed all the accident victims in an entire year into a week. The hospitals cannot cope lah.

Which is why if you truly want to do it this way then you need to just say ok close hospitals. All covid19 cases sent home. Roll of the dice. You die you die. You live you live. Chances are you will live.

Dont burden the hospitals.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The elderly should be more concerned with avoiding things like the common cold and common flu, as well as getting enough exercise.

There are too many useless lazy asses out there.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The whole issue has never been about total deaths.

It has been about the overwhelming of the healthcare system. They want to prevent that.

In a population of 5 million. Say you have 2% above age 60. Say all lf this group of 100,000 maybe a third of them all kena covid19 at the same time. 25% if the group that kena at the same time will die.

The hard numbers are that 7500 will die. It also means likely more han 7500 will need ventilators at one time.

It is an incredible strain.

It is like if we compressed all the accident victims in an entire year into a week. The hospitals cannot cope lah.

Which is why if you truly want to do it this way then you need to just say ok close hospitals. All covid19 cases sent home. Roll of the dice. You die you die. You live you live. Chances are you will live.

Dont burden the hospitals.
So instead of killing whole economies just concentrate on ventilator capacity so that they can be treated.

With all the technology available nowadays 3D printing etc the production of ventilators can be ramped up 10 fold and buildings that are currently used to house useless bureaucrats can be converted to temporary hospitals.

Industrialists like Elon Musk and Bezos can be roped in to help. I'm sure Musk would prefer that some of his resources be diverted to increasing treatment capacity rather than to have all his factories fucking shut down just to save a handful of old farts. The majority of them will be fine anyway so what is the problem?

I've never seen the modern world behave in such a stupid manner in all my life!

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Having had some experience in industrial machines this does not look too complex.

Surely a crude system that works could be put together pretty quickly by converting current industry capacity to fighting the coronavirus.

That's how world war two was won.

Screenshot 2020-03-25 15.54.34.png

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
So instead of killing whole economies just concentrate on ventilator capacity so that they can be treated.

With all the technology available nowadays 3D printing etc the production of ventilators can be ramped up 10 fold and buildings that are currently used to house useless bureaucrats can be converted to temporary hospitals.

Industrialists like Elon Musk and Bezos can be roped in to help. I'm sure Musk would prefer that some of his resources be diverted to increasing treatment capacity rather than to have all his factories fucking shut down just to save a handful of old farts. The majority of them will be fine anyway so what is the problem?

KNN instead of throwing away money to buying military toys they should all be redirected to making more ventilators KNN even after the crisis is over they can still be put in cold storage same as those toys haven't use already in storage KNN you want eyes to feel song seeing toys or body to recover breathing air KNN

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Having had some experience in industrial machines this does not look too complex.

Surely a crude system that works could be put together pretty quickly by converting current industry capacity to fighting the coronavirus.

That's how world war two was won.

View attachment 74131
7500 patients on ventilator at any time?

That's a lot of resources. Not just ventilators. You need the staffing too. Doctors nurses. And the real estate. Not to mention the masks and all to protect the healthcare workers.

Can be done but quite an undertaking.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
7500 patients on ventilator at any time?

That's a lot of resources. Not just ventilators. You need the staffing too. Doctors nurses. And the real estate. Not to mention the masks and all to protect the healthcare workers.

Can be done but quite an undertaking.

I lived through this! This disease devastated those that were barely starting out in life not some old farts that have already lived full lives.

Iron lungs were churned out in double quick time to keep as many as possible going.

I'm telling you now that even if ventilators could be produced at the rate of 10,000 per day it would not be a politically acceptable solution because the libtards will never accept that ageism is a fact of life.

AP_550816017-1-1000x786.jpg

Iron Lungs.jpg

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
The same media and it's backers that promoted green energy to kill off the older industries and businesses promoted the intensity of covid 19 for the same reason. To kill off older industries so that their new ones can come in and control humankind.
Some of the older biggest companies building high tech equipment such as boeing, GE, exxon-mobil, AMD, intel, motorola are now puny compared to microsft, facebook( this company considered as tech, can you believe it), Google, Amazon..... There new giants can easily buy over the old ones.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
in those days each iron lung cost as much as a house to manufacture

Wow. So it can be done.

Maybe the USA will lead the way in this endeavor? Or will Trump tell the old foggies to die?

But it looks like Trump is losing appetite for continued shutdown.

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
It would be helpful if you are Donald Trump advisor !