• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

92.2% of Poly Grads got work within 6 months of graduating.. but starting salary stuck at $2500

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.todayonline.com/singapo...ithin-6-months-graduating-2021-survey-1789956

Only about 60% of them in full time job. The rest are either working as FL, driving grab or delivering takeouts.
How much did you make when you graduated from poly? My first pay check was $2600 when I graduated some 20+ years ago.

20220113_polyges_table_0.png

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporeans youngsters should thank this pandemic that forced the halt of reckless immigration by PAP. Without pandemic, all these graduates will be destroyed by PAP with influx of foreigners.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
like in taiwan. engineering grads’ starting pay stagnates at us$1369 for the last 36.9 years. chink or asian employers are slave drivers giving out near-coolie salaries. pathetic. better for sinkie poly grads and taiwanese techies to get an engineering degree in u.s., get jobs with tech firms, and earn at least us$136.9k per year.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
like in taiwan. engineering grads’ starting pay stagnates at us$1369 for the last 36.9 years. chink or asian employers are slave drivers giving out near-coolie salaries. pathetic. better for sinkie poly grads and taiwanese techies to get an engineering degree in u.s., get jobs with tech firms, and earn at least us$136.9k per year.
Just don’t work for local SMEs unless u know the boss is the generous type (which is rare) and gives out several months of bonuses if company does well.

I’ve received a job offer from a local SME many years ago that actually stipulated in the contract that :

“You will be required to work hours according to reasonable Company requirements which may include evenings, weekends and Public Holidays. No overtime pays or replacement “off days” will be payable but replacement “off days” or “off-in-lieu” days may be offered at the discretion of the immediate manager or CEO”.

Haha knn basically be their 24/7 slave? No thanks. Received much better offers from other companies after that.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just don’t work for local SMEs unless u know the boss is the generous type (which is rare) and gives out several months of bonuses if company does well.

I’ve received a job offer from a local SME many years ago that actually stipulated in the contract that :

“You will be required to work hours according to reasonable Company requirements which may include evenings, weekends and Public Holidays. No overtime pays or replacement “off days” will be payable but replacement “off days” or “off-in-lieu” days may be offered at the discretion of the immediate manager or CEO”.

Haha knn basically be their 24/7 slave? No thanks. Received much better offers from other companies after that.
good for you. fuck those sinkie sme towkays. their forefathers left china long ago but china has never left them.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Its chinese totalitarisn mentality.
The female workers are expected to give the boss a bonk or two also.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bullshit your US 5 eye pay.... high income tax bracket end up take home pay worst than in Asia... what is the tax at $136k? 45%... tiu lei lo mo...

US currency monopoly and domination against all world currencies.... wtf is this? Evil BE.... that's why pay there are more, a ripped off the world... fuck you... want to sell and buy goods for nothing in US currency? Fuck off...

World No. 2 economy China is going to use RMB to trade, why shd use US currency?

My lanjiao is also bigger than AMDK...

Imperialist confederate slave owners want to manufacture goods using black African humans as slaves get 100% profit for themselves. At least Chinese pay poor peasants to work and unlike white Imperialist confederate slave owners....

China and Chinese ways of paying salaries to workers in manufacturing business are correct, this trade secret cannot tell you... go fuck yrslf...

Last edited:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.todayonline.com/singapo...ithin-6-months-graduating-2021-survey-1789956

Only about 60% of them in full time job. The rest are either working as FL, driving grab or delivering takeouts.
How much did you make when you graduated from poly? My first pay check was $2600 when I graduated some 20+ years ago.

20220113_polyges_table_0.png
Wah 2.6k for a fresh poly grad is alot in year 2k. My uncle starting pay 30 years ago was standard avg 1.2k for a poly grad. 30 years later my uncle only earn $900 more than your 20 year ago 2.6k I.e 3.5k but my uncle doesn't contribute to success of anyone in the company including the company business while having more than a million in his account :geek:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah 2.6k for a fresh poly grad is alot in year 2k. My uncle starting pay 30 years ago was standard avg 1.2k for a poly grad. 30 years later my uncle only earn $900 more than your 20 year ago 2.6k I.e 3.5k but my uncle doesn't contribute to success of anyone in the company including the company business while having more than a million in his account :geek:
My uncle's celery chart was
1.2k -> 1.5k -> 1.9k -> 2.5k -> 2.8k -> 3.2k -> 3.5k -> 3.9k -> 6.6k -> 4.3k (became a wise men from somewhere here ) -> $2.8k -> $2.3k -> $3.5k till current

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
My uncle's celery chart was
1.2k -> 1.5k -> 1.9k -> 2.5k -> 2.8k -> 3.2k -> 3.5k -> 3.9k -> 6.6k -> 4.3k (became a wise men from somewhere here ) -> $2.8k -> $2.3k -> $3.5k till current
The chart adds up to avg of 3k over 30 years This shows that someone earning 3k over their lifetime can buildup > 1mil in their account with wise money management and more importantlee need not be a slave or behaves like slave without any risk involved :sneaky: not wise people will need to scrimp while earning 3k and saving it while My uncle spent wiselee and even can bet soccer and horse :cool:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
The chart adds up to avg of 3k over 30 years This shows that someone earning 3k over their lifetime can buildup > 1mil in their account with wise money management and more importantlee need not be a slave or behaves like slave without any risk involved :sneaky:
Save up 1 million but live your best years scrimping and saving and not enjoying life to the fullest? Please la.

What's the point of living such a shit life? U think u can do rock climbing when you are in your 60s, do a road trip around Iceland in 70s, wear nice clothes and not look like a piece of trying too hard shit in your 80s?

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Save up 1 million but live your best years scrimping and saving and not enjoying life to the fullest? Please la.

What's the point of living such a shit life? U think u can do rock climbing when you are in your 60s, do a road trip around Iceland in 70s, wear nice clothes and not look like a piece of trying too hard shit in your 80s?
You missed out this part apologise for late editing.
not wise people will need to scrimp while earning 3k and saving it while My uncle spent wiselee and even can bet soccer and horse

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
You missed out this part apologise for late editing.
Lol... bet soccer and horse is 'living a good life'? U are fucking pathetic.... hope your 'uncle' is not actually you.

Living a good life is for ....most people anyway, having a nice car to drive, a landed property with your own garden and pool, being able to travel to exotic places to do fun activities such as exploring the Grand Canyon, road trip around Iceland, tanning in the Maldives and leaving enough for your children to get a good headstart in their lives.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lol... bet soccer and horse is 'living a good life'? U are fucking pathetic.... hope your 'uncle' is not actually you.

Living a good life is for ....most people anyway, having a nice car to drive, a landed property with your own garden and pool, being able to travel to exotic places to do fun activities such as exploring the Grand Canyon, road trip around Iceland, tanning in the Maldives and leaving enough for your children to get a good headstart in their lives.
Betting wiselee and beating the sg pool system is a verlee exciting and fulfilling experience becas after collecting the money can go consume eg bkk massage etc not using own money :biggrin:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal

Driving car was a thing of the past for my uncle before he turned a wise men .This also can tag with the saying 不在乎天长地久。。Of course is good to be able to afford a luxurious life but not at the expense of being a slave :sneaky:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal

This 1mil+ is verlee important for my uncle to generate a humble safe interest of about 24k per year and able to continue live within his means and leetiring early :smile: