• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

8 years' jail, cane for man who tried to rape friend's sis

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
8_years_jail_cane_for_man_who_tried_to_rape_friends_sis-thumbnail.jpg

He went to a friend's house to borrow a carrom board and ended tryihng to rape his friend's sister.

Yesterday, cleaner Anis Abdul Ghani, 38, was sentenced to eight years in jail and 12 strokes of the cane for attempting to rape the 29-year-old woman.

A second charge of attempted robbery was taken into consideration by Justice Lee Seiu Kin. The judge also ordered that no details that could lead to the identity of the victim be published.

The High Court heard that at 7am on Sept 30 last year, Anis went to the flat and found that the woman was alone at home. He said that he needed to use the toilet. He returned to the living room with a knife that he took from the kitchen, intending to rob her.

She protested she did not have any cash at home. At that point, he pushed her into the bedroom. Fearing for her life, she allowed him to pull down her shorts.

After his failed attempt to rape her, he covered her face with a pillow to muffle her cries so that neighbours would not hear her. Later he allowed her to sit up, and told her not to go to the police or he would kill himself.

She promised she would not involve the cops, and he went to the kitchen to put the knife back.

After apologising to her, he left.

She then called the police and he was arrested the same day.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Cassandra Cheong read out a psychiatric report that noted he was sexually attracted to the victim.

In another report, Dr Manu Lal of the Institute of Mental Health said that the woman was traumatised for several months after the incident.

Anis, a father of five children aged two to eight, said he was extremely remorseful for what he had done.

While noting that Anis was armed with a knife and had violated the victim in the sanctity of her own home, Justice Lee said that there were no serious injuries.

The sentence was backdated to Oct 2 last year, when Anis was placed in remand.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
cheap thrill sia, 8 yrs and 12 strokes rotan. What a good example he has set to his 5 children :biggrin:

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
why not to film these criminals being caned and make dvds to sell to the public - better education and deterrant to those who think of commiting the same crimes? at the same time, bring some revenues to the prison concern?

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Fearing for her life, she allowed him to pull down her shorts.

After his failed attempt to rape her, he covered her face with a pillow to muffle her cries"

Whats this sial...... he couldnt get it up then she cry issit? hahah

balajii

Alfrescian
Loyal
no they do not do the above but they do forced fornication, outrage of modesty and taking of lives :biggrin:

according to purple fingers, the biggest 'crime' a malay can do is relax n play guitar. they r damn allah fearing. they will not rape n molest n rob

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
according to purple fingers, the biggest 'crime' a malay can do is relax n play guitar. they r damn allah fearing. they will not rape n molest n rob

I am not trying to be racist but i want to point out a fact of life in Singapore.

It's no open secret that the Malays are one of the most disfranchised groups in Singapore. Their education levels, self esteem and achievements as compared to the other race (even FTs) are low despite being enrolled in the same education system like the rest of us. The ones that have achieved or finished tertiary education levels are few and far and throughout my 31 years old i have only known 4 of them and 3 of them are actually my lecturers. 1 has a diploma in mass comm from ngee ann and maciam never held a steady job before.

For those who have not even completed or graduate from Secondary school, look no further, they are the ones who are delivering your pizza/burgers, cleaning floors in shopping centres or likely in a DRC or in prison. In between, they somehow manage to get some girl pregnant and have children out of wedlock which ironically reboots another own impoverished and troubled family.

Malays believe in 'fate' as dictated by Allah but despite the obvious vicious cycle in front of them, they do not seem to believe in a karmic cycle of broken families and proverty. I have already stopped trying to even pretend to understand why they are doing so but simply leave them to their own devices. Even while many Singaporeans have already felt disorientated by the influx of FTs and the globalisation of Singapore, the Malay community is still inward looking and oblivious as ever towards competitive issues in the 21st Century. :biggrin:

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
This idiot is truely hopeless, never tink of his 5 precious! Tink the devil got him all over when he saw his victim( obviously a better looker than his wife)...hahaha!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even while many Singaporeans have already felt disorientated by the influx of FTs and the globalisation of Singapore, the Malay community is still inward looking and oblivious as ever towards competitive issues in the 21st Century. :biggrin:

I note your comment. But I also find the Malays are becoming more openly vocal about the FT issue. The main complains is these PRs snatching away casual jobs previously taken up by them. Like cashiers, fast food operators, salesfloor staff, postal workers.. Open your ears and you will hear it.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I note your comment. But I also find the Malays are becoming more openly vocal about the FT issue. The main complains is these PRs snatching away casual jobs previously taken up by them. Like cashiers, fast food operators, salesfloor staff, postal workers.. Open your ears and you will hear it.

Beshitted will have something positive to say about this, PRCs boosts the economy blah blah blah because they are doing the jobs no one else wants to do.