• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat 74 Year-Old Sinkie Coolie Killed Because He Walked Backwards And Fell Off 1m Unloading Bay! How To Hire Old People Like That? So Unreliable!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1629818588793.png

A worker in Singapore has died after he fell off of an elevated platform next to a ramp on Aug. 13.

The Straits Times (ST) reported that he was a 74-year-old Singaporean logistics worker, and that the incident occurred at Century Square mall in Tampines.

Fell off of 1-metre platform
According to a bulletin by the Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Council on Monday (Aug. 23), the man had been pulling a hand trolley backwards in a loading bay when he fell off of the open side of the elevating platform next to a ramp.

The platform was one metre tall.

The bulletin said that he may have mistakenly entered the elevating platform rather than the ramp.

The worker was conveyed to the hospital, where he passed away the following day.

Investigations are still ongoing.

WSH Council recommendations
In order to prevent such accidents, the WSH Council recommended that employers brief workers — new and temporary workers in particular — on the hazards in the workplace, safe work procedures, and other risk controls that are in place, before allowing work to begin.

In addition, the bulletin recommended that warning signs or bright warning tape and labels be installed at the open sides of elevating platforms, in order to make fall hazards clearly visible.

The WSH Council also added that workers who must move backwards while moving goods should frequently check behind them for trip and fall hazards.

https://mothership.sg/2021/08/spore...ngjxj26Ye_ODcnK6XK0ep_kGSjdr63VNW4MrLMaLm9tFM

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
At 74 and still working, that's very unfortunate.

Fell on his head.

Yeah should be.

Also possible open femur fracture bled to death although less likely.

or cardiac arrest from the shock.

When I am 74 I will also be still working. But hopefully not this type manual work lah.

Hopefully I don't live till 74.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Yeah should be.

Also possible open femur fracture bled to death although less likely.

or cardiac arrest from the shock.

When I am 74 I will also be still working. But hopefully not this type manual work lah.

Hopefully I don't live till 74.
You don't smoke, don't really drink, eat fresh produce, hike, mow lawn, clear snow, do house chores and breathe fresh air. You'll live beyond 74, that's for sure.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
You don't smoke, don't really drink, eat fresh produce, hike, mow lawn, clear snow, do house chores and breathe fresh air. You'll live beyond 74, that's for sure.

I am obese. And depressed. Not healthy. Might commit suicide. Might also go for the MAID program that is due to be approved 2023.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
simi is MAID program?
Medical Assistance in Dying.

https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/cj-jp/ad-am/bk-di.html

Eligibility for persons suffering from mental illness​

Canadians whose only medical condition is a mental illness, and who otherwise meet all eligibility criteria, will not be eligible for MAID until March 17, 2023. This includes conditions that are primarily within the domain of psychiatry, such as depression and personality disorders. It does not include neurocognitive and neurodevelopmental disorders, or other conditions that may affect cognitive abilities.

This temporary exclusion will provide the Government of Canada with more time to study how MAID on the basis of a mental illness can safely be provided and to ensure appropriate safeguards are in place to protect those persons. To support this work, the law requires the Ministers of Justice and Health to initiate an expert review, which will be tasked with considering protocols, guidance and safeguards for MAID for persons suffering from mental illness, and to make recommendations within the next year (by March 17, 2022).

See how things are in April 2023. Maybe I won the LOTTO liao.

But got hope lah. If even more depressed then the healthcare system will kill me for me.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Medical Assistance in Dying.

https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/cj-jp/ad-am/bk-di.html

Eligibility for persons suffering from mental illness​

Canadians whose only medical condition is a mental illness, and who otherwise meet all eligibility criteria, will not be eligible for MAID until March 17, 2023. This includes conditions that are primarily within the domain of psychiatry, such as depression and personality disorders. It does not include neurocognitive and neurodevelopmental disorders, or other conditions that may affect cognitive abilities.

This temporary exclusion will provide the Government of Canada with more time to study how MAID on the basis of a mental illness can safely be provided and to ensure appropriate safeguards are in place to protect those persons. To support this work, the law requires the Ministers of Justice and Health to initiate an expert review, which will be tasked with considering protocols, guidance and safeguards for MAID for persons suffering from mental illness, and to make recommendations within the next year (by March 17, 2022).

See how things are in April 2023. Maybe I won the LOTTO liao.

But got hope lah. If even more depressed then the healthcare system will kill me for me.
OK, just keep buying the lottery. And I will pray for you to win the lottery.

plzhelpme

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow, I see!

knn

the only reason i may die :

Tiger sharks, in particular, are known for eating sea turtles.
Killer whales have been known to prey on leatherback turtles.
Fishes, dogs, seabirds, raccoons, ghost crabs, and other predators prey on eggs and hatchlings.
More than 90% of hatchlings are eaten by predators.

TURTLE.jpg