• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

70's, 80's 'Feel Good' Music

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
DONNA SUMMER - I feel love

"I Feel Love" is a song by American singer-songwriter Donna Summer from her fifth studio album I Remember Yesterday (1977). It reached number six on the US Billboard Hot 100. Giorgio Moroder, the song's producer, was an early adaptor of electronic sequencers, teutonic melody and four-four beats. The song became popular in High Energy and gay discos, while earlier disco hits were based on soft string and assuring female vocals, "I Feel Love" is formed on a hard kick drum and progressive bass lines seminal in the development of modern electronic dance music.
The song would garner Summer her first American Music Award nomination for Favourite Female Soul/R & B Artist. According to David Bowie, then in the middle of recording of his Berlin Trilogy with Brian Eno, its impact on the genre's direction was recognized early on:
One day in Berlin ... Eno came running in and said, "I have heard the sound of the future." ... he puts on "I Feel Love," by Donna Summer ... He said, "This is it, look no further. This single is going to change the sound of club music for the next fifteen years." Which was more or less right."
Music critic Vince Aletti wrote that, "The pace is fierce and utterly gripping with the synthesizer effects particularly aggressive and emotionally charged." He went on to predict that the track "should easily equal if not surpass" the success of "Love to Love You Baby" in the clubs.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Donna Summer - McArthur Park

"MacArthur Park" is a song which Jimmy Webb originally wrote and composed as part of an intended cantata. Webb initially brought the entire cantata to The Association, but the group rejected it. Richard Harris was the first to record the song, in 1968; it was subsequently covered and spoofed by numerous artists. Among the best-known covers are Donna Summer's disco arrangement from 1978 and Four Tops (1971