• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

70-year-old summoned to court for owing SP Services $230

ThePlen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Posted by theonlinecitizen on October 31, 2011

frail-hand-300x224.jpg

A couple of days ago, my 49-year-old mother made a phone call to SP Services as my sick grandfather received a court of summon.

Here is the story.

About three months ago, my grandfather lost unconscious and suffered a brain hemorrhage. Everyone, including the doctors thought he would not make it. He however pulled through with his sheer will power.

The hemorrhage in his brain nonetheless affected his body condition. He has mild Alzheimer’s and now has to undergo physiotherapy to regain his body’s movements.

It may sound like a typical sad old man’s story, but I am sure there are many people in Singapore who share the same fate as him.

Before my grandfather fell ill, he was just a fishmonger, at Toa Payoh wet market. After he fell ill, he could not ply his business but he still had to pay his electricity bills.

As everyone in my family was in an emotional state and was visiting him every day at Changi General Hospital, no one returned to my grandfather’s house to check his letterbox.

But when they did, when his condition improved considerably and he had moved in with my aunt, a shock waited for us in his letter-box.

My ailing 70-odd-year-old grandfather is being charged in court for owing $230 to SP Services.

Shocked and worried, my mother called SP Services the following day and asked if she can pay the amount in installments.

The customer service officer however refused demanding that my grandfather attend court, this despite my mother explaining to her about my grandfather’s medical and physical condition.

Why was not more sympathy extended towards an older man who has fallen ill?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't play, play, Stink Power, have connection on the other side also, when the granddad crosses over, he will summon to court on the other side, they family better send the equivalent amount in currency.:biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
About three months ago, my grandfather lost unconscious and suffered a brain hemorrhage. Everyone, including the doctors thought he would not make it. He however pulled through with his sheer will power.

The outcome of a hemorrhage has absolutely nothing to do with will power. Recovery from tissue damage is physiological process that all living species are capable of which, in some species, goes way beyond what humans can achieve. :rolleyes:

For example, a lizard can grow a new tail and a shark can replace lost teeth. Will power has nothing to do with it. It's built into the genetic code.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Ah Sam har, Ah Sam

for once, can't you just go with the flow

No I can't. I hate all this bullshit crap. It's the same thing with all those cancer stories where the narrative goes "He battled cancer with great courage blah blah blah...".

Nobody battles cancer. They seek help from the medical profession. The usual response is to pump the body full of chemicals or zap the cancerous region with megawatts of electromagnetic radiation or both.

The patient's role is entirely passive. All he/she does is submit to the treatment regime while hoping for a positive outcome. Sometimes it works and often it doesn't.

No battle is fought by the patient whatsoever. 99% of patients are scared shitless that they're going to die. 1% adopt a fatalist attitude and try not to think too much about a disease which they have no control over whatsoever.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. bro, so what is your take on jobs' sis load of crap: 'Death didn't happen to Steve, he achieved it'