• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

64,000 foreigners threw away their singapore pr since 2010

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
How else can them scums make property prices shoot up like a rocket? Shitizens suffer but the scums become super rich due to the many properties they own. I reckon even a small-time MP owns at least 3 properties. Ministers at least 10 or more. That's not counting superscale civil serpents and jaik leow bee army generals. Of course, this has go hand in hand with population growth. What's stopping them to aim for 10m?

Our public servants should be made to declare their assets like many first world countries.

Be thankful that our millionaire civil servants are not corrupt! Things could be worse you know. Nobody said you pay them sky high salaries they must work in your favour. You must know who hold the purse strings ok?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Circumstances change. People make decisions for all sorts of reasons. Perhaps something even more desirable came along.

But why would u throw away something that's desirable even though something more desirable come up?that doesn't make sense.....just because I get a Philip patek astronautical chronological submariner doesn't mean I'm going to throw away my gold plated Rolex....that has still some value.....and some people are hoarders....they form attachment to junk even though its worthless....they have more garbage at home then karang guni men.....they have no standards....this shows SG citizenship is worthless......karang guni wouldn't even want it for 50 cents.

Last edited:

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkapore PR is the easiest to get and thus pretty worthless.

It well explains why a simple letter of endorsement from an useless MP in Jl Kayu could get the PR for that scum Yang from PRC. News in the foreign community in sinkie land is - Join the grassroots, por lan par there and the PR is available.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
But why would u throw away something that's desirable even though something more desirable come up?that doesn't make sense.....just because I get a Philip patek astronautical chronological submariner doesn't mean I'm going to throw away my gold plated Rolex....that has still some value.....and some people are hoarders....they form attachment to junk even though its worthless....they have more garbage at home then karang guni men.....they have no standards....this shows SG citizenship is worthless......karang guni wouldn't even want it for 50 cents.

If SG citizenship was worthless, there wouldn't be such a huge number applying for citizenship.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
How else can them scums make property prices shoot up like a rocket? Shitizens suffer but the scums become super rich due to the many properties they own. I reckon even a small-time MP owns at least 3 properties. Ministers at least 10 or more. That's not counting superscale civil serpents and jaik leow bee army generals. Of course, this has go hand in hand with population growth. What's stopping them to aim for 10m?

Our public servants should be made to declare their assets like many first world countries.

In some countries, any public employee earning over $75,000 must be named in a public record published annually. And in the US, President Obama's tax return and his wife's tax return are also public knowledge.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be thankful that our millionaire civil servants are not corrupt!...

How do you know? Corruption is discovered after detection. If no discovery, it does not mean there is no corruption.

Who does not want to have tons of money? A favour shown in consideration for sex, hampers, vacation, priority for a place in schools, etc is also a form of corruption.

In some countries, corruption is seen as a form of "hormat" and accepted as a way of life. With the large numbers of foreigners from some of these countries taking up residence in sinkie land, the practice of "hormat" will also take root in the near future.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal

This data from 2011 is outdated.

At 0.04% means only 1600 renounced citizenship when in fact it is multiple times higher. The ministries refuse to reveal the numbers but anecdotal evidence suggests more than 5000 renounce annually.

This does not include Singapore citizens that have taken up another country's citizenship but still holding on to the pink IC.

Conservative estimates this number to be at least 70,000. These are the people that if forced to give up one citizenship, they will definitely surrender the SG passport.

2023 and 2024 will be the years that record number of Singapore Citizens take up new PRs and citizenship of another country.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Circumstances change. People make decisions for all sorts of reasons. Perhaps something even more desirable came along.
May be, some return to their home country, some emigrated to another country (using Singapore as a stepping stone).
Besides, there may be other factors.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In some countries, any public employee earning over $75,000 must be named in a public record published annually. And in the US, President Obama's tax return and his wife's tax return are also public knowledge.
In Ontario, Canada, the government website has a "Sunshine List" (those earning more than $100,000) that details the names, position, government agency, annual salary for each year, and the past several years.
The amount has been $100,000 for more than ten years, and not revised.
Many first class police constables earned more than $120,000. One of my son's classmates father earned about $175,000 as a detective Sgt.
Many public transit drivers also earned more than $100,000.
One of my neighbours behind me, earned more than $600,000 as head of a quasi government agency.

Last edited:

cockie

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=1]64,000 FOREIGNERS THREW AWAY THEIR SINGAPORE PR SINCE 2010[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
1 Oct 2014 - 10:23pm

<ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

The PAP government needs to urgently address its flawed immigration policy to avoid compounding issues in future.
The Singapore PR appears to have the ‘lowest value’ in the world as an increasing number of foreigners have given up their PR status in recent years. ICA should have the figures.
In our latest population figures, the number of PRs has continued to reduce from 531,200 in 2013 to 527,700 in 2014 although new PRs number some 30,000. In 2010, there were 541,000 PRs (see population)
Although there were about 120,000 (30,000 annually) new PRs from 2010 to 2014, an estimated 90% of new citizens came from the current stock of PRs. The net increase in PRs has to take this into consideration.
2010 to 2014
PRs = 30,000 X 4 = 120,000
New citizens = 19,000 X 4 = 76,000
90% new citizens were PRs = 76,000 X 90% = 68,400
Net PR increase = 120,000 – 68,400 = 51,600
2010 PRs + net increase = 2014 PRs
541,000 + 51,600 = 592,600
In 2014, we should have about 592,600 PRs. (give or take some left with valid reasons or may have died)
But the actual figure is only 527,700 PRs.
The reduced number indicates 64,900 foreigners have renounced their PR status during the last 4 years, an average of about 16,000 annually.
If our policy of taking in an average of 30,000 PRs is to make up for the loss of 16,000 (more than 50%) foreigners who renounce their PR status annually, then our immigration policy is seriously flawed. When foreigners from third world countries renounce their first world PR as if a piece of tissue paper, something must be very wrong.
The National Population and Talent Division under the Prime Minister’s Office should review our flawed immigration policy.
PS
The NPTD has been silent on my queries and it has refused to disclose any data to dispute my estimates despite my feedback to the PMO. link I believe the figures are an embarrassment confirming our failed immigration policy.
In March this year, past data had confirmed an average of about 10,000 foreigners had renounced their PR status since 2000. (data also not disputed by government) The number has been increasing at a higher rate in recent years.

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

PRs are given a number of privileges similar to citizens. But about 3% of PRs leave Singapore for good annually compared to only 0.04% of Singaporeans renounce their citizenship. There are stark differences between PRs and citizens but we are grouped under one category as “residents”. The government gives out PRs too freely because it wants to accord certain privileges to foreign workers such as the purchase of public housing, priority in education, etc. Without such privileges, Singapore’s high cost of living may be too prohibitive.
Phillip Ang
*The writer blogs at http://likedatosocanmeh.wordpress.com/

The question to ask - 64,000 give up but how many have been given?