• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

60% Mandate for the PAP! The people have SPOKEN!

Alfrescian
Loyal
See, I was right! Granted the mandate wasn't 100%, it was 60%. Even so, a mandate is a mandate. Once again the people have given their mandate to the PAP, as they should. Once again I must question the legitimacy of those who speak against the PAP and its policies. Yes, you may be absolutely correct and they may be absolutely wrong. Yes, you may be able to run circles around the Ministers and MPs when it comes to debating issues. Yes, you may be more qualified, certified and verified than the whole cabinet put together. But for all your clever words and persuasive arguments, I have but only one question...

DO YOU HAVE THE MANDATE OF THE PEOPLE?

If the answer is yes, like the WP team who won Alujinied and Hougang, your words have weight, they are worth listening to! If the answer is no, then what right do you have to speak for anyone, much less the so-called people whom you obviously don't have the support of?

I'm not a PAP supporter, I'm just questioning the right of those who claim to speak for "the people" when they have never and will never put in the effort to win votes like the PAP and the Opposition do. For the all the Opposition's faults, they did what they thought was right and put in the effort. For all the PAP's overwhelming advantage, they did not slack off and fought to win as well. The pompous asses of this forum who argue everything so cleverly yet risk nothing are simply armchair generals with an armchair army of "supporters" who risk nothing as well. Must this forum always be hijacked by such hypocrites? Please respect the mandate of the people. Remember...

60% MANDATE FOR PAP! THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!!!

Alfrescian
Loyal
The percentage can change, but the mandate will always be! I've already admitted 60% is not 100%, but it is still an overwhelming mandate! Besides to be precise, it's a 60% mandate with more than 90% PAP in parliament, truly a resounding mandate!

youtalkcock

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The percentage can change, but the mandate will always be! I've already admitted 60% is not 100%, but it is still an overwhelming mandate! Besides to be precise, it's a 60% mandate with more than 90% PAP in parliament, truly a resounding mandate!

Haha.. i tell you.. even if it were to be 51% you will still say it's resounding. :biggrin:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
See, I was right! Granted the mandate wasn't 100%, it was 60%. Even so, a mandate is a mandate. Once again the people have given their mandate to the PAP, as they should. Once again I must question the legitimacy of those who speak against the PAP and its policies. Yes, you may be absolutely correct and they may be absolutely wrong. Yes, you may be able to run circles around the Ministers and MPs when it comes to debating issues. Yes, you may be more qualified, certified and verified than the whole cabinet put together. But for all your clever words and persuasive arguments, I have but only one question...

DO YOU HAVE THE MANDATE OF THE PEOPLE?

If the answer is yes, like the WP team who won Alujinied and Hougang, your words have weight, they are worth listening to! If the answer is no, then what right do you have to speak for anyone, much less the so-called people whom you obviously don't have the support of?

I'm not a PAP supporter, I'm just questioning the right of those who claim to speak for "the people" when they have never and will never put in the effort to win votes like the PAP and the Opposition do. For the all the Opposition's faults, they did what they thought was right and put in the effort. For all the PAP's overwhelming advantage, they did not slack off and fought to win as well. The pompous asses of this forum who argue everything so cleverly yet risk nothing are simply armchair generals with an armchair army of "supporters" who risk nothing as well. Must this forum always be hijacked by such hypocrites? Please respect the mandate of the people. Remember...

60% MANDATE FOR PAP! THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!!!

No enough Man-dates for dear Lee.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The mandate is unmistakable. But equally glaring is that 40% of the population is only represented by 7% MPs in the Parliament. If this is gross injustice, what is?

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha.. i tell you.. even if it were to be 51% you will still say it's resounding. :biggrin:

Near lost, near miss, almost lose, all the same, a win is a win! 50.1% win is still 100% win! :biggrin:

Close contest, good showing, almost win, all the same, lose means lose! 49.9% lose is still 100% lose! :p

Last edited: