• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

59—year—old doctor to pay fine for drink—driving

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
The law stipulates no more than 35 micrograms of alcohol in 100 ml of breath. This is equivalent to 2 glasses of beer, a too easy limit to exceed. Most of us can drink up to 4 without any impairment of our faculties. It varies from individual to individual. It also depends on whether your stomach is full, in which case, the limit can go up some more. For me personally, I have gone to 8 before feeling woozy,but can still walk straight, stand on one leg and tie my shoelaces.

Well, the law is still the law and it is based on the lowest common denominator. We can interpret the law loosely which then leads to chaos, or stick to it rigidly but let justice be tempered with wisdom and an element of empathy.

Of course, it must also not be seen as elitist, and that the commoner, as with the princely, should also benefit with a fair just and firm punishment.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On Tuesday, Dr Lim’s lawyer, Senior Counsel Sant Singh, argued that her decision to drive was not deliberate but she was upset because she had received word that a relative was ill.

One can drink and drive when you are upset and get away with it!

She must have Connections...

You know reading izzit!?..."Member"!! lah!, in the past they will ask, 'what number"??

Now they ask, "Member".. "U", "PxP", "Grassslooters".."PA"...etc.. MEMBER!!!:p

weili443

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: 59—year—old doctor to pay fine for drink—driving

As a doctor, i think his responsibility lies in giving aid to the victim definitely.