• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

5 supremely gorgeous condo pools that will give hotels a serious run for their money

covertbriar

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMiYVle.png

Beautiful is no longer the exclusive domain of high-end hospitality brands such as Hilton, Marriott and Hyatt; in the present day upscale private condominiums have risen to the challenge in sculpting their own cool blue oases- dreamy, grand and very much instagrammable. Needless to say, there is lovely, then there is heavenly. We checked out numerous properties around the island, and consequently shortlisted six which thoroughly charmed our socks off. Get ready to be impressed.

https://www.hotelsandphotos.com/6-supremely-gorgeous-condominium-swimming-pools

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One of the things I was looking at when I was searching for a new home was one with a decent sized swimmng pool.

Many places may have a pool but the pools are too small to be useful e.g. those located in hi rise buildings.

What is the point of having an infinity pool if it's too small?

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the things I was looking at when I was searching for a new home was one with a decent sized swimmng pool.

Many places may have a pool but the pools are too small to be useful e.g. those located in hi rise buildings.

What is the point of having an infinity pool if it's too small?
Then you should just find a HDB flat near - very near - SAFRA. For $20 a year, which is cheaper than any maintenance fees in any condominium anywhere in Singapore , you are assured for at least an Olympic size pool plus hot water shower in the changing room. The difference between SAFRA pools and SRC pools is the absence of keling kias.

Don't drive a car, and you don't have to worry about car park. Even HDB cannot make money from you.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Then you should just find a HDB flat near - very near - SAFRA. For $20 a year, which is cheaper than any maintenance fees in any condominium anywhere in Singapore , you are assured for at least an Olympic size pool plus hot water shower in the changing room. The difference between SAFRA pools and SRC pools is the absence of keling kias.

Don't drive a car, and you don't have to worry about car park. Even HDB cannot make money from you.

I bought my condo years ago & yes it has a decent sized pool. On saturday mornings they hold Swimming instructions for the kids.

The condo next door has a very small pool which I notice is rarely used.

Back when I was looking I visited Bullion Park & there were two good sized pools & a Squash court. However I didn't like the location. I wanted a place closer to downtown.

Newer condos are getting smaller & smaller. Unless one is willing to pay $$$$ one has to settle for less.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
private pools are not great for sinkie elderlies who tend to slip on wet floor and fall, fracturing hip bones, breaking necks or cracking skulls. and there's no lifeguard on duty or hardly a soul to lend assistance when someone is down and or drowned. wasn't there a 69-year old socialite who died after falling by her pool at her bukit timah home?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
private pools are not great for sinkie elderlies who tend to slip on wet floor and fall, fracturing hip bones, breaking necks or cracking skulls. and there's no lifeguard on duty or hardly a soul to lend assistance when someone is down and or drowned. wasn't there a 69-year old socialite who died after falling by her pool at her bukit timah home?

I think the socialite you are referring to had the assistance of a maid who swung her against a wall & drowned her.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...-for-killing-her-employer-socialite-nancy-gan

Pools at condos are not deep & if one is elderly they should have an assistant help them. Some condos like mine have a jacuzzi pool that anyone can use. My condo even has a kiddie pool.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the socialite you are referring to had the assistance of a maid who swung her against a wall & drowned her.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...-for-killing-her-employer-socialite-nancy-gan

Pools at condos are not deep & if one is elderly they should have an assistant help them. Some condos like mine have a jacuzzi pool that anyone can use. My condo even has a kiddie pool.
last 2 things for sinkies to have are maids and pools. they are nothing but trouble. have both and the end result is death to the owner.

Maximuz

Alfrescian
Loyal

I feel sorry for the maid. Rich bitch had it coming and it was time to go at her age anyway, it was a good life. Even her final act (steel tray shot) was an act of provocation -- and which also dragged a young life into 18 years of incarceration. If anything, the maid's family should be given recompense.

Side note: In the 90's, a family friend told my mom her maid sent her a letter after she finished her contract. She wrote that she's been adding her own fecal matter to the family meals she cooked.

Be nice folks.