• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

412 criminal cases reviewed after DNA test lab error!!

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
An error inn a government laboratory resulted in the solution used in DNA testing in criminal cases to be 10 times stronger than it should have been.

As a result, 412 cases had to be reviewed, and the AG's Chambers now wants DNA tests in 87 of the cases to be redone. But the government yesterday also gave the assurance that the mistake has not resulted in anyone being wrongly convicted. "There was no possibility of falsely indicating any DNA profile that was not there."

Explaining what happened, the government official said the manager in charge "a very experienced employee of 30 years" had "misread the label."

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Correction, It was "an honest mistake" :p

>Explaining what happened, the government official said the manager in charge "a very experienced employee of 30 years" had "misread the label.">

If the label says "Chee Soon Juan or " Yap......" I am very sure, the government official with only 1 mth of experience & the font size is 1, can read it very clearly.:biggrin:

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
So many cases done by one manager "misread the label"? What about other lab technicians? Are they FTs who can't read English?

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
10 x stronger...? Can alter certain DNA (remove certain strains) right? so how many rape cases wrongly pin-pointed?
How many burglary / murder cases wrongly id?

They said, no mistakes involving capital cases...who knows?

Even so, wrong imprisonment is bad enough, imagine being imprisoned for something you did not do...fuck

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
10 x stronger...? Can alter certain DNA (remove certain strains) right? so how many rape cases wrongly pin-pointed?

Even so, wrong imprisonment is bad enough, imagine being imprisoned for something you did not do...fuck

From what I understand, reagent is to show up the DNA profile, not to alter them. Any reagent that can alter DNA should not even be used in the first place.

In any case, no one will get jailed or convicted based on DNA alone. If it is that simple, our poodles can go lar kopi and wait for lab test result. Don't need to investigate liao. I fuck a girl, she cries rape, my semen found, so must be rape? I visit your house, I left and someone came to murder you. My DNA found the on cup you offered me drink, so I am the murderer. Cannot be right?

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Maybe their cannie club members, will get 20 X stronger, to honestly make a mistake...:biggrin:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
From what I understand, reagent is to show up the DNA profile, not to alter them. Any reagent that can alter DNA should not even be used in the first place.

In any case, no one will get jailed or convicted based on DNA alone. If it is that simple, our poodles can go lar kopi and wait for lab test result. Don't need to investigate liao. I fuck a girl, she cries rape, my semen found, so must be rape? I visit your house, I left and someone came to murder you. My DNA found the on cup you offered me drink, so I am the murderer. Cannot be right?

can if they find it too difficult to find the real culprit. u would be the convenient one to close the case.