• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

41-year-old Japanese man died yesterday after being attacked by a shark

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HEAVY rain in northern NSW may have contributed to two shark attacks in two days, one of them fatal, a shark *expert warns.

A 41-year-old Japanese man, Tadashi Nakahara, died yesterday after being attacked by a shark at Ballina in northern NSW.

Mr Nakahara was among a group of surfers at Shelly Beach when the shark, estimated to have been about 4m long, attacked.

He reached the shore, but both his legs had been severed and he died soon after.

Mr Nakahara had been living and working in the area for more than a year and was known in local surfing circles.

The attack, at about 9.45am, came less than 24 hours after *another man was attacked at Byron Bay, about 30km to the north.

Byron Bay chef Jabez Reitman was surfing at Seven Mile Beach on the eastern side of Byron Bay when a 2m-3m shark leapt out of the water and knocked him off his surfboard, but then swam away.

Mr Reitman paddled ashore and drove himself to Byron Bay Hospital before being transferred to Gold Coast Hospital, where he is being treated for lacerations to his back.

The sharks may have been *attracted inshore after heavy rain in the area that had led to *rivers flowing faster than normal and therefore providing more food for sharks, said Bond University associate dean Daryl McPhee.

Dr McPhee, who researches shark habitat and behaviour, said it was highly unlikely the same shark was responsible for both *attacks, given the discrepancy in their *reported size.

“And while a shark can swim 30km overnight, it’s not terribly likely that one would come into shore, take a bite out of someone, then swim for 30km and come into shore to take a bite out of another person,” Dr McPhee said.

Yesterday’s fatal attack is the third in the northern NSW area in the past 18 months, with 19-year-old Zac Young taken at a beach near Coffs Harbour in late 2013 and English expatriate Paul Wilcox, 50, attacked in shallow water at Byron Bay in September.

Dr McPhee said although there had been more shark *attacks, the chances of being taken by a shark were still very small.

“Now is also a time when there is more shark activity,” he said.

“You’ve had rains on land; that leads to more fresh water flowing into the sea, and that brings with it more food for all animals, *including sharks, so there’s a greater chance of them being close to shore,” he said.

“In this case at Ballina, the spot where the guy was taken is pretty close to the mouth of the river.”

He said it was also mating *season for bull and tiger sharks, which meant a change of habitat that might bring sharks closer to shore.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...d-as-rivers-flow/story-e6frg6nf-1227213832887

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
his father or grandfather probably took part in world war 2 massacre, now karma befalls on him. i have read similar stories, the other time, a japanese family was killed in a fatal car accident, the father of the man who was killed was a jap soldier that killed many during the war. i have said, there is really karma in this world.

nehtiongnoy

Alfrescian
Loyal
his father or grandfather probably took part in world war 2 massacre, now karma befalls on him. i have read similar stories, the other time, a japanese family was killed in a fatal car accident, the father of the man who was killed was a jap soldier that killed many during the war. i have said, there is really karma in this world.

I dont know about karma but I know mamar exist because I am part mamar.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Then the people on board all the air crash must be very damn DU LAN. I have to die in the air plane crash because my parents or grandparents has done heinous deeds.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Australia is a great country but too many man eating monsters in their waters like giant saltwater crocs , sharks. On land you have poisonous snakes, spiders. NZ much better with their cool climate and no crocs to Makan you while you fishing at their rivers.

SuperMod

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

U are really dumb, without karma accident happens everyday to everyone as well.

SuperMod

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

So when people eat shark fins is.also sharks karma?