• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

40+ ex-PMET: I was forced out by GLC!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top> Coffeeshop Chit Chat - 40+ ex-PMET: I was forced out by GLC!</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"></TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt89 <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>4:18 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(1 of 7) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>48163.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD id=msgtxt_1 class=msgtxt>Author: governmend link company forced me to leave without compensation!
Comment:
In Mar 2009, i was forced out by a local media giant(obviously Temasek owned!) after working there for 9 years and survived at least 2 rounds of retrenchment/outplacement exercises. I left WITHOUT any compenstion (worse than being retrenched!) and my request to be demoted was not being considered! ...i joined them at the prime age of 35 and left at the age of 44+. Since then, i worked as a taxi driver for 1.5 years before managed to find a (low level) contract job and earning a salsary that is LESS THAN my 15 years ago pay! If i was forced out by a foreign company unfairly, i will still vote for you (PAP)...but i was being forced out by Temasek related company and WITHOUT ANY COMPENSATION! I am like one of the many PMETs who lose our jobs not due to any fault of ours..but the policy of our government and the greed of the Temasek related companies to sequeeze more profits at the expense of the employees! So if governament related companies can treat locally born citizen so unfairly...it will be MAD for me to vote for them!</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup. Makes you hate the PAP isnt it?

There, an Old Man who's past his expiry date, still hanging on to his million dollars pay guaranteed by a foolproof system of his own making, with nothing else but his son to say yes, Father, you are employed. The daughter in law collects million dollars too for retrenching PMETS like you. This is to create budget for failed Minsiters, failed MOSes and MPs who have been 'retrenched' from the electoral process so they can return to the GLCs.

Go tell 9 others to vote Opp, any Opp.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It doesn't matter if its a GLC, SME or MNC. The problem is the way Singaporean workers are treated in their own country. Workers have no avenues to address any unfair practices and very minimal rights. All thanks to duds like NTUC and CASE.

And with a liberal FT policy, companies have even less incentive to improve conditions for employees.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It doesn't matter if its a GLC, SME or MNC. The problem is the way Singaporean workers are treated in their own country. Workers have no avenues to address any unfair practices and very minimal rights. All thanks to duds like NTUC and CASE.

And with a liberal FT policy, companies have even less incentive to improve conditions for employees.

hi there

1. now, who's the servant who's its master?
2. sheep here are just defenseless!
3. literally, you die your biz.
4. sheep governing sheep also governing the labour movement.
5. highly productive!
6. isn't this conflict of interest too?