• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$2B push for more babies = More taxes for you and me

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gahment spending for pro-family measures will rise from $1.6B to $2B. Whos going to pay for all this?? Wheres the funding going to come from? Gahment can just pump $B spending here and there without going through budget discussion....just like the $B surprise annoucements on the spending on new buses. Don't get me wrong...I am supportive of the new measures....but I be damned if I am going to pay a single cent more taxes to fund this. Gahment can announce $B spending on whatever initiatives it wants....since they have total control, but they should not later ask for more taxes,more COEs, more ERPs...etc to fund all these. If they want to fund all these stuff, they have to cut from other things..starting with Minister's (and all down the line) salaries, defence spending ...etc.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is not welfare ...it is a waste of money. How far can the $9k go? Instead of short-term election giveaways, the government should focus on making the essential of life affordable, like the high cost of housing, the frail public transit and the expensive healthcare cost.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
They should tax everyone with the CBF, Child Benefit Fund. Anyone over the age of 18 without a kid should be taxed/fined on a percentage of their income.