• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

26 Rich People Who Live Like the Average Joe

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tyra Banks

Model, actress, author and host of “America’s Next Top Model,” Banks is one of many celebrities who live modestly.
She saves money by collecting the shampoo, conditioner and soap from her hotel rooms and using leftovers the next day.**
(**sounds like a few people I know!)

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Teri Hatcher

“Desperate Housewives” star Teri Hatcher keeps her cars until they have at least 100,000 miles on
them before trading them in. She also bakes for her daughter’s classroom rather than buying treats to bring in.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jennifer Lawrence

Even after starring in the hugely successful “Hunger Games” trilogy, Lawrence still lived in her parents’ condominium.
“I think it would be very bizarre to live in a big mansion by myself,” she told Elle.

Lawrence eventually moved into her own digs, however. Variety reports that she bought a loft-style condo in New York City
in early 2017 for a little more than $9 million.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Katie Couric

The longtime newscaster credits her mother with teaching her to search for bargains.
Couric told Parade she brings leftovers to work for lunch and borrows clothes from her friends.**
(** so tight meh?)

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Royal thrift?

Kate Middleton

The future queen of England is well known for wearing the same outfit for multiple occasions —
something royals are not known for doing. And her grandmother-in-law, the current Queen,
has been known to turn off lights in empty rooms in Buckingham Palace.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So kiam siap

Conan O’Brien

When comedian Conan O’Brien began starring on “Late Night,” he drove a 1992 FordTaurus.
With a 2017 net worth estimated at $100 million, we’re guessing he’s upgraded by now.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gay fruit? o_O

Tim Cook

As CEO of Apple, Tim Cook took home $145 million in 2016, most of it in vested stock.
But in Adam Lashinsky’s book, “Inside Apple,” Cook said he likes “to be reminded of where I came from,
and putting myself in modest surroundings helps me do that. Money is not a motivator for me.”

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Buying personal stuff in bulk, and coupons?

Hilary Swank

Award-winning actress Hilary Swank lived in a trailer, and even out of her mother’s car for awhile,
when she was younger. That experience instilled frugal habits that she retains to this day, like buying
toiletries in bulk and clipping coupons.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Golf clubs from K Mart

Mitt Romney

Despite coming from a wealthy background and parlaying that advantage into even greater wealth, former presidential candidate and business leader Mitt Romney knows the value of a dollar.

He performs home renovations himself and has been known to buy his golf clubs at Kmart.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another coupon shopper :cool:

Carrie Underwood

John Shearer—WireImage

One of the wealthiest country music stars, Carrie Underwood admits she clips coupons when she goes grocery shopping. Further illustrating that there’s not that much difference between some rich and poor people, she also said she often forgets to bring the coupons with her to the store. And if you’re wondering what rich people eat, Underwood buys stir-fry kits and meatless burgers.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ashley Greene

“Twilight” star Ashley Greene credits her father with instilling frugal ways in her at a young age. She’s grateful because she knows her meteoric rise to fame could turn around just as quickly. She spends carefully in case the next big acting job doesn’t come along for awhile.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vincent Kartheiser

Earl Gibson III

The “Mad Men” actor takes public transportation and lived in a one-bedroom apartment even after he scored a choice role in the successful drama. He also espouses the environmental benefit of not owning a car.