• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[24 Feb] North South MRT Line down again this morning

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<header style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, 'DejaVu Sans', sans-serif; font-size: 16px; line-height: 24px;">MRT service on North-South Line disrupted during morning rush hour

</header>
18111234.JPG

SINGAPORE — Commuters on the North-South MRT line experienced delays in their travel this morning (Feb 24).

BY -
24 FEBRUARY

SINGAPORE — Commuters on the North-South MRT line experienced delays in their travel this morning (Feb 24).

Train operator SMRT said this was because of a track circuit failure on the south-bound track between Jurong East and Kranji MRT stations.

The problem was reported at 7.30am and SMRT engineers were deployed to investigate and rectify the fault.

Trains had to travel at slower speeds between Kranji and Yew Tee MRT stations due to the track circuit failure.

SMRT said as of 8.32am, the faulty track circuit had been repaired and normal train service resumed.

Free bus bridging services between Admiralty and Ang Mo Kio MRT stations were activated at 8.30am and ceased at about 9.30am. CHANNEL NEWSASIA

Brubeck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is the 'new normal' :smile:

Expect it, embrace it and live with it. And vote PAP out in 2016 !

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This will happen now and than... If you are taking public transport, you should have expected this to happen... Move on...:biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tuck ( pronounced with a "f") YOU, tells you, breakdowns are expected. live with it...but remember you want good, efficient trains that rarely breakdown, PAY MORE & HAVE LESS SUBSIDY!!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now they are using the phrase 'commuters... experienced delays in their travel' in their news reports. :rolleyes:

Soft, innocuous language to downplay everything.

kapkia

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Huat ahhh .... lol....

Invest in kapkia no wrong ...

actually I have waited so long since morning for someone to start this thread...

huat huat huat...

Last edited:

Brubeck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
地铁南北线今早故障20多名理工生考试迟到

地铁南北线服务今早故障,列车延误近2小时,数以万计乘客滞留地铁,共和理工学院至少20多名学生因此迟到,赶不上考试。 - See more at: http://wanbao.omy.sg/local/story20140224-23279#sthash.fIIvgymT.dpuf

NTU boys and girls could not take the examination due to North South Train failure

Haha ....... knn ...... got to take 're' papers ....... sure curse and swear until sore throat :biggrin:

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Source: The Real Singapore

DEAR TRS, I AM FROM REPUBLIC POLY AND I MISS MY EXAM TODAY BECAUSE OF MRT BREAKDOWN

Dear The Real Singapore,

The train delay lasted for more than an hour including waiting time in stations and inside the train. I was able to reach school at 8.15 if the train is going smoothly. But i reached school at around 9.30. I have exams at 8.30. Due to train fault from kranji north south line. Students from republic polytechnic were greatly affected by the train fault. Resulting in in many students unable to take their exam and grades was greatly affected even though the smrt late slip was given to school. Students were advised to take another exam that is for students with medical reasons. (Ut4) which is alot harder.

Please post this to let MOE , SMRT and RP to know about this and students will appreciate it very much if they could give some leeway.

I would usually be arriving to school 30 mins before the exam which is more than enough and I ended up 1 hour late for my exam. I do not think it is my fault since I wasn't told by my school to turn up 2-3 hours before my exam and to expect a MRT breakdown. Should MRT breakdown be a factor that us students need to take into consideration now for our exams?

I went to school for nothing today and I have to waste money taking a train back home again. I live in a 3 room flat with 3 of my sisters and all these transport money is very important to me especially for from a low-income family like myself.

I am very disappointed with the performance of our MRT train station as I have encountered train delay and breakdown numerous times again. I might be interested in joining politics after reading your website since the government is not doing anything about the welfare of Singaporeans and it is only getting from bad to worse.

Please share my post with your readers. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Angry RP student

Editor's Note: We have forwarded this letter to Republic Poly and hopefully they will look into this and make those students late for the exams sit a special paper that is not harder than the medical exempted paper.

SMRT posted on their Facebook page earlier that the delay was at least 15 mins. Most of our readers also complained that the delay lasted for almost 1 hour and they ended up turning up for school and work an hour late.

1010980_721054564606380_679751035_n.png

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if have exam i will go 30 mins earlier but w this delay...it will still b no help at all

Source: The Real Singapore

DEAR TRS, I AM FROM REPUBLIC POLY AND I MISS MY EXAM TODAY BECAUSE OF MRT BREAKDOWN

Dear The Real Singapore,

The train delay lasted for more than an hour including waiting time in stations and inside the train. I was able to reach school at 8.15 if the train is going smoothly. But i reached school at around 9.30. I have exams at 8.30. Due to train fault from kranji north south line. Students from republic polytechnic were greatly affected by the train fault. Resulting in in many students unable to take their exam and grades was greatly affected even though the smrt late slip was given to school. Students were advised to take another exam that is for students with medical reasons. (Ut4) which is alot harder.

Please post this to let MOE , SMRT and RP to know about this and students will appreciate it very much if they could give some leeway.

I would usually be arriving to school 30 mins before the exam which is more than enough and I ended up 1 hour late for my exam. I do not think it is my fault since I wasn't told by my school to turn up 2-3 hours before my exam and to expect a MRT breakdown. Should MRT breakdown be a factor that us students need to take into consideration now for our exams?

I went to school for nothing today and I have to waste money taking a train back home again. I live in a 3 room flat with 3 of my sisters and all these transport money is very important to me especially for from a low-income family like myself.

I am very disappointed with the performance of our MRT train station as I have encountered train delay and breakdown numerous times again. I might be interested in joining politics after reading your website since the government is not doing anything about the welfare of Singaporeans and it is only getting from bad to worse.

Please share my post with your readers. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Angry RP student

Editor's Note: We have forwarded this letter to Republic Poly and hopefully they will look into this and make those students late for the exams sit a special paper that is not harder than the medical exempted paper.

SMRT posted on their Facebook page earlier that the delay was at least 15 mins. Most of our readers also complained that the delay lasted for almost 1 hour and they ended up turning up for school and work an hour late.

1010980_721054564606380_679751035_n.png