• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

2100 die in usa yesterday. 9-11 terror attack takes 2977 deaths in a single day... soon to catch up...

kiketerm

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh dear oh dear could it be? Dont do what Sweden does :roflmao:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/co...spitals-inundated/N5DXE42OZJOLRQGGXOT7WJOLSU/

Covid-19: Sweden's herd immunity strategy has failed, hospitals inundated
21 Nov, 2020 01:15 PM4 minutes to read
Sweden, up until now, has run a distinctly different race to its neighbours who locked down hard when the pandemic breached its borders. Photo / AP
Sweden, up until now, has run a distinctly different race to its neighbours who locked down hard when the pandemic breached its borders. Photo / AP
news.com.au
By: Rohan Smith

It looked like Sweden might be vindicated for its Covid-19 strategy. But in the past few weeks, the country of 10 million has been smashed by the virus.
With three words, Sweden's King Carl Gustaf captured the panic engulfing his country as it backflips on a controversial herd immunity strategy and coronavirus case numbers explode.

On Instagram, he wrote, simply: "Hold on tight!"

The message is echoing around the Nordic breakaway nation which, up until now, has run a distinctly different race to its neighbours who locked down hard when the pandemic breached its borders.

It signals a complete reversal of a policy that allowed Swedes to govern themselves in the hopes that life could go on as normal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Advertise with NZME.
Life did carry on as normal and it looked like Sweden might be vindicated for its strategy. But in the past few weeks, the country of 10 million has been smashed by Covid-19.

There were 6000 cases in a single day last week and hospitalisations are rising faster than anywhere else in Europe.

The death toll is following predictably behind. The Washington Post reports that Sweden's per capita death rate is several times higher than in Finland, Denmark and Norway – all of which locked down early.

It is believed roughly one-in-five people in Stockholm are infected.

With numbers exploding, Prime Minister Stefan Lofven has been forced to swallow his pride and admit that he got it wrong.

Read More
At a news conference on Monday, he did just that, telling reporters: "It is a clear and sharp signal to every person in our country as to what applies in the future. Don't go to the gym, don't go the library, don't have dinner out, don't have parties – cancel!"

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Nope, try again. BTW I have all day to bust your bullshit :tongue::tongue::tongue:

Rising Deaths, Rising Cases, Rising ICU

View attachment 97081

ICU cases always rise in winter this has always been the case so there is no cause for alarm. That is why I have referred you to the website that compares this year with previous years so that people will realise that this is no different from other respiratory illnesses and they will stop worrying so much about Covid.

However is you just just posting rubbish for argument's sake I see little point in wasting my time. You may have the whole day but I have the rest of my life. I have run this forum for 18 years and will carry on for another 18 or more unless I drop dead.

The point I am making is simple. Articles are opinions but statistics paint the true picture and this shows that Covid is hardly a big deal and that nobody should be unduly worried.

kiketerm

Alfrescian
Loyal
ICU cases always rise in winter this has always been the case so there is no cause for alarm. That is why I have referred you to the website that compares this year with previous years so that people will realise that this is no different from other respiratory illnesses and they will stop worrying so much about Covid.

However is you just just posting rubbish for argument's sake I see little point in wasting my time. You may have the whole day but I have the rest of my life. I have run this forum for 18 years and will carry on for another 18 or more unless I drop dead.

The point I am making is simple. Articles are opinions but statistics paint the true picture and this shows that Covid is hardly a big deal and that nobody should be unduly worried.

Errrr no. COVID is new, Try again?

Enkfu5TXcAAuTz5.jpg

kiketerm

Alfrescian
Loyal

Errrrr no. Survival is human instinct. Sweden now locking down. Some more? :tongue::tongue::tongue:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/18/...ols-sweden-clamps-down.html?auth=login-google

bandoning its loose approach to virus controls, Sweden clamps down.

merlin_179932647_851987c1-924f-4f45-b2de-c6ab1cda88a5-articleLarge.jpg

Tables were taped off at a fast food restaurant in Stockholm last week.

Tables were taped off at a fast food restaurant in Stockholm last week.Credit...Fredrik Sandberg/TT News Agency, via Agence France-Presse — Getty Images
By Anna Schaverien
  • Nov. 18, 2020

In the spring, as European governments imposed draconian lockdown orders that turned capitals into ghost towns and forced people to largely confine themselves to their homes, Sweden opted for a lighter touch.
The “Sweden model,” as it came to be known, has been the subject of fascination and study even as the effectiveness of the approach is still hotly debated.
But on Tuesday, in a few short words posted on social media, King Carl XVI Gustaf captured the dramatically different mood as a resurgent virus sweeps across Europe.
“Hold on tight,” he said in a statement posted on Instagram. “Hold on!”
This week, the government announced the strictest limitations on the country since the coronavirus first appeared and warned that there will be darker days ahead.
ADVERTISEMENT
Continue reading the main story

“It is a clear and sharp signal to every person in our country as to what applies in the future,” Prime Minister Stefan Lofven said during a news conference on Monday. “Don’t go to the gym, don’t go the library, don’t have dinner out, don’t have parties — cancel!”
With governments around Europe struggling to avoid sweeping national lockdown orders this time around — but moving step by step in that direction as new restrictions are put in place — Sweden is no longer the outlier.

• Dig deeper into the moment.
Subscribe for $1 a week.

After earlier adopting a ban on serving alcohol after 10 p.m. and advising against the use of public transportation, Mr. Lofven announced a ban on public gatherings of more than eight people starting next week.
While Sweden’s number of Covid-19 deaths still pales in comparison to those of some European countries like Italy or Spain, it is more than 10 times higher than in Finland or Norway. Over the past five days, Sweden has recorded more than 15,000 new infections and Mr. Lofven warned that “it will get worse.”
Still, despite introducing tighter virus control measures, the Swedish leader said that a national lockdown was still not on the table.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Errrrr no. Survival is human instinct. Sweden now locking down. Some more? :tongue::tongue::tongue:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/18/...ols-sweden-clamps-down.html?auth=login-google

bandoning its loose approach to virus controls, Sweden clamps down.

merlin_179932647_851987c1-924f-4f45-b2de-c6ab1cda88a5-articleLarge.jpg

Tables were taped off at a fast food restaurant in Stockholm last week.

Tables were taped off at a fast food restaurant in Stockholm last week.Credit...Fredrik Sandberg/TT News Agency, via Agence France-Presse — Getty Images
By Anna Schaverien
  • Nov. 18, 2020

In the spring, as European governments imposed draconian lockdown orders that turned capitals into ghost towns and forced people to largely confine themselves to their homes, Sweden opted for a lighter touch.
The “Sweden model,” as it came to be known, has been the subject of fascination and study even as the effectiveness of the approach is still hotly debated.
But on Tuesday, in a few short words posted on social media, King Carl XVI Gustaf captured the dramatically different mood as a resurgent virus sweeps across Europe.
“Hold on tight,” he said in a statement posted on Instagram. “Hold on!”
This week, the government announced the strictest limitations on the country since the coronavirus first appeared and warned that there will be darker days ahead.
ADVERTISEMENT
Continue reading the main story

“It is a clear and sharp signal to every person in our country as to what applies in the future,” Prime Minister Stefan Lofven said during a news conference on Monday. “Don’t go to the gym, don’t go the library, don’t have dinner out, don’t have parties — cancel!”
With governments around Europe struggling to avoid sweeping national lockdown orders this time around — but moving step by step in that direction as new restrictions are put in place — Sweden is no longer the outlier.

• Dig deeper into the moment.
Subscribe for $1 a week.

After earlier adopting a ban on serving alcohol after 10 p.m. and advising against the use of public transportation, Mr. Lofven announced a ban on public gatherings of more than eight people starting next week.
While Sweden’s number of Covid-19 deaths still pales in comparison to those of some European countries like Italy or Spain, it is more than 10 times higher than in Finland or Norway. Over the past five days, Sweden has recorded more than 15,000 new infections and Mr. Lofven warned that “it will get worse.”
Still, despite introducing tighter virus control measures, the Swedish leader said that a national lockdown was still not on the table.

Of course measures need to be taken. I never remotely suggested that nothing be done. All I am saying is that it is no worse than than the flu. That is why the Swedes have not implemented a lockdown.

And the Swedes never had "loose" controls in the first place.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Errrr no. COVID is new, Try again?

View attachment 97083

Cases are meaningless because very few are actually sick. And Covid is hardly new as coronaviruses have been around for centuries. Once this mutation has done its rounds everything will be back to normal so there is absolutely nothing to worry about.

kiketerm

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course measures need to be taken. I never remotely suggested that nothing be done. All I am saying is that it is no worse than than the flu. That is why the Swedes have not implemented a lockdown.

And the Swedes never had "loose" controls in the first place.

Errrrr no. Try again? :tongue::tongue::tongue:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...rganic&utm_medium=social&utm_content=politics

Swedish PM Makes Covid Plea in Historic National Address
By
Niclas Rolander
and
Rafaela Lindeberg
November 22, 2020, 2:23 PM EST Updated on November 23, 2020, 6:52 AM EST
Stefan Lofven

Stefan Lofven Photographer: Henrik Montgomery/AFP/Getty Images
LISTEN TO ARTICLE
3:08
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sha...-covid-plea-to-nation-after-careless-response
Sweden’s Prime Minister Stefan Lofven used a rare Sunday night address to warn of the growing threat the coronavirus poses, amid fears the strategy used so far may not be enough to fight an increasingly deadly pandemic.

Lofven, the third prime minister in Sweden’s history to deliver such a national address, said “too many people have been careless about following the recommendations” that health authorities say are key if the virus is to be reined in.

Sweden famously avoided a lockdown, relying instead on voluntary measures. But with a death rate considerably higher than elsewhere in the Nordic region, and intensive care beds rapidly filling up, authorities in the country are now recalibrating their approach.

Lofven’s decision to address the nation triggered a wave of analysis in Sweden’s biggest newspapers on Monday, as editorial pages weighed in on the seriousness of the moment. Only two Swedish prime ministers have made similar addresses in the past -- Carl Bildt in 1992, after a series of racially motivated shootings, and Goran Persson in 2003, after the murder of Foreign Minister Anna Lindh.

In his Sunday speech, Lofven said “everyone must do more” to fight the virus. “The health and lives of people are still in danger, and the danger is increasing,” he said.

Covid-19 has already killed more than 6,000 Swedes, with total cases well above 200,000. At the same time, intensive care beds are filling up quickly, with twice as many Covid patients as of Nov. 19 compared with the preceding fortnight.
In a recent report by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, Sweden consistently ranked among the hardest hit nations in Europe, as measured by relative Covid mortality and infection rates. The OECD also noted that Sweden lagged far behind peers in bringing down the transmission rate, as defined by Rt.
“The objective of prevention interventions, including containment and mitigation strategies, is...to bring the value of Rt to below one, that is, when the number of infected persons will decrease over time. On average, it took 34 days for countries to bring this indicator to below one after the epidemic started spreading in the country. The country with the shortest period was Malta (11 days), with Sweden reporting the longest period (58 days),” the OECD said.
But Interior Minister Mikael Damberg said it’s still too early to draw conclusions about the Swedish strategy.
“We see that large parts of Europe have been hit by the second wave,” Damberg said in an interview with public broadcaster SVT. “Our responsibility now is that Sweden is not drawn into a situation as serious as the other countries’.”
The government, however, appears to be acknowledging that measures to date have been inadequate.
Earlier this month, Sweden’s prime minister took what he called the “unprecedented” step of banning public gatherings of more than eight people. From Nov. 20, sales of alcohol were no longer permitted after 10 p.m. Both measures were a sign that voluntary measures are no longer enough.
The message from the prime minister was similarly unequivocal on Sunday night: the respite from Covid-19 during the summer and the fall is over.
”Everything that you would like to do but that isn’t necessary, call it off, cancel, postpone,” he said.
(Adds OECD report, comment by interior minister)
UP NEXT
Ex-Trump Lawyer Sidney Powell Files Election Suits in ‘DISTRCOICT’ Court

kiketerm

Alfrescian
Loyal

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Errrrr no. Try again? :tongue::tongue::tongue:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-22/swedish-pm-sends-covid-plea-to-nation-after-careless-response?cmpid==socialflow-twitter-politics&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_medium=social&utm_content=politics

Swedish PM Makes Covid Plea in Historic National Address
By
Niclas Rolander
and
Rafaela Lindeberg
November 22, 2020, 2:23 PM EST Updated on November 23, 2020, 6:52 AM EST
Stefan Lofven

Stefan Lofven Photographer: Henrik Montgomery/AFP/Getty Images
LISTEN TO ARTICLE
3:08
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-22/swedish-pm-sends-covid-plea-to-nation-after-careless-response
Sweden’s Prime Minister Stefan Lofven used a rare Sunday night address to warn of the growing threat the coronavirus poses, amid fears the strategy used so far may not be enough to fight an increasingly deadly pandemic.

Lofven, the third prime minister in Sweden’s history to deliver such a national address, said “too many people have been careless about following the recommendations” that health authorities say are key if the virus is to be reined in.

Sweden famously avoided a lockdown, relying instead on voluntary measures. But with a death rate considerably higher than elsewhere in the Nordic region, and intensive care beds rapidly filling up, authorities in the country are now recalibrating their approach.

Lofven’s decision to address the nation triggered a wave of analysis in Sweden’s biggest newspapers on Monday, as editorial pages weighed in on the seriousness of the moment. Only two Swedish prime ministers have made similar addresses in the past -- Carl Bildt in 1992, after a series of racially motivated shootings, and Goran Persson in 2003, after the murder of Foreign Minister Anna Lindh.

In his Sunday speech, Lofven said “everyone must do more” to fight the virus. “The health and lives of people are still in danger, and the danger is increasing,” he said.

Covid-19 has already killed more than 6,000 Swedes, with total cases well above 200,000. At the same time, intensive care beds are filling up quickly, with twice as many Covid patients as of Nov. 19 compared with the preceding fortnight.
In a recent report by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, Sweden consistently ranked among the hardest hit nations in Europe, as measured by relative Covid mortality and infection rates. The OECD also noted that Sweden lagged far behind peers in bringing down the transmission rate, as defined by Rt.

But Interior Minister Mikael Damberg said it’s still too early to draw conclusions about the Swedish strategy.
“We see that large parts of Europe have been hit by the second wave,” Damberg said in an interview with public broadcaster SVT. “Our responsibility now is that Sweden is not drawn into a situation as serious as the other countries’.”
The government, however, appears to be acknowledging that measures to date have been inadequate.
Earlier this month, Sweden’s prime minister took what he called the “unprecedented” step of banning public gatherings of more than eight people. From Nov. 20, sales of alcohol were no longer permitted after 10 p.m. Both measures were a sign that voluntary measures are no longer enough.
The message from the prime minister was similarly unequivocal on Sunday night: the respite from Covid-19 during the summer and the fall is over.
”Everything that you would like to do but that isn’t necessary, call it off, cancel, postpone,” he said.
(Adds OECD report, comment by interior minister)
UP NEXT
Ex-Trump Lawyer Sidney Powell Files Election Suits in ‘DISTRCOICT’ Court

Of course politicians need to appear to be doing something but based upon the statistics and the fact that death rates are lower than normal there is nothing to worry about. It's no worse than the flu season.

1606440378164.png

kiketerm

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cases are meaningless because very few are actually sick. And Covid is hardly new as coronaviruses have been around for centuries. Once this mutation has done its rounds everything will be back to normal so there is absolutely nothing to worry about.

Just when I thought the level of nonsense could not get any worse, you come up with this gem

https://www.scotsman.com/read-this/...-coronavirus-rules-citizens-heres-why-3038146

Sweden has changed its coronavirus rules for citizens - here’s why

By Ethan Shone
Tuesday, 17th November 2020, 11:15 am
UpdatedTuesday, 17th November 2020, 11:16 am

shutterstock_1702483522.jpg

Sweden is departing from its laid-back approach to tackling coronavirus, and has introduced a strict limit on public gatherings.
A maximum of eight people will be allowed to meet publicly for any purpose, starting from 24 November. Until now, gatherings in the country have been limited to between 50 and 300 people, depending on the exact nature of the event.

by Taboola
Sponsored Links

https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/trac...FZiIchu37ji7BE_h_P3O1_MH3zACBxeqwgY0yw_yDRkUw

What are the coronavirus rules in Sweden?
Elsewhere in the country, restaurants will be able to stay open, with a maximum of eight people per table, and the same rule will apply in schools.

The new limit will only apply to public gatherings, as the law in Sweden does not allow for the government to ban gatherings in people’s homes.
The change comes after the Swedish government announced last week that bars and restaurants will be prohibited from serving alcohol after 10pm until February, as of 20 November.
Prime Minister Stefan Lofven warned the public that “this is the new norm for society,” adding, “don’t go to gyms, don’t go to libraries, don’t host dinners. Cancel.”
Lofven restated his belief that the government “does not believe in a total lockdown,” but warned the public, “It’s going to get worse.”

How has Sweden handled coronavirus until now?
The most recent data shows Sweden reported its highest number of new cases yet on Friday 13 November, at 5,990. The country has had a total number of 177,355 cases since the pandemic began, with 6,164 deaths.
These figures show that Sweden compares unfavourably with its Nordic neighbours, though it has seen fewer cases and deaths per capita than some other European countries which enacted stricter measures, such as lockdowns.
Sweden has attracted much scrutiny for its coronavirus strategy, as it has relied much more on asking and encouraging the public to be mindful of distancing and hygiene best practices to minimise spread, rather than introducing legal restrictions.

kiketerm

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course politicians need to appear to be doing something but based upon the statistics and the fact that death rates are lower than normal there is nothing to worry about. It's no worse than the flu season.

View attachment 97087

Errrr no, try again? :roflmao:

https://thehill.com/policy/internat...no-signs-of-herd-immunity-curbing-coronavirus

Top epidemiologist says Sweden has no signs of herd immunity curbing coronavirus

BY JOHN BOWDEN - 11/24/20 09:10 PM EST 8897,091 ws
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/...rk-city-cites-far-left-schools?obOrigUrl=true

Top epidemiologist says Sweden has no signs of herd immunity curbing coronavirus

© Getty Images
Sweden's top infectious disease expert said Tuesday that the country has not seen evidence of herd immunity slowing the spread of the coronavirus in the country.
“The issue of herd immunity is difficult,” Anders Tegnell, Sweden's state epidemiologist, said at a news briefing, according to Bloomberg News.
“We see no signs of immunity in the population that are slowing down the infection right now," Tegnell said.

Sweden has seen a resurgence of the virus in recent weeks, with the rate of new infections more than doubling from earlier this year.
The country has recorded roughly a quarter of a million confirmed COVID-19 cases, and about 6,500 deaths from the disease, according to figures compiled by Johns Hopkins University.
Some U.S. officials including Dr. Scott Atlas, a member of President Trump's coronavirus task force, have promoted a strategy of herd immunity despite repeated warnings from health experts that such a plan would be insufficient for controlling the spread of the virus or limiting deaths in the U.S.
Advocates of the idea have pointed to Sweden as an example, citing the country's unwillingness to implement lockdown measures inhibiting public life to stop the virus's spread.
Tegnell has fought back against those views, however, and in an interview last month pushed back against the idea that Sweden had pursued a strategy of herd immunity.

In common with other countries we’re trying to slow down the spread as much as possible... To imply that we let the disease run free without any measures to try to stop it is not true,” Tegnell told New Statesman.

“I want to make it clear, no, we did not lock down like many other countries, but we definitely had a virtual lockdown,” Tegnell said. “Swedes changed their behavior enormously. We stopped travelling even more than our neighboring countries. The airports had no flights anywhere, the trains were running at a few per cent of normal service, so there were enormous changes in society.”

Bloomberg noted that Swedes have faced more exposure to the coronavirus than residents in other Nordic areas and data published this week showed that every third person tested in Stockholm has tested positive for antibodies.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Just when I thought the level of nonsense could not get any worse, you come up with this gem

https://www.scotsman.com/read-this/...-coronavirus-rules-citizens-heres-why-3038146

Sweden has changed its coronavirus rules for citizens - here’s why

By Ethan Shone
Tuesday, 17th November 2020, 11:15 am
UpdatedTuesday, 17th November 2020, 11:16 am

shutterstock_1702483522.jpg

Sweden is departing from its laid-back approach to tackling coronavirus, and has introduced a strict limit on public gatherings.
A maximum of eight people will be allowed to meet publicly for any purpose, starting from 24 November. Until now, gatherings in the country have been limited to between 50 and 300 people, depending on the exact nature of the event.

by Taboola
Sponsored Links

https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/trackclk/N5620.2069703TABOOLA/B23832035.268259034;dc_trk_aid=462990901;dc_trk_cid=129031346;dc_lat=;dc_rdid=;tag_for_child_directed_treatment=;tfua=ord=2020-11-27+00:09:00;dc_ref=yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk?tblci=GiC-ywFZiIchu37ji7BE_h_P3O1_MH3zACBxeqwgY0yw_yDRkUw#tblciGiC-ywFZiIchu37ji7BE_h_P3O1_MH3zACBxeqwgY0yw_yDRkUw

What are the coronavirus rules in Sweden?
Elsewhere in the country, restaurants will be able to stay open, with a maximum of eight people per table, and the same rule will apply in schools.

The new limit will only apply to public gatherings, as the law in Sweden does not allow for the government to ban gatherings in people’s homes.
The change comes after the Swedish government announced last week that bars and restaurants will be prohibited from serving alcohol after 10pm until February, as of 20 November.
Prime Minister Stefan Lofven warned the public that “this is the new norm for society,” adding, “don’t go to gyms, don’t go to libraries, don’t host dinners. Cancel.”
Lofven restated his belief that the government “does not believe in a total lockdown,” but warned the public, “It’s going to get worse.”

How has Sweden handled coronavirus until now?
The most recent data shows Sweden reported its highest number of new cases yet on Friday 13 November, at 5,990. The country has had a total number of 177,355 cases since the pandemic began, with 6,164 deaths.
These figures show that Sweden compares unfavourably with its Nordic neighbours, though it has seen fewer cases and deaths per capita than some other European countries which enacted stricter measures, such as lockdowns.
Sweden has attracted much scrutiny for its coronavirus strategy, as it has relied much more on asking and encouraging the public to be mindful of distancing and hygiene best practices to minimise spread, rather than introducing legal restrictions.

You keep posting sensationalist articles but I just stick to the data and the science and here is what is actually happening.

New Study Highlights Alleged Accounting Error Regarding Covid Deaths

Ethan Yang
Ethan Yang

– November 26, 2020 Reading Time: 6 minutes

fourseasons-800x508.jpg

[Editor’s note: the article and video discussed below have been pulled by Johns Hopkins Newsletter. You can read the announcement here. The claims made by the professor will clearly require more investigation, as the announcement says. That said, AIER is publishing this in the interest of objective science and open discussion.]

At the time of this writing, the United States currently maintains the highest number of Covid-19 deaths and ranks 11th for the highest deaths per capita. There have been approximately 262,000 recorded Covid-19 deaths in the United States, which is certainly a concerning number.

However, a new study (link removed or site crashed but now available at Archive.org) published by Dr. Genevieve Briand at Johns Hopkins University notes some critical accounting errors done at the national level. The study – which is still being vetted – simply examines the raw data that should have been questioned months ago. The overall conclusion is that Covid-19, at least according to collected data, is not the killer disease that it is currently hyped up to be. AIER is not endorsing the study as is without further study, but we are interested in the argument being examined and discussed.

Viewing Covid-19 Deaths in Context

It is already well established that Covid-19 is a disease that is most dangerous to those over the age of 65 and who have preexisting conditions. In the United States, there has been an observed 2.1% mortality rate, with elderly individuals making up over half that number.

Young and healthy people are not by any significant capacity threatened by Covid-19.

One of the most important factors when it comes to Covid-19 is preventing excess death. According to the CDC,

“Estimates of excess deaths can provide information about the burden of mortality potentially related to the COVID-19 pandemic, including deaths that are directly or indirectly attributed to COVID-19. Excess deaths are typically defined as the difference between the observed numbers of deaths in specific time periods and expected numbers of deaths in the same time periods.”

Essentially, there is an average number of deaths every year due to a variety of causes that for the most part have remained constant through the years. This includes morbidities such as heart disease, which has long been the leading cause of death, and cancer, which has long plagued our existence. For Covid-19 to be a serious cause of alarm, it would need to significantly increase the number of average deaths.

However, according to the study,

“These data analyses suggest that in contrast to most people’s assumptions, the number of deaths by COVID-19 is not alarming. In fact, it has relatively no effect on deaths in the United States.”

Total deaths in the United States show no significant change and even mirror past trends of seasonal illness.

Screen-Shot-2020-11-26-at-11.22.32-AM-800x448.png
Source: CDC Data, Methodology Included in this Video

According to this graph constructed using data provided by the CDC from the last 6 years, total deaths have remained relatively constant and increases can be explained by various factors such as a larger population. The spikes in deaths in 2020 are consistent with historical trends, only topping 2018 by 11,292 deaths. There have been over 262,000 deaths attributed to Covid-19 in the United States, yet total deaths have not increased in any alarming capacity; they have only mirrored existing trends. In short, according to 6 years of data collected by the CDC, Covid-19 has not led to any significant increase in deaths.

Diving Deeper

What is even more interesting if not more alarming is that the spike in recorded Covid-19 deaths seen in 2020 has coincided with a proportional decrease in death from other diseases.

Yanni Gu writes

“This suggests, according to Briand, that the COVID-19 death toll is misleading. Briand believes that deaths due to heart diseases, respiratory diseases, influenza and pneumonia may instead be recategorized as being due to COVID-19.”

Deaths have remained relatively constant, yet reported deaths due to deadly conditions such as heart disease have fallen while reported Covid deaths have risen. This suggests that the current Covid death count is in some capacity relabeled deaths due to other ailments. According to the graph, reported Covid deaths even overtook heart disease as the main cause of death at one point, which should raise suspicion.

This aligns with many other well-established facts about the virus, such as those with comorbidities are the most at risk. According to the CDC, about 94% of Covid deaths occur with comorbidities. This suggests that it could be possible that a large number of deaths could have been mainly due to more serious ailments such as heart disease but categorized as a Covid-19 death, a far less lethal disease.

Screen-Shot-2020-11-26-at-12.52.06-PM-800x535.png
Source: John Hopkins News-Letter, provided by Genevieve Briand

According to this graph provided by the study, deaths labeled under Covid-19 increased while deaths labeled under others decreased. It is important to note that this sample only applies to the month of April as the author notes these were the weeks with the highest reported deaths. Gu writes

“The CDC classified all deaths that are related to COVID-19 simply as COVID-19 deaths. Even patients dying from other underlying diseases but are infected with COVID-19 count as COVID-19 deaths. This is likely the main explanation as to why COVID-19 deaths drastically increased while deaths by all other diseases experienced a significant decrease…

“If [the COVID-19 death toll] was not misleading at all, what we should have observed is an increased number of heart attacks and increased COVID-19 numbers. But a decreased number of heart attacks and all the other death causes doesn’t give us a choice but to point to some misclassification,” Briand replied.”

Furthermore, Briand’s research notes that the percentage of death has remained relatively constant through all age groups. Covid death statistics seem to mirror the normal distribution of death amongst age groups, further lending credence to the argument that many Covid deaths are recategorized deaths.

Screen-Shot-2020-11-26-at-12.59.15-PM-800x445.png

Briand provides this graph constructed from CDC data that shows that deaths amongst various age groups have remained relatively constant.

By simply looking at the raw data presented by the CDC Gu writes that

“All of this points to no evidence that COVID-19 created any excess deaths. Total death numbers are not above normal death numbers. We found no evidence to the contrary,” Briand concluded.
What Do We Do With This Information?

Briand and likely many others suppose that the extreme emphasis on Covid-19 has led to the unintended classification of the disease as the cause of death. She further stresses that although this data challenges the idea that Covid is an unprecedented and lethal disease, we should still be concerned with mitigating death in general.

However, it is clear that this significant accounting error regarding Covid deaths, if true, is not productive. It has caused mass hysteria and misinformed public policy. Closing down communities to fight a virus that according to the data, has had no significant contribution to total deaths, reduces our overall capacity to build a healthy society.

Lockdowns have resulted in severe damage to our capacity to improve the general health of society. From the catastrophic economic damage that lowers the standard of living for everyone to surgeries being deemed “unessential,” our current policies are not helping in preventing deaths in general; they are likely leading to more. Suicides and substance abuse are up, mental and physical health are down, all due to lockdowns.

The late Dr. Donald Henderson, who led the eradication of smallpox, noted in 2006 that

“Experience has shown that communities faced with epidemics or other adverse events respond best and with the least anxiety when the normal social functioning of the community is least disrupted.”

The hysteria over Covid-19 has likely led to the alleged accounting error noted in Briand’s study, the reclassification of expected deaths from all causes into Covid deaths. That accounting error has likely led to a number of policy decisions that have drastically crippled our ability to support the general welfare of society, economically, socially, and spiritually. Going forward these findings should give us pause and reconsideration over the threat Covid-19 actually poses and realize how much avoidable damage we have done to ourselves as a result.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
U may have to eat ur words if they decided to.

I base my inputs on the science and the data. I don't have to sell papers or attract viewers to fund my website so I am at liberty to tell it exactly as it is. On the other hand the news organisations are in a desperate fight to survive so of course they feed the fear factor.

There is nothing to worry about as far as Covid is concerned.

kiketerm

Alfrescian
Loyal
You keep posting sensationalist articles but I just stick to the data and the science and here is what is actually happening.

New Study Highlights Alleged Accounting Error Regarding Covid Deaths

Ethan Yang
Ethan Yang

– November 26, 2020 Reading Time: 6 minutes

fourseasons-800x508.jpg

[Editor’s note: the article and video discussed below have been pulled by Johns Hopkins Newsletter. You can read the announcement here. The claims made by the professor will clearly require more investigation, as the announcement says. That said, AIER is publishing this in the interest of objective science and open discussion.]

At the time of this writing, the United States currently maintains the highest number of Covid-19 deaths and ranks 11th for the highest deaths per capita. There have been approximately 262,000 recorded Covid-19 deaths in the United States, which is certainly a concerning number.

However, a new study (link removed or site crashed but now available at Archive.org) published by Dr. Genevieve Briand at Johns Hopkins University notes some critical accounting errors done at the national level. The study – which is still being vetted – simply examines the raw data that should have been questioned months ago. The overall conclusion is that Covid-19, at least according to collected data, is not the killer disease that it is currently hyped up to be. AIER is not endorsing the study as is without further study, but we are interested in the argument being examined and discussed.

Viewing Covid-19 Deaths in Context

It is already well established that Covid-19 is a disease that is most dangerous to those over the age of 65 and who have preexisting conditions. In the United States, there has been an observed 2.1% mortality rate, with elderly individuals making up over half that number.

Young and healthy people are not by any significant capacity threatened by Covid-19.

One of the most important factors when it comes to Covid-19 is preventing excess death. According to the CDC,

Essentially, there is an average number of deaths every year due to a variety of causes that for the most part have remained constant through the years. This includes morbidities such as heart disease, which has long been the leading cause of death, and cancer, which has long plagued our existence. For Covid-19 to be a serious cause of alarm, it would need to significantly increase the number of average deaths.

However, according to the study,

Total deaths in the United States show no significant change and even mirror past trends of seasonal illness.

Screen-Shot-2020-11-26-at-11.22.32-AM-800x448.png
Source: CDC Data, Methodology Included in this Video

According to this graph constructed using data provided by the CDC from the last 6 years, total deaths have remained relatively constant and increases can be explained by various factors such as a larger population. The spikes in deaths in 2020 are consistent with historical trends, only topping 2018 by 11,292 deaths. There have been over 262,000 deaths attributed to Covid-19 in the United States, yet total deaths have not increased in any alarming capacity; they have only mirrored existing trends. In short, according to 6 years of data collected by the CDC, Covid-19 has not led to any significant increase in deaths.

Diving Deeper

What is even more interesting if not more alarming is that the spike in recorded Covid-19 deaths seen in 2020 has coincided with a proportional decrease in death from other diseases.

Yanni Gu writes

Deaths have remained relatively constant, yet reported deaths due to deadly conditions such as heart disease have fallen while reported Covid deaths have risen. This suggests that the current Covid death count is in some capacity relabeled deaths due to other ailments. According to the graph, reported Covid deaths even overtook heart disease as the main cause of death at one point, which should raise suspicion.

This aligns with many other well-established facts about the virus, such as those with comorbidities are the most at risk. According to the CDC, about 94% of Covid deaths occur with comorbidities. This suggests that it could be possible that a large number of deaths could have been mainly due to more serious ailments such as heart disease but categorized as a Covid-19 death, a far less lethal disease.

Screen-Shot-2020-11-26-at-12.52.06-PM-800x535.png
Source: John Hopkins News-Letter, provided by Genevieve Briand

According to this graph provided by the study, deaths labeled under Covid-19 increased while deaths labeled under others decreased. It is important to note that this sample only applies to the month of April as the author notes these were the weeks with the highest reported deaths. Gu writes

Furthermore, Briand’s research notes that the percentage of death has remained relatively constant through all age groups. Covid death statistics seem to mirror the normal distribution of death amongst age groups, further lending credence to the argument that many Covid deaths are recategorized deaths.

Screen-Shot-2020-11-26-at-12.59.15-PM-800x445.png

Briand provides this graph constructed from CDC data that shows that deaths amongst various age groups have remained relatively constant.

By simply looking at the raw data presented by the CDC Gu writes that

What Do We Do With This Information?

Briand and likely many others suppose that the extreme emphasis on Covid-19 has led to the unintended classification of the disease as the cause of death. She further stresses that although this data challenges the idea that Covid is an unprecedented and lethal disease, we should still be concerned with mitigating death in general.

However, it is clear that this significant accounting error regarding Covid deaths, if true, is not productive. It has caused mass hysteria and misinformed public policy. Closing down communities to fight a virus that according to the data, has had no significant contribution to total deaths, reduces our overall capacity to build a healthy society.

Lockdowns have resulted in severe damage to our capacity to improve the general health of society. From the catastrophic economic damage that lowers the standard of living for everyone to surgeries being deemed “unessential,” our current policies are not helping in preventing deaths in general; they are likely leading to more. Suicides and substance abuse are up, mental and physical health are down, all due to lockdowns.

The late Dr. Donald Henderson, who led the eradication of smallpox, noted in 2006 that

The hysteria over Covid-19 has likely led to the alleged accounting error noted in Briand’s study, the reclassification of expected deaths from all causes into Covid deaths. That accounting error has likely led to a number of policy decisions that have drastically crippled our ability to support the general welfare of society, economically, socially, and spiritually. Going forward these findings should give us pause and reconsideration over the threat Covid-19 actually poses and realize how much avoidable damage we have done to ourselves as a result.

Errrr no, try again?

https://nationalpost.com/news/world...4-3d44b043bb1e/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Lockdown U-turn in Sweden as COVID-19 cases soar and herd immunity hopes falter
The strict measures come after chief epidemiologist Anders Tegnell conceded a first wave of coronavirus cases did not prevent a second

Chief epidemiologist Anders Tegnell of the Public Health Agency of Sweden appears on a screen as he speaks during a digital news conference updating on the coronavirus Covid-19 pandemic situation, in Stockholm, Sweden on November 17, 2020. PHOTO BY HENRIK MONTGOMERY/TT NEWS AGENCY/AFP
STOCKHOLM — Sweden, whose unorthodox pandemic strategy garnered global attention, has registered 15,084 new coronavirus cases since Friday, Health Agency statistics showed on Tuesday.

The number comes after Sweden hit a new daily record of 5,990 new cases last Friday, with the number of people testing positive rising by about 50 per cent a week.

Sweden’s total number of cases stands at 177,355, while deaths are at 6,225, according to the World Health Organization.

In an open letter Friday, 27 Swedish scientists and doctors warned the country could soon approach the sort of numbers in intensive care seen in the spring and called on party leaders to override the Health Agency and introduce tougher restrictions.

On Monday, Sweden’s prime minister Stefan Löfven obliged, announcing much stricter coronavirus measures to dampen the surge in cases and deaths.

Sweden is to limit gatherings in the country to a maximum of eight people, in what Lofven described as “an extremely interventionist measure which has no equivalent in modern times”.

The harsher measures begin on November 24:

• The limit on public gatherings is cut from 50 people to eight and applies to events such as concerts and sports matches. Those arranging public events exceeding eight people now face fines or even imprisonment.
  • Restaurants are restricted to a maximum of eight diners per table.
  • Schools, workplaces, and private gatherings are exempt from the ban but Löfven urged Swedes to adhere to the new eight-person limit.

On Monday, Sweden’s prime minister Stefan Löfven obliged, announcing much stricter coronavirus measures to dampen the surge in cases and deaths.

Sweden is to limit gatherings in the country to a maximum of eight people, in what Lofven described as “an extremely interventionist measure which has no equivalent in modern times”.

The harsher measures begin on November 24:

• The limit on public gatherings is cut from 50 people to eight and applies to events such as concerts and sports matches. Those arranging public events exceeding eight people now face fines or even imprisonment.
  • Restaurants are restricted to a maximum of eight diners per table.
  • Schools, workplaces, and private gatherings are exempt from the ban but Löfven urged Swedes to adhere to the new eight-person limit.

1606441203920.png

“This is the new norm for the whole of society and the whole of Sweden,” Lofven said. “Do not go to the gym, do not go to the library, do not have dinner parties, do not have parties. Just cancel it.”

The new limits are initially expected to apply for four weeks, but in a press release the government said it was ready to extend the recommendation over Christmas and the new year if necessary.

The harsher measures Monday come after Sweden’s chief epidemiologist Anders Tegnell conceded the country is experiencing a second surge in coronavirus cases despite his expectation that the first wave would forestall a second.

Immunity to COVID-19 in Sweden is likely lower than previously estimated, Tegnell said last Thursday, as daily deaths in the disease rose to their highest level in months.

“I don’t think the definition is that important, but we see community spread in many regions simultaneously right now,” Tegnell told a news conference.

That remark stands in contrast to his expectation in May.

“In the autumn, there will be a second wave,” Tegnell had said. “Sweden will have a high level of immunity and the number of cases will probably be quite low.”

Tegnell played down hopes that Sweden’s severe spring outbreak of the virus might offer sizable protection through widespread immunity, saying the number of undetected infections had likely been lower than previously believed.

While Health Agency officials have stressed so-called herd immunity, where enough people in a population have developed immunity to an infection to effectively stop the disease from spreading, has never been a goal, it has been mentioned as a possible boon of Sweden’s strategy.
The country’s public health agency began rolling out “general local recommendations” to the most hard-hit regions from the middle of last month, but LenaHallengren, Sweden’s health minister, said that the recommendations, which were far-reaching but not backed by law, had not been sufficiently widely followed.
“Over recent weeks, the recommendations have been sharpened and strong measures have been taken. Despite this, behaviour has not yet changed enough to turn the direction of the development,” she said.
“The curves are still going in the wrong direction.”
The new measures should not be interpreted as being the beginning of a hard lockdown of the sort in place in Britain, Lofven said. “We do not believe in a total lockdown, we believe that the measures we are putting in place are the right ones,” he said.
With files from Reuters and the Daily Telegraph
VIEW ON NATIONAL POST
1606441203920.png

kiketerm

Alfrescian
Loyal
I base my inputs on the science and the data. I don't have to sell papers or attract viewers to fund my website so I am at liberty to tell it exactly as it is. On the other hand the news organisations are in a desperate fight to survive so of course they feed the fear factor.

There is nothing to worry about as far as Covid is concerned.

No not at all. Just dead people. Try again?

Enkfu5TXcAAuTz5.jpg

EnwOMxcWMAk51qJ.jpg

EnwOMxbXUAQ44a7.jpg