• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$20K reached, thank you!

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSJ election track record:

1992 Marine Parade: 25%
1997 MacPherson: 35%
2001 Jurong: 20%
2006 Disqualified

Disqualified from standing (by his own fault and antics) and barred from rally speaking. Does he really matter? What matters are his proxies who will be standing. I accord them the courtesy of calling them proxies, but they call others who disagree with them poodles and lackeys. There's only one way that I can vote for people like that, with my middle finger. :oIo:

iFARKurMADER

Alfrescian
Loyal

2006 Disqualified

Disqualified from standing (by his own fault and antics) and barred from rally speaking. Does he really matter? What matters are his proxies who will be standing. I accord them the courtesy of calling them proxies, but they call others who disagree with them poodles and lackeys. There's only one way that I can vote for people like that, with my middle finger. :oIo:

vote for PAP pls, for more good years.

iFARKurMADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here we go again, not agreeing with SDP means voting for PAP? As if SDP is the only opposition around. I can always vote for another party or spoil my vote.

if PAP vs CHEE, you spoil your vote, its as good as voting for PAP.

if its 3 corner fights, its already a done deal, PAP won

miketbh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you still remember him shouting at the hawker centre, "WHERE IS THE MONEY?"

Can see so clearly ! So bright !

Like i said in my early , most straight away can identify with dr chee's evilness and craziness. Straight away know that he is about to destroy the country.

The tens of laywers representing ministers and mp sueing him, ISD people meeting him, and the taxman with a special mission raid is home , is just cool as passing wind.

First wife 40 billion (ie half time unaudited, never ever transparent) loss on wallstreet game, is dont know what ? Anybody knows? not on tv. Bunch of peanuts maybe ?

Dreamer1, yes 90% plus percent is kids.The biggest desperation is us .

Can you now see it and turn siao with me and vote for the siao lang like dr chee? :biggrin:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
with due respect, have you ever wondered why there are so little oppositions in singapore? and why so MANY people cant wait to jump to a tea session with our PM to join the PAP? dun talk about the GRC system, dun talk about the deposits, dun talk about biased media, dun talk about sueing your pants off when you speak your mind...it's people whom they try to help actually makes fun of them?

Have you ever thought why these pple whom the opposition like Chee wants to help makes fun of them while others like Chiam and Low have enjoyed relative success for so many years?

Could it simply be *gasp* becoz the voters do not agree with Chee's antics. The stunts that he pulls the things that he talks about. Have it ever occur to you(it never seems like it ever occurred to Chee anyway) that voters won't like stunts like this and it has little to nothing to do with the government doing anything to him?

I stated this before(in this thread I think), Chee doesn't get it. There will always be a group of pple voting against the government no matter what. These are the same group of pple who would be "impressed" with his protest or conspiracy theories. These are also the group of pple whom he shouldn't even be trying to win over since they will vote for him no matter what.

The neutral voters are the ones whom he needs to win over, and who unfortunately are also the ones who thinks he is a joke. Just randomly pick a handful of pple on the street and ask their opinion of Chee and most would say the same thing. Why? Coz they do not agree with what he is doing.

I do not believe in using the excuse of PAP having a stranglehold on the media as an excuse, Chiam and Low have learned to use it to their advantage. Even during the last election, WP was able to use the James Gomez saga, an obvious stunt by the ruling party to put a bad name on WP to their advantage and did very well in the GRC that they contested in

Winning the election is not just about shouting out what you are fighting for, and making a lot of noise. Like I said earlier, it boils down to a simple popularity contest. Chee doesn't get what the public wants while Chiam and Low does, which is why the latter 2 gets elected and the former doesn't

and maybe my friends are all different from yours, they are either politically "cold" OR they think Chee raised many good points, just not in the popular way.

Like I stated above, Chee doesn't get it. He doesn't understand what the voter wants. It's like he just surrounds himself with like minded pple, Jokers like Uncle Yap, pple who think like him and he lose touch with the average guy on the street.

of course, PAP ministers can do the job, but the point is are they doing it for you??? they are efficient, but what happens to the saving from the efficency?
are you even thinking that they are doing to job to SERVE you? and not to SCREW you?

political reforms are not formed overnight, but you have to start somewhere, and i said before, why it must be now...we are going to be the minority soon.

you can wait till you have PRC all around you then you start the long process for political reform, but sorry, I can't.

The extraordinary event of pple rising up in mass protest against a government changing it overnight happens when they are in such desperate situation that a large proportion of the population are jobless, no roof over their heads, having problems putting food on the table.

In SG, how many pple actually have problems with any of those. FTs or no FTs, we have >3% jobless rate, closer to 5% at the height of the global economy crisis while most countries would be happy to reach 5% in a good year. The number of homeless pple is almost negligible. And when was the last time you ever heard of anyone staving to death? In SG, more pple probably have the problem of deciding where to go eat wind for their next vacation then to put food on their table. A popular uprising of the sort we are witnessing in the middle east isn't going to happen here anytime soon.

Can we wait for years before the political reforms takes place, I think the question should be do we have a choice. 2 things can happen during this time, the opposition parties finally figure out how to launch a real challenge against the ruling party or the ruling party screws up the country so bad that pple will take to the streets on their own accord

Balllessme

Alfrescian
Loyal

2006 Disqualified

So if Chee stay put in MacPherson... he might stand a chance issit?
Provided he dun kanna arrested leh:biggrin:

iFARKurMADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you ever thought why these pple whom the opposition like Chee wants to help makes fun of them while others like Chiam and Low have enjoyed relative success for so many years?

Could it simply be *gasp* becoz the voters do not agree with Chee's antics. The stunts that he pulls the things that he talks about. Have it ever occur to you(it never seems like it ever occurred to Chee anyway) that voters won't like stunts like this and it has little to nothing to do with the government doing anything to him?

I stated this before(in this thread I think), Chee doesn't get it. There will always be a group of pple voting against the government no matter what. These are the same group of pple who would be "impressed" with his protest or conspiracy theories. These are also the group of pple whom he shouldn't even be trying to win over since they will vote for him no matter what.

The neutral voters are the ones whom he needs to win over, and who unfortunately are also the ones who thinks he is a joke. Just randomly pick a handful of pple on the street and ask their opinion of Chee and most would say the same thing. Why? Coz they do not agree with what he is doing.

I do not believe in using the excuse of PAP having a stranglehold on the media as an excuse, Chiam and Low have learned to use it to their advantage. Even during the last election, WP was able to use the James Gomez saga, an obvious stunt by the ruling party to put a bad name on WP to their advantage and did very well in the GRC that they contested in

Winning the election is not just about shouting out what you are fighting for, and making a lot of noise. Like I said earlier, it boils down to a simple popularity contest. Chee doesn't get what the public wants while Chiam and Low does, which is why the latter 2 gets elected and the former doesn't

Like I stated above, Chee doesn't get it. He doesn't understand what the voter wants. It's like he just surrounds himself with like minded pple, Jokers like Uncle Yap, pple who think like him and he lose touch with the average guy on the street.

The extraordinary event of pple rising up in mass protest against a government changing it overnight happens when they are in such desperate situation that a large proportion of the population are jobless, no roof over their heads, having problems putting food on the table.

In SG, how many pple actually have problems with any of those. FTs or no FTs, we have >3% jobless rate, closer to 5% at the height of the global economy crisis while most countries would be happy to reach 5% in a good year. The number of homeless pple is almost negligible. And when was the last time you ever heard of anyone staving to death? In SG, more pple probably have the problem of deciding where to go eat wind for their next vacation then to put food on their table. A popular uprising of the sort we are witnessing in the middle east isn't going to happen here anytime soon.

Can we wait for years before the political reforms takes place, I think the question should be do we have a choice. 2 things can happen during this time, the opposition parties finally figure out how to launch a real challenge against the ruling party or the ruling party screws up the country so bad that pple will take to the streets on their own accord

you are entitled to your own opinions on chee, but like what i always say before, if you spoil your vote, dun ever complain about life in singapore.

singapore will never be screwed up, because it's the PAP's company. it's the singaporeans that will get screwed. i am glad your friends around you all have a good life, i am happy for them.

my office is filling up with india indians, china prcs more and more every month, and surprisingly, the pantry auntie is a singaporean, the security guard is a singaporean, and everyday at the rubbish collecter point, a old woman comes to look for cans, she speaks hokkien, so i am assuming she is a singaporean.

I have never said singapore done badly, in face, singapore did well, but who cares when our quality of life do not follow the economy growth? maybe yours did, your friends' did, but what i have seen is more and more PRCs coming to take up jobs which singaporeans want, more and more young couples cannot afford a HDB flat, more and more billions just disappear in thin air in some funny investments, and CPF gets harder and harder to withdraw.

you have time, i don't

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have never said singapore done badly, in face, singapore did well, but who cares when our quality of life do not follow the economy growth? maybe yours did, your friends' did, but what i have seen is more and more PRCs coming to take up jobs which singaporeans want, more and more young couples cannot afford a HDB flat, more and more billions just disappear in thin air in some funny investments, and CPF gets harder and harder to withdraw.

you have time, i don't

I just remember an article that SDP came up with a while back(check their website) to try to point out that someone earning median income pay(2.5K) cannot support a family here. Instead they ended up proving that someone earning median income pay can in fact support a family of 3 and if we throw in the fact that in SG both parents usually work, that effectively means that someone earning the median pay(2.5K * 2 working adults) a month = can afford flat, kids, maid, go eat wind every year and still have money left over to put in the bank.

Therein lies the problem, quality of the opposition. It is so easy to point out that SG with it's high cost of living, the population cannot keep up. However instead of doing that they showed the opposite. The quality of their own arguments published on their own website shows run contrary to what they preach. How then can you expect the public to show support for them when they can't even get their own public articles right?

What use would it be to vote pple of this caliber into Parliament? So that the can make the ruling party look good by posting stupid questions during parliament sessions?

The good ones who gets voted in have shown that they have the capacity to make the ruling party look stupid, even the one that didn't get voted in(Sylvia Lim) have consistently done so over the past couple of years. This is why they are incumbent and this is why pple vote them in, the voters know they have quality. Unfortunately the same cannot be said of many other opposition members who consistently make a fool of themselves in public without even trying.

It's not about what you are fighting for, it's how you present yourself that is more important when it comes to elections

iFARKurMADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just remember an article that SDP came up with a while back(check their website) to try to point out that someone earning median income pay(2.5K) cannot support a family here. Instead they ended up proving that someone earning median income pay can in fact support a family of 3 and if we throw in the fact that in SG both parents usually work, that effectively means that someone earning the median pay(2.5K * 2 working adults) a month = can afford flat, kids, maid, go eat wind every year and still have money left over to put in the bank.

Therein lies the problem, quality of the opposition. It is so easy to point out that SG with it's high cost of living, the population cannot keep up. However instead of doing that they showed the opposite. The quality of their own arguments published on their own website shows run contrary to what they preach. How then can you expect the public to show support for them when they can't even get their own public articles right?

What use would it be to vote pple of this caliber into Parliament? So that the can make the ruling party look good by posting stupid questions during parliament sessions?

The good ones who gets voted in have shown that they have the capacity to make the ruling party look stupid, even the one that didn't get voted in(Sylvia Lim) have consistently done so over the past couple of years. This is why they are incumbent and this is why pple vote them in, the voters know they have quality. Unfortunately the same cannot be said of many other opposition members who consistently make a fool of themselves in public without even trying.

It's not about what you are fighting for, it's how you present yourself that is more important when it comes to elections

i understand now, its little wonder why Tay Ping Hui gets recruited by the PAP.

if this is the kind of people you want to see in the parliament, then yes, i urged you not even vote for SYlvia, vote for the PAP pls.

Sylvia is also a very poor actress.

iFARKurMADER

Alfrescian
Loyal

is this the article you are referring to? this seems to be the closest to what you described

http://yoursdp.org/index.php/news/singapore/4198-cost-of-iving-must-be-lowered

miketbh

Alfrescian
Loyal
so 40 billion loss mean what ?

Mean someone need to pay up lah !

Who pay ?

Daft lah! who ?

see cpf withdrawal just extended or not ? why ?
no money there already lah how to pay out ?

Singaporean should have insist an audit when ong teng chong ask for it again.
We are just too kiddy.