• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$20.5b Resilience Package

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Once again, when you cannot argue, you start to get ur dick up your mouth. If you are not that smart to deal with intelligence, then pls dun disgrace yourself.

Why PAP hire pple like this?

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you admit that sinkieland is a 3rd world country, then why your master want to tell the world that sinkieland is first world when they themselves aren't first world.

Since you no longer singaporean, then its life and death got no concern with you, why you keep harping sinkie here sinkie there. You still have ties with singapore ah?

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
tharman can cut out the crap shit....all i want to know is, is there any free money for me to go GL and kio kway???

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once again, when you cannot argue, you start to get ur dick up your mouth. If you are not that smart to deal with intelligence, then pls dun disgrace yourself.

I can get my dick into your mouth. But as to shoving my own dick into my mouth, you have to show me how you shove your own dick into your own mouth. :biggrin:

Rakyat

Alfrescian
Loyal
HDB grants up by $10,000

FIRST time Housing Board flat buyers will get $10,000 more in grants from the current $30,000.

The monthly household ceiling for eligibility to buy HDB flats will also be raised from $4,000 to $5,000.

To help the poor cope with the recession, the monthly public assistance rate will be increased by $30 to $360, while the pension rate for government pensioners will go up by $20 a month to $240.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Any guarantees that these billions thrown at businesses will trickle down to the Muthu, Ah Seng and Mohammad?

I dun think so, just another way of using money to make them look useful. They run the country for so many years and pple are still as sinkie as ever.

This is due to the fact of too much control in the media and regulations of all things unnecessary.

samurai1110

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only know how to kao peh kao bu. Please give your parents a longer life for goodness sake :rolleyes:

A: I give you an egg.
B: Why the egg so small?

A: I don't think I should give you an egg.
B: nb, why aren't you giving me any egg?

A: I give you a big egg.
B: You give me a big egg also no point.

A: I give you many eggs.
B: You should have fuckin done that long ago.

A: I give you these eggs.
B: Excuse me, these eggs are supposed to be mine, not yours.

A: I give you this tasty egg.
B: eh Hello, how come inside got a bone?

Actually why bother with this 'bloody loser'? He can't make it here and being very bitter this loser is always 'pouring cold water' on the good work done here by our govt and people of Singapore.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Rakyat

Alfrescian
Loyal
20% personal tax rebates
SINGAPORE has announced personal income tax rebates of 20 per cent, capped at $2,000.

Announcing this, Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam told Singapore's parliament that this will cost the government a total of $457 million for FY 2009.

To support families in this current economic downturn, the government is also doubling the GST credits that households will receive in 2009.

It will spend $580 million in total with an immediate GST credit handout on March 1st. This will be on top of the allocation of GST credits already planned for in July.

Further, he announced additional rebates to Housing Board service and conservancy (S&C) and rental charges to relieve household spending.

One- to three-room HDB flat owners will get bonus rebates of one to three months; larger flats will receive one to two months; while eligible rental flats will receive a one-month rental rebate.

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
40% property rebates

OWNERS of commercial and industrial properties will get a 40 per cent rebate this year.

Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam on Thursday urged landlords to pass this rebate to their tenants and also make it easier for them to pay their rentals.

He said the Singapore Land Authority, Housing Board and Jurong Town Corporation will also give 15 per cent rebate to their tenants for the year of assessment this year.

so 40% goes to the GLC while tenants only get a 15% deduction?

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
The budget...my judgment will come later. For now though I do believe that if you want to restore confidence in the system, then you need to restore trust, and to do that you need accountability and you have to be transparent because of that.

Until the government does that extensively, there will be some questions asked by some people on the effectiveness of this budget.

sin7422

I think the budget provides incentive to the economic system to reduce the impact of the crisis, especially the idea of paying 12% of the first $2500 (:rolleyes:), it might help to create jobs whereby more companies might move their operation to Sg....:wink:

yibrai

Alfrescian
Loyal
As expected, all the guests on CNA's coverage of the budget speech have only praises for the budget.

Totally what i expected. btw, melissa yak looks better yesterday.

PAP_Die-hard_Fan

Alfrescian
Loyal
You fucking fucktard! The government has already done all these shit to help us and you still motherfucking kpkb. WTF you expect government to do? Go to your fucking house and spoon feed you every day then you satisfy? Fucking boneless fucktard!

Everything govt create this , create that. Just like those 3rd world communist.

Please lah.. Let the pple have the freedom to do things themselves lah. YOu think pple are stupid is it, but of course in sinkie context, it sure is. There are still some quality ones, even though many have emigrated.

PAP_Die-hard_Fan

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need to fucking reason things out with fucktard like him. He is still a motherfucking baby that needs the government to spoon feed him everyday!

Only know how to kao peh kao bu. Please give your parents a longer life for goodness sake :rolleyes:

A: I give you an egg.
B: Why the egg so small?

A: I don't think I should give you an egg.
B: nb, why aren't you giving me any egg?

A: I give you a big egg.
B: You give me a big egg also no point.

A: I give you many eggs.
B: You should have fuckin done that long ago.

A: I give you these eggs.
B: Excuse me, these eggs are supposed to be mine, not yours.

A: I give you this tasty egg.
B: eh Hello, how come inside got a bone?

Rakyat

Alfrescian
Loyal
1st-time reserve drawn-down
SINGAPORE'S government is seeking for the first time to fund its fiscal plans from its savings.

Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam said the government plans to spend $4.9 billion on two new anti-recessionary measures, a jobs credit scheme and Special Risk-Sharing Initiative, to be introduced this year.

Unveiling a $20.5 billion Resilience Package, he told Parliament that the president had given in-principle approval for an actual draw on past reserves.

In past years, the government had refrained from doing so. Mr Tharman said the government had made its case to the president and his advisors based on the 'extraordinary' circumstances.

He added that the $4.9 billion is earmarked for the two temporary measures. Of the $4.9 billion, $1.1 billion of the reserve spending will be incurred in FY 2008; the remaining $3.8 billion is to be spent in FY 2009.

He emphasised that the Singapore government will not be borrowing to fund its budget needs - a move which other governments have undertaken to the detriment of their sovereign credit ratings.

'We have substantial reserves for Singapore, well in excess of our liabilities,' Mr Tharman said. 'They are a valuable asset for us in responding to this unprecedented crisis.'

The government has refrained from dipping into its reserves when it ran budget deficits previously.

The assets have been 'painstakingly accumulated' and shouldn't be squandered on wasteful programs, then Prime Minister Goh Chok Tong told parliament in 1999.