• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat 2 top JC students (RJC) commit suicide

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
The biggest challenges are those played out behind the scenes.

Singapore is a successful nation against all odds and it is because the leadership does not shy away from making hard decisions and dealing with major issues that would swamp lesser mortals.

against all ODDS ?

what are the odds u talking about ?

sillypoore is a successful nation due to favorable circumstances

it is surrounded by lazy corrupted neighbours ,it had an existing good infrastructure of roads and port developed by british
and there were no shortage of workers as migrants poured in from china , india.

it is against all odd if you want to believe that it began as a fishing village and mostly swampy area with nothing.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
it is against all odd if you want to believe that it began as a fishing village and mostly swampy area with nothing.

When I was young Singapore was nothing more than swampland. It was the PAP that turned it into the jewel that it is today.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
During our time, I never really understood what was the big deal about exams. It was just something we had to go through. Only started intensive studying 2 weeks before the exams. And we would all be laughing at how we farked it up after each paper. I was prepared to repeat after each final year exam. No big deal.

Fast forward 25 years later. I'm a boss of a company with degree holders working for me. What education? :kma:

Fortunately I'm from the transitional generation. A time when LKY had not gained total power. Where the old guard was still around to keep LKY in check.

Many from the older generation still revere LKY. These people overlook the fact that it was Sporeans who paid a high price for Spore's success: the latch key generation, years lost to NS, income taken away by the CPF scheme, the authorities suppressing wages, pressure on ourselves & children.....

LKY also created a stratified society, a class system in Spore : the "lesser mortal", elites and the expat.

Paying this high price might have been worthwhile if it had improved our lifes, but if life Spore is so great then why there so many suicides & people lwho want to emigrate :confused:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Many from the older generation still revere LKY. These people overlook the fact that it was Sporeans who paid a high price for Spore's success: the latch key generation, years lost to NS, income taken away by the CPF scheme, the authorities suppressing wages, pressure on ourselves & children.....

LKY also created a stratified society, a class system in Spore : the "lesser mortal", elites and the expat.

Paying this high price might have been worthwhile if it had improved our lifes, but if life Spore is so great then why there so many suicides & people lwho want to emigrate :confused:

LKY improved my life beyond my wildest dreams. Without him I would not have been able to retire at such a young age.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
How stupid can sinkies get?

to kill himself over studies???

their parents must be sinkie dumbfucks. They should not be allowed to procreate.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
While I pumped in a lot of money into my kids' tuition and enrichment, I told them that if they screwed up in the singapore system, I would send them to study in Australia along with the other losers who can't cope with our system. So my kids don't have any good reason to up the lorry simply because they didn't get all their straight 'A's.

Fortunately for me, both my kids are doing fine in school..

Hi Sir, just curious if they did not perform as expected and you sent them to auz along with other losers, how would you position yourself in this forum after this action ?

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree. In some cases, they have no one to turn to.

Its most important, the family, especially the parents must stress to their kids, try as they must, give them all the help they need and encourage them.

I have noticed, in today's family context, the parents are out late working, hence their teenage kids have no one to talk to, in the event they need help or a listening ear. It's interesting to note that parents sometimes can't even hold a good conversation with their kids......

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Its most important, the family, especially the parents must stress to their kids, try as they must, give them all the help they need and encourage them.

I have noticed, in today's family context, the parents are out late working, hence their teenage kids have no one to talk to, in the event they need help or a listening ear. It's interesting to note that parents sometimes can't even hold a good conversation with their kids......

My parents never provided a listening ear. All they did was belt me if I did not live up to expectations.

It was tough love but it worked wonders. I made me realise that the only person I can depend upon is myself. It was a life lesson that has stood the test of time.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fortunately I'm from the transitional generation. A time when LKY had not gained total power. Where the old guard was still around to keep LKY in check.

I do believe the suicide rates in Japan are much higher. People want to emigrate for a better life. What I do know is that Singaporeans, if they do want to emigrate, easily can sell their hdb flat for 1/2 million and take out their cpf, maybe another 1/2 million dollars combined and moved to wherever they want.

Such is the possibility.........

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My parents never provided a listening ear. All they did was belt me if I did not live up to expectations.

It was tough love but it worked wonders. I made me realise that the only person I can depend upon is myself. It was a life lesson that has stood the test of time.

Life was tough in the 70s and 80s, at that point of time. A Uni paper was worth it's weight in gold. It's for your own good that they belt you.....

Nowadays, Uni papers are everywhere, it's not a panacea to the good life.....
It does not even guarantee a good job with the FTs coming in.......

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Life was tough in the 70s and 80s, at that point of time. A Uni paper was worth it's weight in gold. It's for your own good that they belt you.....

Nowadays, Uni papers are everywhere, it's not a panacea to the good life.....
It does not even guarantee a good job with the FTs coming in.......

You sound like someone whose ass has been screwed hard and now crying and moaning in pain.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i met one student crying over "one lousy b" after having 3 straight years of perfect "a's" and told him to wear that "b" as a badge of honor: b for badass and would score sympathy icebreakers with pretty chicks. he listened and went on to do medicine at stanford. perfection takes a backseat to pussies - the right way to prepare for college. :p
an intro to some bacchanalian delights and some backyard-grown pot for drunken orgies (cumma cum loud) and their education wud be complete - fuckin a!
There is a sorting out process for the dumb ones as well. They do jackass type stunts and kill themselves in the process.
agreed absolutely, the stunts that they perform on food panda bikes may oso cause delay-apart from this culling process :eek:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
against all ODDS ?

what are the odds u talking about ?

sillypoore is a successful nation due to favorable circumstances

it is surrounded by lazy corrupted neighbours ,it had an existing good infrastructure of roads and port developed by british
and there were no shortage of workers as migrants poured in from china , india.

There are many countries around the world with lots of favourable circumstances - mineral wealth, reserves, already developed. Many of them went on to squander their advantages and become broke and torn apart with civil war. They range from your usual basket-case African countries to new banana republics in Latin America to Balkan countries like Yugoslavia and even developed western countries like your PIIGS.

Singapore is a miracle story. We have no natural resources, insufficient water, surrounded by Islamic neighbours whose religion have a tradition of attacking non-Muslims, Communist threat, little industrialisation. Most sinkies are thankful for the late Ah Gong and his team of PAP Old Guards.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
SG students suicide has been ongoing for a long time. It is just that pap is hiding the truth.

The shocking truth is that it averages abt 1 suicide a day.

As long as pap denies that truth, schools, parents and students will not be handicapped to prevent suicides

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
SG students suicide has been ongoing for a long time. It is just that pap is hiding the truth.

The shocking truth is that it averages abt 1 suicide a day.

As long as pap denies that truth, schools, parents and students will not be handicapped to prevent suicides

The suicides won't stop even if the PAP is booted out. In fact the suicide rate will go up because Singaporean females will end up being prostitutes in order to feed their families.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
The suicides won't stop even if the PAP is booted out. In fact the suicide rate will go up because Singaporean females will end up being prostitutes in order to feed their families.

Many Singaporeans prostitute themselves now. Many undergraduates do that. Many working Singaporeans prostitute themselves. SG is in decline. It is just that SE media and pap refuse to report it. This is the same as TB, dengue, joblessness, homelessness, poverty. The pap denies the truth and hopes that foreigners dont know too.

There are many SG ladies who sleep around to feed their families now. It cant get much worse that this. Even SG guys are selling their bodies.

You are behind time.

If you want a SG gal, she is easily available. This is to the credit of LHL and pap. Look what damage they have done to SG

Last edited: