• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

2 SMRT staff dead in accident near Pasir Ris station

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
17:35

Happening now: SMRT press conference on this morning's accident

When asked why workers were doing maintenance work when the trains were operating, Mr Kuek said: "This is standard. Whenever there is a track fault, regardless if it is a revenue service or during engineering hours, we have to investigate."

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
17:42

SMRT press conference on this morning's accident

The press conference has ended. Mr Kuek and SMRT staff are going to visit the workers' families after the interview.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can the families of the dead sue SMRT should any negligence are found that caused the deaths?

SMRT is a listed company, unlike Mindef, hence no protection from being sued in court right?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So many people dying in Spore due to "honest mistakes". I predict more deaths as long as no one is held liable & kicked out.

For years Spore was run on auto & fortunately there were still some old timers in the system who knew their jobs. Unfortunately many have been made redundant & what you have now are the inexperienced being led by the clueless.:(

I expect more things to go wrong as long as the PAP is in charge because they seem more interested in playing politics than getting down to the nitty gritty of running the country.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
So many people dying in Spore due to "honest mistakes". I predict more deaths as long as no one is held liable & kicked out.

For years Spore was run on auto & fortunately there were still some old timers in the system who knew their jobs. Unfortunately many have been made redundant & what you have now are the inexperienced being led by the clueless.:(

I expect more things to go wrong as long as the PAP is in charge because they seem more interested in playing politics than getting down to the nitty gritty of running the country.

Yes Inexperienced led by the clueless. And everybody wants to play safe and be the nice guy with LAX attitude to the staff. Always must wait for people to die before a rush of remedial actions.

Last edited:

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal

I agreed. sinkieland is screwed. This is not new. For far too long we have lots of mistakes for past 10 years even fatal ones and nobody get punished even when lives are killed via negligence. Classic example is SAF cases when 1 commando was literraly drowned by water boarding and the three idiots supervising officers got away lightly. SAF is full of crap and they carry on thier arrogant style of management to public. another is the mas selamat incident. too many to list here. usual attitude is okay it happened just move on. and no or little punishment that why they say he who does not remember the past is condemned to repeat it. thats why LTA and SMRT is shits and full of crap. Punishment exists for a simple reason ie to make sure the offender is punished so painfully that he remembers his mistake and does not repeat it. but no in reality. they are given the message by all these stupid management gurus and top people that it is okay to make rmulitple repeat mistakes and no or little penalties. that's why the system is so cocked up and all the mistakes cannot be solved so long these incompetent people remains. when LKY was around, one mistake and out you go. He withstands no fools. Now that's why I salute and miss that guy.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Without office of Ombudsman
Lightning can continue to play taichi
Sinkies get the Gahbrament
They deserve not many know what
The fuck Ombudsman does
Use smart phone to watch soap opera

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ombudsman

[video=youtube;JZF-pTfDuUE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZF-pTfDuUE&index=6&list=UUHJ-Tru2OAhe9SdY_t9sVLg[/video]

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agreed. sinkieland is screwed. This is not new. For far too long we have lots of mistakes for past 10 years even fatal ones and nobody get punished even when lives are killed via negligence. Classic example is SAF cases when 1 commando was literraly drowned by water boarding and the three idiots supervising officers got away lightly. SAF is full of crap and they carry on thier arrogant style of management to public. another is the mas selamat incident. too many to list here. usual attitude is okay it happened just move on. and no or little punishment that why they say he who does not remember the past is condemned to repeat it. thats why LTA and SMRT is shits and full of crap. Punishment exists for a simple reason ie to make sure the offender is punished so painfully that he remembers his mistake and does not repeat it. but no in reality. they are given the message by all these stupid management gurus and top people that it is okay to make rmulitple repeat mistakes and no or little penalties. that's why the system is so cocked up and all the mistakes cannot be solved so long these incompetent people remains. when LKY was around, one mistake and out you go. He withstands no fools. Now that's why I salute and miss that guy.

LKY time if there r mishaps, nobody knows as they r not reported. Nothing to do with LKY. Just that there is no safety culture here. It's like that in the past and it's like that now. No change!

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SMRT press conference on accident 3

title of above video says SMRT trying to find out what happened!

while they're at why don't Sinkies try to find out why Ang Moh praises HK's public transport system yet HK civil serpents are paid a lot less than Sinkies' MiniSTARS ......... oh and tax on new cars is only 40% whereas with COE and what not it should be about 300% in Sinkieland .......... why? why? why?

[video=youtube;gsBQ7SRuHF0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsBQ7SRuHF0[/video]

jw5

Loyal
No sound from Khaw BW other than a pathetic facebook posting which referred to their "milestone" first and the tragedy second? :rolleyes:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I expect more things to go wrong as long as the PAP is in charge
because they seem more interested in playing politics than getting down to the nitty gritty of running the country.

absolutely agree and i am with you on this.

for a start, remove the non-performing scholars
and replace them with capable ones.

i recall a makan session with retired police officers. i was shocked when 2-3 expressed their opinion that the current CP should not be CP because his LMS not good enough and only OMS chaps can lead the spf. look at joo hee. oms. completely useless. look at boon hui. another idiot. i dare say wee teck will out-perform the previous 2 clowns.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
no CCTV footage ? according to news, both deceased first trip on the tracks, they were 2nd & 3rd person in a single file walking towards the junctions, train pulling in against their direction.

jw5

Loyal
botak tharman probably finding a stronger candidate to replace him.

Unfortunately his boss is not botak tharman but pinky, which is probably a lucky thing for the transport ministar cum coordinating ministar for infrastructure.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Luckily only two lowly technicians were killed. It's okay. No scholars or generals or directors were hurt. Sinkies can relax now.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Luckily only two lowly technicians were killed. It's okay. No scholars or generals or directors were hurt. Sinkies can relax now.

you are right.. public transport has been so unsafe that even anton casey son questioned those poor people taking them and the transport minister stayed away from it.