• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

2 Kangaroo Protesters happily hopped to jail

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like I said before, Shafie is in good company when it comes to criminal records of this nature.

We'll never know whether it's a mistake on his part or the government. What has he got to lose now that he has a criminal record to his name. Will it embolden him further to go even deeper?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tend to think it is the latter. I still think the so called "white stain" is no biggie under the circumstances just inflated and distorted by PAPs.

The observers can't figure out which screwed him - the stain or the disloyalty bid as Chiam was considered a champion for standing firm against the regime in the early years. .

Perhaps, but even dear old David was eventually co-opted by LKY when he was made ambassador to France. So much for being "rock solid".

His moral principles were however rock solid. During the Baling talks with Chin Peng, Marshall refused to yield on everything that was politically expedient. He however yielded on something that should not have been granted at all costs - allowing the communist party to be registered. This of course puzzled everyone. Thats principles to the letter.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have seen her write on SDP site prior to this. Also she has been involved in SDP matters. Now whether Dr Chee or anyone else had input, maybe, but does that really matter?

Btw I gather Kwa Geok Choo no less went stumping for PAP during the 1959 GE:wink:

he won't exploit his own speicies. if he does, then it just prove that he's a fake and a real mockery. he would however, continue to blainwash his followers. his wife is all along the passive quiet type. her sudden appearance seem quite uncanny.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tend to think it is the latter. I still think the so called "white stain" is no biggie under the circumstances just inflated and distorted by PAPs.

Any views on why he polls badly even amongst other opposition candidates. Do you think the polls are rigged?

Last edited:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the average Tan, Wong, Lim, Ahmad, Zainel, Muthu and Gerald appear to have long since made up their minds on Chee. To them it would appear that he is indeed a "cheat", "a backstabber" , a "troublemaker", "western stooge" and now perhaps even a "near social pyschopath". Probably nothing shall change their minds.

Perhaps what is of greater interest now and in the coming years is how generations x, y, z and beyond perceive Chee to be:wink:

PS For now at least I do not believe the polls have been rigged.

QUOTE]

Any views on why he polls badly even amongst other opposition candidates. Do you think the polls are rigged?

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

Just compare him to JBJ, both get into equal amounts of trouble but one is electable and the other not. one has given the PAP heart attacks at nearly but not quite winning GRCs, the the other well helps PAP ministers earn brownie points with LKY by scoring easy electoral victories.

The PAP will fling m&d, its a given from TLH to Andrew Kuan to James Gomez, the question is does the m&d stick and how much damage is self inflicted and how much is because of the m&d ?

Do read the memoirs of Subash Annan :_)) In his recollection as a criminal lawyer what stands out in my view was the help he gave JBJ in the case which went all the way to the privy council. His recollection was precise JBJ could have avoided losing his parliamentary seat by being disqualified if he had not challenged the initial guilty verdict and that was the advice given by a silk of that time. Protecting his parliamentary seat was more important than the rights and wrongs of the criminal case and the subsequent appeals all the way to the Privy council. Unfortunately he chose a differing route and the rest is political history :_)) Someone mentioned that he might have been afraid of the political damage from the guilty verdict but my view was that JB being JB would have had a fighting chance of winning his parliamentary seat despite the criminal conviction versus the certainty of disqualification if he had lost on appeal with a chance of a greater harsher sentence

Locke

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps what is of greater interest now and in the coming years is how generations x, y, z and beyond perceive Chee to be:wink:

PS For now at least I do not believe the polls have been rigged.
I thought that was my point, the older generation being conservative. Thus my question on possible rigging as I could not fathom any other reason for the poor showing.

The only difference I gather is not the labelling, just that the older generation tend to be conformist and see things in black and white where honesty and integrity were concerned.

If Chee kept closer to local needs, the younger generation will certainly vote for him just to spite the PAP which they regard as overbearing and out of touch with liberalism and the world as a whole. Unforunately he has taken himself out of the game.

The Govt/press is also focusing on Chee knowing that he is not longer a threat but that he appears better than WP and the others. And these chaps are not helping themselves in the first place.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes.
If Chee kept closer to local needs, the younger generation will certainly vote for him just to spite the PAP which they regard as overbearing and out of touch with liberalism and the world as a whole. Unforunately he has taken himself out of the game. .

Come to think of it you may have a point here. Needs a closer look.

The Govt/press is also focusing on Chee knowing that he is not longer a threat but that he appears better than WP and the others. And these chaps are not helping themselves in the first place.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

Just compare him to JBJ, both get into equal amounts of trouble but one is electable and the other not. one has given the PAP heart attacks at nearly but not quite winning GRCs, the the other well helps PAP ministers earn brownie points with LKY by scoring easy electoral victories.

The PAP will fling m&d, its a given from TLH to Andrew Kuan to James Gomez, the question is does the m&d stick and how much damage is self inflicted and how much is because of the m&d ?

Locke

I chose Marshall as I recalled that he badly wanted to be in politics but had little clue how to be a politician.

JBJ on the other hand was a politician but not much of a parlimentarian.

As for the PAP, mudslinging, character assasination, labelling, name calling is their forte and its seems a birthright. That is something anyone born after the 1970s would know very clearly. Note that Chiam, Low and Sylvia seem impervious to m&d. Then again the allegation of compliant opposition springs forth.

At the end of the day, one must ask the question - is replacing one thief for another going to help society or do we let the better qualified thief remain.

My approach is to make sure that one thief does not have a monopoly. The immediate goal is to reduce the number of seats held by one party. Thats politics and thats tactics.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY appears to have generally mastered the art of being able to push his opponents buttons to the extent that they would generally end up making their own mistakes which he would then latch onto to neutralise them, even from the start with Plen, Lim Chin Siong etc.

Things may start to get more interesting when the opponent does not jump to LKY's bait. However in Low, Chiam and Slyvia's cases we have yet to see much headway being made notwithstanding the bait being thrown back into the water.

Now as for Tan Kin Lian, I am wondering whether LKY is giving him enough rope to hang himself or shall TKL avoid the probable 'landmines' ahead?

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

I found JBJ a great parlimentarian when it came to issues close to his heart , less so on substantive policy issues. Devan Nair's comment on JB rang true when he told LKY that he could and would face down JB in parliament because he had no grasp of union and economic issues, LKY I believe to his discredit chose a differing path with his " hatchet."

Sad day isn't it for Singapore when only if m&d sticks can one be regarded as a true opposition.

I believe all politicians are " thiefs" but that we need a lot of " thiefs" to keep each other honest or as honest as possible.

Locke

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

I believe all politicians are " thiefs" but that we need a lot of " thiefs" to keep each other honest or as honest as possible.

Locke
Absolutely agree and the rallying cry of the Australian Democrats - "to keep the bastards honest". And they were no saints either.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY appears to have generally mastered the art of being able to push his opponents buttons to the extent that they would generally end up making their own mistakes which he would then latch onto to neutralise them, even from the start with Plen, Lim Chin Siong etc.
Excellent observation. Never give the despotic old man enough rope. The bastard will hang you with it.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Things may start to get more interesting when the opponent does not jump to LKY's bait. However in Low, Chiam and Slyvia's cases we have yet to see much headway being made notwithstanding the bait being thrown back into the water.

Now as for Tan Kin Lian, I am wondering whether LKY is giving him enough rope to hang himself or shall TKL avoid the probable 'landmines' ahead?

Have been watching this of approach since the manifesto debacle during the GE which led to the replacement of Hen by Viv as party tactician. Wong Kan Seng overkill of Gomez and the failure to draw Low into it was the 2nd failure which Elder Sister Chua had to come to the rescue.

As for Tan Kin Lian, not sure if old cadres will accept a repeat of Tang Liang Hong affair. They might not go after the family this time.

samurai1110

Alfrescian
Loyal
I gather Kwa Geok Choo no less went stumping for PAP during the 1959 GE:wink:

Then surely she will the one to be invited to speak at conferences instead.:rolleyes:
U certainly are clutching at straws to defend this irresponsible & treacherous ursurper.
Maybe u another 'mercenary' like him selling own soul?:(

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
vigil_photos7.png

See you outside QRP resort tonight. :wink:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have seen her write on SDP site prior to this. Also she has been involved in SDP matters. Now whether Dr Chee or anyone else had input, maybe, but does that really matter?

Btw I gather Kwa Geok Choo no less went stumping for PAP during the 1959 GE:wink:

mrs lee is no mrs chee who endorsed chee into doing those petty nefarious action. it was where all csj's troubles started. (if she was ethical then, she might have discouraged him.)

those who have great aim do not indulge in petty matters. so pls do not compare chee with lee or any other great men like gandhi or mandela.

Last edited: