• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$2.50 Challenge

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. ts, don't ask me hoh.
2. go and get the vain ah baey thing mah.
3. who allegedly loves hawker food:kma:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$2.50 challenge:

1. Chicken Rice with a bowl of free soup $2.80 ( no bandung for 50c) +30 OB ( over budget)
2. Fried Noodle with one fish cake - $2.50 + Ice Water 30cts, some 40cts +30 or 40 OB
3. Chai Tow Kuay - black or white $2 + ice water - $2.30 or $2.40 ( - 10c)
4. Char Siew Rice - $2.50 nvm the drinks

Indian & Malay Food...out of range...Mee Rebus - $3, Indian Mee Goreng $3.50....:rolleyes:

presssomemore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bak Chor Mee
Price: $2.50

Taste not fantastic but quite good. Portion maybe quite small for many.
Perfect for breakfast.

bcm.jpg

presssomemore

Alfrescian
Loyal
$2.50 challenge:

1. Chicken Rice with a bowl of free soup $2.80 ( no bandung for 50c) +30 OB ( over budget)
2. Fried Noodle with one fish cake - $2.50 + Ice Water 30cts, some 40cts +30 or 40 OB
3. Chai Tow Kuay - black or white $2 + ice water - $2.30 or $2.40 ( - 10c)
4. Char Siew Rice - $2.50 nvm the drinks

Indian & Malay Food...out of range...Mee Rebus - $3, Indian Mee Goreng $3.50....:rolleyes:

Where can get $2 Chai Tow Kuay, bro?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Where can get $2 Chai Tow Kuay, bro?

The coffee shop near me, the elderly lady seels Chai Tow Kuay, $2, $3...black or white, in the past, $3 include 1 or two small prawns, not prawns is missing. For $2..you do not expect much right!!, but can do!. Unless, you are "member"..maybe $2 you get $4 portion with prawns & Bandung thrown in...but, she is not supporting "members"... ha ha ha :biggrin:

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hiap Li wanton mee $2.50, good portion of noodles and char siew and 5 wantons!

Cheng San Market
Block 527, Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I was shocked when I had to pay $1.60 for a cup of warm soya bean drunk in the Kopitiam in front of Buangkok MRT station last Saturday. Really really shocked.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
at one Clementi coffee shop, this set still cost $2.00. I asked stall owner why still 2 doola other place sell 3 doora oreddy he said bohpian lah

half-boiled-eggs-wm.png

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
What is the cost for Mee siam mai hum? :biggrin:

Actually, I am surprised no one mentions nasi lemak. I am not talking about those that you buy at the hawker centre nasi padang stall, where you choose what item you want. I am talking about those already prepared ones, wrapped in the banana leaf. You buy them at the kopi tiam, and they are usually supplied by some food contractor to many kopitiams. Inside there is coconut rice, one slice of egg omelette, small fish or ikan bilis, one or 2 slice of cucumber, and chilli. With my kopi cost of 80 cents per cup, and one packet of nasi lemak, comes in at under $2.50 mah. Only problem is you have to eat it cold.

jw5

Loyal
Actually, I am surprised no one mentions nasi lemak. I am not talking about those that you buy at the hawker centre nasi padang stall, where you choose what item you want. I am talking about those already prepared ones, wrapped in the banana leaf. You buy them at the kopi tiam, and they are usually supplied by some food contractor to many kopitiams. Inside there is coconut rice, one slice of egg omelette, small fish or ikan bilis, one or 2 slice of cucumber, and chilli. With my kopi cost of 80 cents per cup, and one packet of nasi lemak, comes in at under $2.50 mah. Only problem is you have to eat it cold.

If you want hot nasi lemak, you can get it from the shops at the mrt stations - anandas or khun thai or other shops............
Usually at about $2 or $2.20 with coconut rice, 1 chicken wing and 1 egg or coconut rice, 1 sausage, 1 egg and 1 slice of fried fish fillet.
But to be under $2.50, no kopi, have to go to the washroom and drink tap water. :o